PDA

View Full Version : OT: Tonya Harding

Tough Dawg
01-17-2014, 01:34 PM
I know her image is relatively nothing now. But we live in a very forgiving society as well. Did that 30 for 30 help or hurt her image to the American public in regards to the incident in '94?

smootness
01-17-2014, 01:39 PM
We're forgiving once you own up to what you did and apologize. Harding's response ever since has been, 'I didn't know anything!' and in that 30-for-30, she was actually throwing stones at Kerrigan for not being friends with her after it, or for not acting as though it didn't happen?

Ha, she definitely didn't help herself. She is dumb.

thunderclap
01-17-2014, 01:53 PM
My question is how did a pair of ice skates ever make it to that trailer park?

Drugdog
01-17-2014, 02:11 PM
She looks like she was rode hard and put up wet.

Johnson85
01-17-2014, 02:34 PM
My question is how did a pair of ice skates ever make it to that trailer park?

Her coach found her. Basically pulled her out of a terrible home environment and put her on the ice.

Didn't see the 30 for 30, but did randomly come across an article about her. The gist of the article was that even if Harding had been the better skater, she was never going to be as popular as Kerrigan because Kerrigan was pretty and 'looked rich' while Hardin was not pretty and looked like frizzy haired trailer trash, and that wouldn't have changed even if Hardin had won gold. Apparently Kerigan was already cashing in with endorsements before she really made it at the olympics while Hardin basically made nothing, and even had to make her own costumes. Hardin thought that if she could beat Kerigan and win a medal at the Olympics, she might start getting a piece of the pie. The article included a bunch of quasi-political nonsense, but it was interesting.

quickstrike2
01-17-2014, 02:38 PM
I don't know that a whole lot can help her image. She seems about as low character as they come.

Op4isabitch
01-17-2014, 03:37 PM
I'm all forgiving to any chick who makes a honeymoon sex tape!

She's forgiven in my book.

FlabLoser
01-17-2014, 03:41 PM
I felt sorry for Harding. She deserved to be kicked out of skating and it turns out the financial penalty for that was enormous. I feel sorry for her like I feel sorry for Dontae Walker. World class talent, wasted. I guess I feel more sad than sorry about the story.

BTW...

Would ya? Not now, but then.

hacker
01-17-2014, 04:24 PM
Her coach found her. Basically pulled her out of a terrible home environment and put her on the ice.

Didn't see the 30 for 30, but did randomly come across an article about her. The gist of the article was that even if Harding had been the better skater, she was never going to be as popular as Kerrigan because Kerrigan was pretty and 'looked rich' while Hardin was not pretty and looked like frizzy haired trailer trash, and that wouldn't have changed even if Hardin had won gold. Apparently Kerigan was already cashing in with endorsements before she really made it at the olympics while Hardin basically made nothing, and even had to make her own costumes. Hardin thought that if she could beat Kerigan and win a medal at the Olympics, she might start getting a piece of the pie. The article included a bunch of quasi-political nonsense, but it was interesting.

This post poetically went from Kerrigan and Harding to Kerigan and Hardin.

Maroonthirteen
01-17-2014, 06:04 PM
I typically pull for the underdog and/or blue collar.........but Harding got what she deserved. It was justice that she choked in the Olympics. It was so obvious when she pulled the "my lace is broke" that she was lying and could not accept the fact that she sucked. Then to say what she did about Kerringan on the 30for30........just reminded America of how terrible she was and still is.

FlabLoser
01-17-2014, 09:17 PM
I give her the benefit of doubt.

It is possible that she planned the deal, but it is also possible that she didn't. Her boyfriend has Nancy's knee jobbed. She finds out, but doesn't turn on her boyfriend. I can't say I fault her for that. If that's what really happened, then she got a really really shitty deal. She'd be bitter and that shows.

Or maybe she planned the whole thing and she is trailer trash through and through.

That broken laces thing is true. She went out there, tried to skate, and without leaving the ice she showed the judges a broken lace. They let her re-lace it. By that time she was an emotional wreck and skated her worst. But I have to question how she didn't have her skates laced and ready to go FOR THE OLYMPICS. That's like a MLB player who doesn't check out his cleats, bat, and glove before the world series. That just doesn't happen.