PDA

View Full Version : Bridgewater v JFF???

BogeyGolfer
01-15-2014, 07:23 PM
If I had the first pick, I'm taking JFF all day, every day. The 17er is a gamer! I would take Clowney as my #2. Geno Smith= Teddy Bridgewater...thoughts?

bobcat91
01-15-2014, 07:25 PM
He has the talent, mobility, arm strength, accuracy and most of all has the can't miss it factor. Bridgewater is Akili Smith part 2.

Dawg61
01-15-2014, 07:30 PM
If I'm the HOUSTON TEXANS I am taking the QB from TEXAS A&M. All day everyday. Then I'm drafting Mike Evans in the 2nd round. JFF, Andre Johnson, Arian Foster, Mike Evans and Deandre Hopkins inside Reliant Stadium with a sold out show and JJ Watt on D ain't too shabby.

Bothrops
01-15-2014, 07:31 PM
JFF easily

Vandownbytheriver
01-15-2014, 07:42 PM
Teddy seems like a slower RG3 to me. Never quite got all the hype with him. I take the UCF kid before I take him.

Dawg61
01-15-2014, 07:45 PM
Bridgewater is like a slower post-injury RG3 that never runs anyways. He'll be a bust. I'd take AJ, Murray or Mett before Teddy.

msstate7
01-15-2014, 07:47 PM
Bridgewater. He's very accurate and JFF can't hold a candle to him as far as arm strength. Neither are Winston though...

ShotgunDawg
01-15-2014, 07:53 PM
JFF

Bridgewater has better measurables and tools, but Manziel has the best instincts and is the better player.

Imagine, if you were an NFL GM and passed on Manziel, and he then became a pro bowler. How stupid would you feel? He would've only showed it to you against the best teams for two years in college.

starkvegasdawg
01-15-2014, 08:02 PM
May be wrong but not convinced JFF's game will translate to the nfl. He gets away with a lot of stuff that will get him killed in the league. Time will tell.

quickstrike2
01-15-2014, 08:05 PM
Id go with Johnny Football, but neither is a guy I want to be my franchise guy. Think both will be closer to Vick and rg3, alot of excitement but not many playoff wins or appearances. Obviously rg has time to change that.

Coach34
01-15-2014, 08:09 PM
No way I take Manziel or Bridgewater. I draft Clowney or another player on the DL and get a QB like McCarron in the 3rd round.

Manziel will be broken in half within 2 years. Plus, with all the partying he is going to do, his body wont last. He will be damn good until they hurt him- but they will hurt him

Vandownbytheriver
01-15-2014, 08:29 PM
Wasn't JFF supposed to be broken in half this year by SEC defenses? At least, that's the party line I heard all last year.

HereComesTheSpiral
01-15-2014, 08:29 PM
If by first pick you mean the Texans taking one of them, then neither. Texans need to fill holes. I would go for a stub OL or DL and maybe make a run at someone like Cutler or another FA quarterback.

Bothrops
01-15-2014, 08:43 PM
Both Bridgewater and Johnny could get hurt in th NFL.

Coach34
01-15-2014, 08:59 PM
Wasn't JFF supposed to be broken in half this year by SEC defenses? At least, that's the party line I heard all last year.

Manziel had 60 less carries in 2013 than in 2012 because he was getting beat up. He also rushed for 600 less yards than in 2012.

The SEC made some adjustments. So will the NFL- and alot quicker

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-15-2014, 09:00 PM
No way I take Manziel or Bridgewater. I draft Clowney or another player on the DL and get a QB like McCarron in the 3rd round.

Manziel will be broken in half within 2 years. Plus, with all the partying he is going to do, his body wont last. He will be damn good until they hurt him- but they will hurt him

I couldn't agree more with you. They are going to break him in half in the NFL. Everyone can catch him in the league, and once they get their hands on him, it's over.

