PDA

View Full Version : Have the Kentucky basketball "boosters" taken up football recruiting as a hobby?

RougeDawg
01-16-2014, 08:46 AM
They have between 5-8 four star commits that class, all but one of which come from states with premier programs (Ohio, Georgia, and Florida) and are ranked 8th in SEC on rivals.

Kentucky has an irrelevant program, but is recruiting in almost the top half of the SEC. Looks like the basketball cigar boys have turned their attention to football this year.

Also, has anyone wasted more Talent than Tennessee the last decade? The are routinely in the top 10-20 with class rankings but have struggled to just make bowl games. Sounds eerily similar to another program, but TN has recruited consistently amongst the top 4 in the SEC for 20+ years

I believe someone had a break down of average class rankings over a period of years and the win totals. Anyone have the link or know when/where it was posted?

SDDawg
01-16-2014, 09:42 AM
They have between 5-8 four star commits that class, all but one of which come from states with premier programs (Ohio, Georgia, and Florida) and are ranked 8th in SEC on rivals.

Kentucky has an irrelevant program, but is recruiting in almost the top half of the SEC. Looks like the basketball cigar boys have turned their attention to football this year.

Also, has anyone wasted more Talent than Tennessee the last decade? The are routinely in the top 10-20 with class rankings but have struggled to just make bowl games. Sounds eerily similar to another program, but TN has recruited consistently amongst the top 4 in the SEC for 20+ years

I believe someone had a break down of average class rankings over a period of years and the win totals. Anyone have the link or know when/where it was posted?

Two factors I believe: first, they have a "Freeze effect" with Stoops, an energized new recruiter that's getting in front of kids that would have never considered Kentucky in the past. I hear that they've had particular success recruiting on B1G battlegrounds in Ohio that previously went to OSU, Michigan, etc. I would also guess that the bag men are popping out of the shadows and making a push to compete in football. As well all know though, takes much more than one or two recruiting classes to turn a program around.