PDA

View Full Version : LSU up 2, with 3 min to play in the SadPad...

RougeDawg
01-15-2014, 10:56 PM
They are also shorting just slightly over 50% free throws, or this one would be over already.

Crackhead Just had to be grabbed and calmed down by 2 coaches before he got T'd up after committing a foul.

Coach34
01-15-2014, 11:09 PM
now OM up 7 in OT

Goat Holder
01-15-2014, 11:11 PM
You Kennedy haters are going to learn sooner or later that he ain't that bad. That's a good LSU team they are about to beat.

RougeDawg
01-15-2014, 11:20 PM
From 1:12 left in regulation to 1:30 left on ot OM went on a 15-0 run. LSU has missed a ton of free throws and could have easily won in regulation.

Side note: how does Henderson avoid technical fouls? In the 8 minutes I've watched he should have been called for at least 2. Is OM immune to technical calls in basketball and unsportsmanlike in football for lsndsharting after plays?

smootness
01-15-2014, 11:35 PM
You Kennedy haters are going to learn sooner or later that he ain't that bad. That's a good LSU team they are about to beat.

Oh, I'm cool if they keep him forever.

nsvltndog
01-15-2014, 11:54 PM
Did the kid from Spain play against us? He played great for them tonight.

chef dixon
01-16-2014, 12:00 AM
Kennedy is serviceable. The bottom line with Ole Miss hoops is its a tough program to sell to big time players. They needed a random dude like Henderson to fall into their lap to actually have an above average year. Looks like another 18ish win season and NIT bid this year for them.

engie
01-16-2014, 12:18 AM
Kennedy is a poor man's Stansbury without the solid foundation that Stans had at first. Nothing more -- nothing less.

CJDAWG85
01-16-2014, 12:26 AM
LSU is good? They got blown out by Tenn at home, barely beat SCar on the road, and choked this one away. They have a lot of talent, but I wouldn't say they are that good.

rtdawg
01-16-2014, 09:37 AM
Agreed, hope they keep Kennedy for a long time. I don't think he is very good....

Jacksondevildog
01-16-2014, 09:42 AM
People see LSU with Johnny O Bryant and a little size in the post and automatically assume that they are good. They will be an NCAA bubble team, at best, this year. Just because a team is better than us doesn't mean they are good. Also, they will probably roll Ole Miss in Baton Rouge. No one in the SEC is worth shit this year except for Florida and Kentucky and they are not national title good. Florida will probably be a 4 or 5 seed when it is all said and done.

fishwater99
01-16-2014, 10:19 AM
Did the kid from Spain play against us? He played great for them tonight.

Yep, Saiz played 17 minutes against us, 4 pts, 7 boards. I guess he likes playing at home... I thought he played great vs LSU..

smootness
01-16-2014, 10:27 AM
I think Florida's probably a comfortable 3/4 with the chance to bump up to a 2. They don't have any stars but are a very, very good team. I didn't like a lot of Donovan's early teams, with guys like Roberson and Walsh - thought they were always overrated - but now they're pretty much underrated every year and he does a really good job of finding quality players who buy into his system and play as a team.

Kentucky could always get it together and make a run at the national title because of the level of talent, but I don't see that happening with this group. They don't really have a PG, and in Calipari's system, that's a problem. I'm wondering if UK fans start to get tired of this formula if they don't make a strong run. Because unless he changes the way he recruits, this is what they'll be every single year; it's not like he still needs time - time isn't going to change anything. This is arguably the greatest recruiting class of all-time, yet here they are struggling consistently. Good luck with that. They had the one year where Anthony Davis and MKG were just special, and the Wall-Cousins team was pretty good, but I think generally they're going to be about a Sweet 16, maybe Elite 8 team under him...fine, but I don't think it's going to be good enough.

Everyone else is pretty much mediocre at best.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
01-16-2014, 10:32 AM
It's amazing that the SEC is so bad because if you just look at the talent level of a team like LSU, its hard to believe they are not good. There are also good coaches in this league, who have won in other leagues, so I don't really think its about the coaching. There is just something about playing in the SEC that takes good talent and turns it into basketball shit.

I know that the high school talent is very underdeveloped, but sometimes I wonder if its simply the physical way games have been called for years in the SEC. The refs, for years, have let SEC teams in conference play simply beat the hell out of one another. That type of play devalues fundamentals and overvalues athleticism. Perhaps a few years with the new rules (if the SEC refs will call the games properly) will change things. Guess we will see.