ShotgunDawg
01-15-2014, 09:04 PM
I don't want him for his running ability. Sure he can manipulate the pocket as well as anyone and avoid sacks, but I want JFF because he is a football junkie and has instincts for reading defenses and finding the open guy.

I don't compare him to RG3 and Vick, because, while both those guys are very talented, I believe they both have average to below average instincts. JFF reads the field, understands defenses, and has a knack of knowing where to throw the football.

Don't be surprised if he turns into a potent pocket passer in the NFL

CadaverDawg
01-15-2014, 09:09 PM
Mike Evans won't be available in the second round. Many think he goes Top 15 to the Rams. They will also probably get the OL out of A&M with their pick earlier than that. The Rams are putting together a nice OLine, Bradford, Austin, and possibly Evans, to go with a tough defense. They could make a little noise in the years to come. I'm just not sure Sam Bradford will ever be what people thought he would be.

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-15-2014, 09:12 PM
The only reason guys were always so open is because he would run around long enough for them to get that way. Once he isn't able to scramble for that long (and he won't be able to in the NFL) everyone will see how good of a passer he is.

Pressure will lead to frustration and frustration will lead to a meltdown. I don't see the guy being a highly respected guy in the locker room with a bunch of professionals.

Coach34
01-15-2014, 09:19 PM
I don't want him for his running ability. Sure he can manipulate the pocket as well as anyone and avoid sacks, but I want JFF because he is a football junkie and has instincts for reading defenses and finding the open guy.

I don't compare him to RG3 and Vick, because, while both those guys are very talented, I believe they both have average to below average instincts. JFF reads the field, understands defenses, and has a knack of knowing where to throw the football.

Then you are going to be severely disappointed because he is only 6 ft tall and that's not going to work. He has to scramble around and use his legs- it's what makes him better than other QB's- not the reads he makes

Coach 57
01-15-2014, 09:33 PM
I draft neither if I'm the Texans. But if I HAD to take a QB...I'd take the kid from UCF above both of them. Here's why.

Manziel does a better job reading coverages than Teddy. But the same reason RG3 & Vick can't finish a season is the same reason Manziel won't either. They have similar builds & body types. And when you get hit by an NFL DL you need the (Dilfer's term not mine but it's the best analogy) puddin'. Cam has made it because of his physical prowess and no one displays this than the guy my favorite pro team drafted AHEAD of RG3, Andrew Luck. Regardless the game is played in the NFL from the pocket. And when you face pressure outside or inside the pocket and KNOW you are about to get nailed...if you are some streamlined scrawny kid you won't last long. I assure you! A lot of guys have assume the running QBs (Vick/RG3) isn't because they run. It's because they are too scrawny! Guys like Cam & Kap run but have made it through consecutive seasons because they add weight & worry LESS about speed & still CAN play from the pocket. Manziel will be a better passer than RG3 but he is still too scrawny. Manziel is 6'1 209lbs, RG3 is 6'2 223lbs, Vick is 6'0 & about 216lbs. Then you take Luck, he's built like Tebow & I won't even mention how big Cam & Kap are. These things ACTUALLY make a big difference! If I'm spending the #1 overall pick for you....you MUST be able to be on the field! Manziel thinks taking hits from Bama roughed him up? Lol!

Bridgewatter, there's something about this kid that just seems......off. I think he's tremendously overrated and think he is a product of his system in Louisville. I do think he has more control of his passes than Manziel and takes less risks in coverage if the throw JUST isn't there. But time will tell for both if these kids.

But the best QB in the draft is the UCF kid.

esplanade91
01-15-2014, 09:50 PM
I take Manziel for the reason Jacksonville should have found a way to get Tim Tebow.

If not that, I trade the #1 pick to anyone willing to give me a boat load of picks, ala Washington Redskins 2 years ago.

Manziel isn't going to run in the NFL. The whole option thing was a fad that ended in 2013. Kaep and RGIII both got swallowed up this year. Just like Manziel did in his second year.

