PDA

View Full Version : Still got a chance to get the 1 win we're hoping for tomorrow...

CadaverDawg
04-27-2013, 07:05 PM
And we have Lindgren, Ross, and Holder totally fresh.

Nothing to be ashamed of at this point. We have played them extremely tough, but it's up to our guys to get some hits when it matters most.

This is the type of team that we need to break out the old Cohen small ball tactics on. We have GOT to find a way to push a few runs across the damn plate. Too many runners are reaching 2nd and 3rd with less than 2 outs to only be scoring 1-2 runs a damn game.

If we're gonna win big games, it's time for the team to sack up and quit making excuses. Hit the ****ing baseball.

Todd4State
04-27-2013, 07:09 PM
If Lindgren pitches like he did last week, we should be in good shape.

msstate7
04-27-2013, 07:12 PM
If Lindgren pitches like he did last week, we should be in good shape.

This is the only pitching matchup we have the advantage this weekend. Gotta get it done or we could be going to someone else's regional. Think we get it done

CadaverDawg
04-27-2013, 07:16 PM
This is the only pitching matchup we have the advantage this weekend. Gotta get it done or we could be going to someone else's regional. Think we get it done

What? I don't think getting swept on the road at Vandy comes anywhere close to losing a host spot. May keep us from a National seed, but we are still in great position to host regardless of tomorrow

Todd4State
04-27-2013, 07:19 PM
We are still going to control our own destiny no matter what happens tomorrow. Really, it's more important to take care of business against Bama, Ole Miss and South Carolina and not lose to Oral Roberts at this point. With our RPI what it is, I really think the committee is likely to take that into consideration as well as who we have played as well as who others haven't into account this year.

Will James
04-27-2013, 07:20 PM
My prediction from 4-23-13

"I don't like the matchup. I feel they play our game better and more consistently than we do. They are just more solid and well rounded, you wont see near as many boneheaded plays out of them. I think we take Sunday with Lindgren but lose the other two."

We'll figure it out tomorrow

CadaverDawg
04-27-2013, 07:22 PM
We are still going to control our own destiny no matter what happens tomorrow. Really, it's more important to take care of business against Bama, Ole Miss and South Carolina and not lose to Oral Roberts at this point. With our RPI what it is, I really think the committee is likely to take that into consideration as well as who we have played as well as who others haven't into account this year.

And truthfully, unless South Carolina takes 2 of 3 from LSU....nothing has really changed when it comes to the hosting picture in the SEC, from last week. Ole Miss crapped their pants, and USC is playing a juggernaut just like we are at their place.

Would be great if we could sweep Bama and win the OM series...then we would be right back in the National seed picture with Suth Carolina coming to town, and a chance for a signature resume building series win.

CadaverDawg
04-27-2013, 07:23 PM
My prediction from 4-23-13

"I don't like the matchup. I feel they play our game better and more consistently than we do. They are just more solid and well rounded, you wont see near as many boneheaded plays out of them. I think we take Sunday with Lindgren but lose the other two."

We'll figure it out tomorrow

I would be glad to call you right if that happens.

Homedawg
04-27-2013, 08:56 PM

This. So true. Heck he's our ace to be honest and he gets their 3. I'm sure a good 3 but still not their 1....or 2!

Drugdog
04-27-2013, 09:00 PM
I really don't get it. Most of u are ok with losing 2-3 or getting swept. Wow.
I think we should win all of them and if we lose I am not ok with it because it is a higher ranked team.
Grow some nuts ladies.

Coach34
04-27-2013, 09:14 PM
Gotta get it done or we could be going to someone else's regional.

We are a lock for a regional unless we go apeshit and the losses mount. A sweep will cost us any shot at a national seed

Todd4State
04-27-2013, 09:49 PM
I think we should win all of them and if we lose I am not ok with it because it is a higher ranked team.
Grow some nuts ladies.

I'm highly pissed about their bullshit turf, the umpire, and the fact that we lost. But it's over and it's time to move on.

ScoobaDawg
04-27-2013, 10:07 PM
Grow some nuts ladies.

Its not like we got our asses kicked. we were competitive with a team who is likely to either win the SEC overall or come in 2nd. We are getting close but are still not there with them.
Get some reality. If you thought we were going to swap Vandy this week or win every game this season thats just delusional.

maroonmania
04-27-2013, 10:24 PM
I'm highly pissed about their bullshit turf, the umpire, and the fact that we lost. But it's over and it's time to move on.

With the delay I didn't get to see any of the game. What was the deal with the umpire? Was it the home plate ump?