PDA

View Full Version : Must have missed it - What was Bo Bounds

Dawgtini
01-16-2014, 10:41 AM
Talking about this morning regarding someone "running their mouth around the state". Seemed to be about Les.

BeastMan
01-16-2014, 10:43 AM
On OOB this morning, he brought the heat at Les. Said Les went all over the state complaining about his boss and it was unprofessional. Said he should have been grateful to make 1.3 M the last 5 years and fly in charter plains and big packed stadiums as opposed to coaching at USA.

He did preface all that with Les doing a good job yada yada. This is why I like Bo. He knows what's going on with the state's programs and doesn't sugar coat it like a fan site guy would have to (for access). Sounds to me like Mullen got tired of his sniffling and option pitched Les to his old buddy Charlie Strong.

Sheds new light on the situation. I think Les did a nice job but new blood won't be a bad thing.

engie
It was about Les.

Bo accused him of badmouthing us/our staff around the state and kinda sabotaging Mullen with some of his connections different places.

ShotgunDawg
I heard this as well. Sounded like he said Les went around the state complaining about his role on the staff.

Coach34
01-16-2014, 11:05 AM
I heard this as well. Sounded like he said Les went around the state complaining about his role on the staff.

I know this to be true...glad Bo got it out there.

Dawgtini
01-16-2014, 11:08 AM
The thing that gets me is why this is the first I have heard it mentioned. Did Bo give a source? He didn't mention it yesterday when talking about Les.

Coach34
01-16-2014, 11:13 AM
The thing that gets me is why this is the first I have heard it mentioned. Did Bo give a source? He didn't mention it yesterday when talking about Les.

Because the latest from the BearSharks is that our program is falling apart because Mullen cant keep coaches. Constant turnover on the staff. One tweet I got yesterday said:

@OleMissRebel805
@Elitedawg34 when msu fires mullen... His inability to hold a staff together will be high on the list.

codeDawg
01-16-2014, 11:18 AM
It was about Les.

Bo accused him of badmouthing us/our staff around the state and kinda sabotaging Mullen with some of his connections different places.

#butthurt

mic
01-16-2014, 11:21 AM
Because the latest from the BearSharks is that our program is falling apart because Mullen cant keep coaches. Constant turnover on the staff. One tweet I got yesterday said:

@OleMissRebel805
@Elitedawg34 when msu fires mullen... His inability to hold a staff together will be high on the list.

Yet every year the staff he puts together is better than the last one he had..

msstate7
01-16-2014, 11:36 AM

@OleMissRebel805

When OM fires freeze, Mullen owning the egg bowl series will be high on the list

Johnson85
01-16-2014, 11:37 AM

It's been mentioned before. Never heard that Les actually badmouthed Mullen, but people have repeated statements Les has made that made it clear he was not entirely in agreement with some of Mullen's decisions. I was told that he was complaining about Mullen's decision to stick with Russell (especially in the Gator Bowl) and that Mullen was the one limiting his ability to be creative on offense. But you couldn't tell from the actual quotes. All you could tell was that he disagreed with Mullen on some things without particulars and thought he was unfairly criticized for some of Mullen's decisions.

tcdog70
01-16-2014, 12:16 PM
Les, was probably pissed that Fans thought He was the one calling the shitty plays. Also blaming Him for playing Tyler over Dak and Perk over Robinson.

maroonmania
01-16-2014, 12:26 PM
Les, was probably pissed that Fans thought He was the one calling the shitty plays. Also blaming Him for playing Tyler over Dak and Perk over Robinson.

I know Les caught flak from fans who thought he was calling the majority of the plays but I don't know any fans that actually thought he had the responsibility for personnel moves during a game or determining who starters were.

FlabLoser
01-16-2014, 12:27 PM

@OleMissRebel805

Yeah, our staff is so bad and so poorly put together that major programs continued to be interesting in hiring our guys away.

Who is the last Ole Miss coach that left them for a name brand school?

Ole Miss used to say we were a coaching graveyard. Now that we have coaches drawing interest from big schools its that Mullen can't keep a staff together. Those Ole Miss boys just throw mud and go with that they think sticks.