Realistically he runs the same exact offense Wilson runs. Wilson doesn't run the ball unless he has to, and 9 out of 10 times it's lateral rather than downhill because he's trying to throw it to someone much bigger and faster than him. He's the new Favre, except where he's even better escaping the pocket, he doesn't have the same arm strength. I draft him for the ticket sales though. Colts are winning the division every year until Luck retires.

Senior Bowl and passing drills at the combine will be very telling. Whoever the coach is in the bowl isn't going to call any kind of run play. He'll have to show off his arm to get the first pick.

Will James
01-15-2014, 09:56 PM
I draft him for the ticket sales though.

Texans home attendance 100.9% capacity.

Dawg61
01-15-2014, 10:13 PM
Texans home attendance 100.9% capacity.

Exactly why I take Manziel. That and they will cut into the Cowboy pull in Texas and sell merchandise out the ass next year. The money he will bring them in the first year will be more than the last 3 years combined. How do you pass that up? You don't unless it's a no doubt can't miss prospect like Andrew Luck and those don't come around often. All these QBs are a crapshoot. What isn't is that Manziel will bring truckloads of cash.

Coach34
01-15-2014, 10:27 PM
The Texans already sellout- they dont need Manziel for tickets sales

Dawg61
01-15-2014, 10:33 PM
Ok will their merchandise sales go up?

Hotdawg66
01-15-2014, 10:37 PM
JFF is not the guy I want as the face of my franchise if I am the owner or GM. Too immature. I also say he will get hammered and his body will not hold up.

esplanade91
01-15-2014, 11:28 PM
They lost the last 12 games on their schedule. If you think a lot of folks will consider not renewing their season tickets because of that meltdown, you're wrong. Especially if they don't make a move at QB. Their fans were hanging banners on the freeway between Schaub's home and the stadium telling him he sucked.

Then there's the whole merchandise aspect. And the exposure. If you would have told me that the Redskins would be as popular as they are now nationally the year before they got RGIII I would have told you that you are crazy.

Like him or not or thank he'll be a bust or not, look at what Tebow did in jersey sales alone. The lowly Jets' summer workouts were the talk of ESPN.

Johnson85
01-16-2014, 09:24 AM

I'm not burning a top 10 draft pick on a guy because I hope he can totally transform his game to be good in the NFL. I think JFF's ceiling is lower than Michael Vick's. It's still exciting and pretty damn good, but it's not going to get you wins in the playoffs and I'd much rather have a Clowney with that pick and take a flyer on a qb later.

Political Hack
01-16-2014, 09:31 AM
Bridgewater fits the NFL game better IMO, but JFF's upside is higher if he works out.

JFF = higher upside and more jersey sales. Could be an instant impact. Boom or bust choice IMO.
Bridgewater = solid guy with the tools to work with. Will take time. Safer choice IMO.

RougeDawg
01-16-2014, 09:31 AM
I never really understood the Bridgwater hype. Yes he's good, but he's been anointed the best QB in this draft for well over a year now, even though I'd take a handful of QB's over him. JFF, McCarron, Murray, and Mett all are better QBs that have fever more consistent difficult competition than TB. I'm sure other conferences have similar QB's.

So JFF easily, especially if the Texans Are making the decision between the two.

Political Hack
01-16-2014, 09:32 AM
Clowney could be the best pick though. I don't really like any of the QBs in this class enough for a #1. I think Bortles may be the best of the group in 3 years.

HereComesTheSpiral
01-16-2014, 09:38 AM
Clowney could be the best pick though. I don't really like any of the QBs in this class enough for a #1. I think Bortles may be the best of the group in 3 years.

Clowney or Matthews from A&M. Analysts say that first round is best available and I take one of those two before a qb. Hell, JFF could be sitting there in a much later round if he has a terrible combine. Youre the first pick of the draft for a reason, and teams that pick that high are seldomly a qb away from the playoffs.