PDA

View Full Version : Damn I hate the C-L more and more every day!!

Bucky Dog
01-17-2014, 07:42 AM
I open up the C-L this morning the the headlines, "OC's departure WILL affect Misissippi State's recruits"! I mean how negative does that sound? Somebody smarter can link this, but no where in the article Bonner writes does it say anything about it affecting recruiting other than saying Will Coleman was a little concerned because Les was his only contact. But then goes on to say he has talked to Turner and everything is fine.

I may be over thinking it but why write that kind of headline?!

civildawg
01-17-2014, 07:44 AM
Cancel it man.

Thick
01-17-2014, 07:47 AM
Stopped getting that bird cage liner years ago! You should do the same.

Bucky Dog
01-17-2014, 07:54 AM
Well I'm out of state now and it is somewhat of a link to stay up on news mainly and some sports back in MS. But it just seems to be so biased. Why do we allow access to douchebags that write irresponsible and negative pieces that have no credibility?!

Dawgfan77
01-17-2014, 07:58 AM
Well I'm out of state now and it is somewhat of a link to stay up on news mainly and some sports back in MS. But it just seems to be so biased. Why do we allow access to douchebags that write irresponsible and negative pieces that have no credibility?!

you can keep us with MS sports news and MSU sports on line

32 Dive
01-17-2014, 07:59 AM
Haven't read that fish wrap in years. I do my best to not even mention that "publication" by name. When they had the statewide monopoly of MSU information, we were all forced to read it. Thank goodness for the internet, and the proliferation of sports outlets.

Drugdog
01-17-2014, 08:44 AM
I open up the C-L this morning the the headlines, "OC's departure WILL affect Misissippi State's recruits"! I mean how negative does that sound? Somebody smarter can link this, but no where in the article Bonner writes does it say anything about it affecting recruiting other than saying Will Coleman was a little concerned because Les was his only contact. But then goes on to say he has talked to Turner and everything is fine.

I may be over thinking it but why write that kind of headline?!

You are self inflicting your pain. Don't read CL or BReport and life is much easier.

rabbitthedawg
01-17-2014, 08:47 AM
Ask yourself, "how many kids read the Clarion Ledger?" That should answer and ill will or nervousness you feel.

Martianlander
01-17-2014, 09:19 AM
Daily Journal was the same way with Brad Locke. Will have to say Logan Lowery has been a big improvement, even though the Journal is still a left wing liberal rag.

Matty Dispatch
01-17-2014, 09:24 AM
You should read the Dispatch!!!!!

Bucky Dog
01-17-2014, 09:28 AM

Shameless self promotion?!

maroonmania
01-17-2014, 09:32 AM
Doubt Bonner had anything to do with the headline. Likely one of the OM homer editors that threw that jewel in there.

CJDAWG85
01-17-2014, 10:07 AM
Actually it was Bonner who wrote it.

bully99
01-17-2014, 10:14 AM
Clarion ledger and USA Today have essentially become one paper. If you've seen it the last week, they've combined the two papers. They had to do something because both papers are going into the crapper.

Goat Holder
01-17-2014, 10:17 AM
This is the time that pisses me off more than the title:

And while other recruits think about football, recent events at MSU exposed the another side of the game that remains on his mind.

?You know, it is a business. You just gotta, I don?t know,? Coleman said. ?It didn?t change my decision at all, but it just kind of, you know, makes me think about it a little bit.?

The reporters are straight up digging to find dirt. WTF?

dickiedawg
01-17-2014, 10:34 AM
Don't get the outrage here. Paul Jones and Rosebowl asked the kid the same questions and got the same answers. Is that an Ole Miss conspiracy?

ETA: Originally said "Are they biased?" but of course the answer to that is yes, but not the point.

M.Fillmore
01-17-2014, 11:32 AM
These guys simply don't get that their "tough nosed objective" reporting of MSU helps put them in the unemployment line later. Yeah, yeah, I know they think they will advance upward and onward after the CL, and Daily Journal are a memory. The CL had one guy who was promoted to selling shirts at in the men's department at Belk.

Coach34
01-17-2014, 11:41 AM

Stevens shall be Gargamel from this day forward to me

maroonmania
01-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Actually it was Bonner who wrote it.

I know he wrote the article but but how do you know he wrote the headline which I thought was the issue here?

Pollodawg
01-17-2014, 12:51 PM
Print news is a dead media anyway.

Bothrops
01-17-2014, 01:52 PM
It's an OM biased publication, so expect as much. The CL went to shit about a decade ago when they stopped printing a separate, dedicated business section. If it weren't for all the retail and medical ads, the paper would serve no purpose at all.