Political Hack
01-16-2014, 12:59 PM
Yet every year the staff he puts together is better than the last one he had..

generally yes, but the 2010 staff was pretty bad ass.

cheewgumm
01-16-2014, 02:47 PM
Do the Rebs at least admit they have to get rid of freeze if we beat them next year on Oxford? I mean dn would they stand for that?

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-16-2014, 03:26 PM
Do the Rebs at least admit they have to get rid of freeze if we beat them next year on Oxford? I mean dn would they stand for that?

They will have to have a dreadful season next year to consider firing Freeze. Even if he loses the Egg Bowl his job will be safe. If he loses it 3 times in a row...he will be in some trouble.

UMCDawg16
01-16-2014, 04:06 PM
Well they might as well fire him now then because Dak isn't going to lose to the Plantation.

messageboardsuperhero
01-16-2014, 04:26 PM

@OleMissRebel805

LOL. That's laughable.

Those people just throw shit on the wall until their entire fanbase is refraining the same thing. When they are all proven wrong, it's like nothing ever happened and they move onto the next lie. That's why UM fans hate this site- we remember and remind them of every time time they have ever spewed bullshit lies.

As Todd says, they hate it when you throw their shit back into their face.

Coach34
01-16-2014, 05:01 PM
LOL. That's laughable.

Those people just throw shit on the wall until their entire fanbase is refraining the same thing. When they are all proven wrong, it's like nothing ever happened and they move onto the next lie. That's why UM fans hate this site- we remember and remind them of every time time they have ever spewed bullshit lies.

As Todd says, they hate it when you throw their shit back into their face.

exactly

Last year it was:

Mullen is going to be fired after he goes 4-8 in 2013
State has no talent and it's getting worse
Freezus will win a NC by the end of his 4th season

Irondawg
01-16-2014, 05:07 PM
Since I don't know - has OM lost anybody off their staff the last 2 years? If so, who and where did they go?

RougeDawg
01-16-2014, 05:29 PM
Since I don't know - has OM lost anybody off their staff the last 2 years? If so, who and where did they go?

Only real possibilities of current coaches departing, is Kiffin to Parchman.

FlabLoser
01-16-2014, 05:43 PM

Nobody there worth taking. Don't take my word for it. Take the collective word of all the other D-1 schools.

Coach34
01-16-2014, 05:47 PM
They lost a DB coach maybe?

Nobody is coming to steal Dave Wommack or Dean Woerner.

Jacksondevildog
01-16-2014, 05:59 PM
Has anyone ever seen a fan base that talks shit to a rival so much after the rival had dominated the series over the course of a 5-year period? It's simply unreal. If they had beaten us 4 of the last 5, I would be tweeting and posting on boards about how we are dominating them and talking shit. It's crazy.

messageboardsuperhero
01-16-2014, 06:45 PM
exactly

Last year it was:

Mullen is going to be fired after he goes 4-8 in 2013
State has no talent and it's getting worse
Freezus will win a NC by the end of his 4th season

2009:
Mullen has no experience and will fail.
Mullen rode Meyer's coattails.
Mullen is a yankee athiest (My personal favorite).

2010:
Mullen will be gone the first chance he gets.
Megan hates Starkville.
After losing the EB again, Nutt understands the rivalry now (this could be said for 2009 or any year he lost to State- as if he miraculously remembered the importance after each lose, only to forgot 11 months later).

2011:
Mullen can't recruit and is winning with Croom's players.
Nutt is gone and we will regain our supremacy.

2012:
Mullen is scared of Freeze.
Mullen is still trying to get out of Starkville.
Freeze understands the rivalry.

2013:
Mullen still can't recruit (even though we have some damn good young players too).
Mullen can't keep coaches together.
Denzel Nkemdiche says he didn't understand the rivalry this year, but that's okay because he says he "get's it" now!
How dare you question the validity of Freeze's "faith based coaching/recruiting"- going after a man's religion is just low... Even though they've been falsely accusing Mullen of being an atheist since the day he was hired.

I wonder if UM people realize how stupid they look when they say shit like this?