PDA

View Full Version : I'm a huge college basketball fan but the quality of the game in general has gone to

whosyourdawgy
01-15-2014, 09:22 PM
shit. Not just MSU basketball. Hell 'Bama sucks except for Releford. But you watch any game and the great offense, great defense, good shooting and the all around game has just gone to Hell. There is no wonder crowds are down. IT isn't fun to watch anymore.

messageboardsuperhero
01-15-2014, 09:29 PM
I was never the biggest basketball fan to begin with, but SEC basketball is damn near unwatchable now. The players just don't seem like they understand how to play fundamentally sound basketball.

I watched a little of the Wisconsin-Indiana game last night, and it was night-and-day compared to the SEC.

Coach34
01-15-2014, 09:32 PM
SEC basketball is awful right now...just a bunch of athletes with shit for fundamentals

HailState39110
01-15-2014, 09:40 PM
Maybe we could get a big European influx into the college game like we did for the NBA. The Europeans know fundamentals and although much less athletic than some of the US AAU ballers, they know how to play the game . I think when David Stern went global with the sport it revived pro basketball

msugolf
01-15-2014, 09:44 PM
It used to be my favorite sport to watch as well. Basketball fundamentals have been on the decline ever since the rise of AAU. I wouldn't be opposed if we focused most of our recruiting efforts on players outside the southeast and internationals.

engie
01-15-2014, 09:48 PM
The one and done and transfer thing has killed the game.

I wish they treated basketball exactly like baseball. Either go pro out of highschool if you are good enough -- or stay in college at least 3 years.

mparkerfd20
01-15-2014, 09:51 PM
But especially MSU basketball.

bully99
01-15-2014, 09:58 PM
Meanwhile, our radio broadcast continues to get worse and worse. Jim Ellis is just lost and confused and Bart Gregory laughs at everything he says.
I mean Gregory laughs at his own words, Weird.

Dawg61
01-15-2014, 10:00 PM
Basketball has been awful this year. I loathe the new rule change.

quickstrike2
01-15-2014, 10:27 PM
SEC basketball is awful right now...just a bunch of athletes with shit for fundamentals

I think this is the way basketball is going in general. Gyms full of raw athletes with all the "measurables" throwing bricks up all day.