PDA

View Full Version : Per the twitters, Deshea is at Hoover High today

whosyourdawgy
01-16-2014, 01:07 PM
Working on Marlon Humphrey. Gotta love the attention we are spending on this young man. Let's hope it pays off in the end.

@AndrewJBone: #MissSt DB coach @desheatownsend currently visiting Hoover High School. Five-star CB Marlon Humphrey visits the Bulldogs on January 26.

AlaDawg
01-16-2014, 01:41 PM
Kirby Smart is also scheduled to visit today. Marlon is scheduled to visit FSU this weekend I believe.

Sacrifice
01-16-2014, 01:56 PM
Jeremy Pruitt the DC for FSU was the lead recruiter for Humphrey's now he's gone to Georgia. I know it's a long shot but It'll be interesting to see if that'll help us in anyway.

engie
01-16-2014, 02:20 PM
Pruitt leaving FSU definitely helps us. Still expecting him to Bama.

In a perfect world, we could sell him on the promise of playing with 5-6 of his (jr) highschool teammates and pull off a total coup at Hoover... Obviously not likely -- just saying...

AlaDawg
01-16-2014, 02:26 PM
Bobby Humphrey's close friend was Jimbo's college roomate and friend so I don't believe Pruitt leaving is going to have much of an effect on whether or not Marlon chooses FSU. That recruitment relationship is based on Jimbo and Jimbo alone.

dawgclub99
01-16-2014, 07:55 PM
Hate it because itd be a hell of a get but he is Bama bound.

defiantdog
01-16-2014, 08:53 PM
Bobby Humphrey's close friend was Jimbo's college roomate and friend so I don't believe Pruitt leaving is going to have much of an effect on whether or not Marlon chooses FSU. That recruitment relationship is based on Jimbo and Jimbo alone.

Jimbo alone? Really? You honestly don't know much then. Pruitt coached Marlon's brother in high school at Hoover, Pruitt has been in constant contact with the family prior to his departure, and he's been here several times throughout his recruitment. And Marlon's girlfriend is going to FSU to run track. Now how is the recruitment relationship with Jimbo alone? Because Bobby Humphrey is friends with Jimbo's college roommate? SMH

Dallas_Dawg
01-16-2014, 09:42 PM
There was an article in SI last week about the top uncommitted prospects and Marlon was No. 1 on the list for defense. His finalists were Bama and FSU. We weren't even mentioned.
Most of the other names on the list had 3 or 4 schools listed. Bullshit

dawgclub99
01-16-2014, 10:57 PM
There was an article in SI last week about the top uncommitted prospects and Marlon was No. 1 on the list for defense. His finalists were Bama and FSU. We weren't even mentioned.
Most of the other names on the list had 3 or 4 schools listed. Bullshit

No one is going to take us seriously with those type of players until we start landing those type of players. And I dont mean highly ranked MS recruits. I mean out-of-state recruits that the big boys want too.

Dawg61
01-16-2014, 11:52 PM
If I had to guess Marlon and Dupre are going to FSU.

Schultzy
01-17-2014, 06:34 AM
We are finally letting our track coach help with his recruitment as he was at Hoover as well. Humphrey is coming for a visit mid week next week so we have a puncher's chance.

Some say he has a chance to compete in the next summer Olympics.

sbcmortgageman
01-17-2014, 07:31 AM
Cautiously optimistic.

AlaDawg
01-17-2014, 08:17 AM
Jimbo alone? Really? You honestly don't know much then. Pruitt coached Marlon's brother in high school at Hoover, Pruitt has been in constant contact with the family prior to his departure, and he's been here several times throughout his recruitment. And Marlon's girlfriend is going to FSU to run track. Now how is the recruitment relationship with Jimbo alone? Because Bobby Humphrey is friends with Jimbo's college roommate? SMH

Pruitt was lead recruiter worh obvious inroads but Jimbo is the head coach and main person reaponsible for telling Marlon and parents what they need to hear. The decisions and promises begin and end with Jimbo. FSU didnt need Pruitt to be in the mix for Marlon. His gf is headed there for track and Jimbo is the coach. Even with that,however, I believe young Marlon ends up at UA.

Sam&DeansDawg
01-17-2014, 08:46 AM
[QUOTE=dawgclub99;119292]Hate it because itd be a hell of a get but he is Bama bound.[/

5 stars like Marlon Humphrey don't matter. I'd rather take a 3 star from Mississippi than Humphrey because he'd be more coachable and have a higher upside than a pre Madonna like Humphrey.

bgover4
01-17-2014, 10:05 AM
5 stars like Marlon Humphrey don't matter. I'd rather take a 3 star from Mississippi than Humphrey because he'd be more coachable and have a higher upside than a pre Madonna like Humphrey.

Not all 5 stars are pre-madonnas (see Chris Jones). Not saying Marlon is or isn't but I would definitely not put a 3-star MS player over him if he isn't.

defiantdog
01-17-2014, 10:21 AM
Marlon isn't a premadonna.... he's a good kid. But I believe his decision to go to UA has been made for him.

slickdawg
01-17-2014, 10:27 AM
His father, Bobby Humphrey, is a Bama legend. I expect him to go there because its expected of him.

But if he wants to develop into an NFL stud in three years, Deshea Townsend is the guy he needs to play for.

smootness
01-17-2014, 10:35 AM
I don't care if Humphrey is a pre Madonna, just so long as he's not a primadonna.

Coach34
01-17-2014, 10:50 AM
I don't care if Humphrey is a pre Madonna, just so long as he's not a primadonna.

Pre-Madonna is an old joke from the SPS days and one of the funniest threads I've ever read. A guy made a post that was as serious as he could be- and kept calling some a player a "pre-Madonna". I've used that version ever since....that and "Shirley"

Rick Danko
01-17-2014, 10:56 AM
[QUOTE=dawgclub99;119292]Hate it because itd be a hell of a get but he is Bama bound.[/

5 stars like Marlon Humphrey don't matter. I'd rather take a 3 star from Mississippi than Humphrey because he'd be more coachable and have a higher upside than a pre Madonna like Humphrey.***************

FIFY

smootness
01-17-2014, 11:14 AM
Pre-Madonna is an old joke from the SPS days and one of the funniest threads I've ever read. A guy made a post that was as serious as he could be- and kept calling some a player a "pre-Madonna". I've used that version ever since....that and "Shirley"

I'm pretty confident Sam&Dean was joking, not so sure about the others.

AlaDawg
01-17-2014, 11:22 AM
Malzahn will be at Hoover high school later this morning making his visit. I was told that this week alone representatives from BYU MSU FSU and Bama Have been to Hoover high school