PDA

View Full Version : Who I believe we should target for the OC job just watch this

NeshobaChuck
01-15-2014, 12:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlkQ-Uu_Ysc

offense scores a lot of points and puts up a lot of yards a game every year

Dawg61
01-15-2014, 02:34 PM
We all know about EMCC. Did you notice every single offensive highlight was a pass? Dan isn't going to change his offense for anybody. I would like the HC and OC from EMCC on staff mainly for the advantage it would give us at recruiting at EMCC and the other jucos in MS but the last thing we need is two guys trying to change Dan's system. It's Dan's show. If they understand that then maybe they could help but those two will be getting a HC position offered to them soon and I'd imagine they will go together to wherever that is.

engie
01-15-2014, 02:43 PM
We all know about EMCC. Did you notice every single offensive highlight was a pass?

Bad example is bad. Cumulative stats from this year.

EMCC pass attempts - 456
EMCC rush attempts - 467

EMCC pass yards - 4280
EMCC rush yards - 3047

EMCC pass TD - 47
EMCC rush TD - 45

That's about as balanced as you can get...

ckDOG
01-15-2014, 02:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlkQ-Uu_Ysc

offense scores a lot of points and puts up a lot of yards a game every year

I hope we target a special teams coach, Mullen focuses on offense now that he has his QB, and we give Collins a fat raise.

deltadawg99
01-15-2014, 02:53 PM
So Rosebowl indicated that a leading candidate is somebody that was at Utah when Urban and the boys were there. If that is the case I'm thinking maybe Brian Johnson. He is currently the QB/OC at Utah and started at QB after Alex Smith left. I don't know anything about him, just trying to connect the dots.

Dawg61
01-15-2014, 03:01 PM
Didn't look up their stats just went off the highlight video. If we go after this guy I say bring him and the HC together.

Dawg61
01-15-2014, 03:04 PM
Sounds like Brett Elliot to me. He's already a GA here. Was the QB at Utah before Alex Smith.

quickstrike2
01-15-2014, 03:05 PM
So Rosebowl indicated that a leading candidate is somebody that was at Utah when Urban and the boys were there. If that is the case I'm thinking maybe Brian Johnson. He is currently the QB/OC at Utah and started at QB after Alex Smith left. I don't know anything about him, just trying to connect the dots.

Brett Elliot was a guy somebody mentioned in another thread. Was the QB at Utah before Alex and got bench for Alex. He is currently a GA at State. Wouldn't think he would go from GA to OC, but he might be given a position coach and Dan basically be the OC or something.

engie
01-15-2014, 03:09 PM
Brian Johnson has been a name out there quite a bit...

Problem is, he's never recruited the south -- though he is from Texas. Still, he doesn't turn 27 until February. Could be a good hire -- but I'm really scared of going quite that young right now...

Todd4State
01-15-2014, 03:10 PM
If it were me, I'd go after Will Hall, although he just took a new HC job at West Georgia.

mic
01-15-2014, 05:35 PM
We already have an OC. Its CDM. If it is Brain Johnson he will be Qb coach and Co/OC with CDM. Prob would make gonzo WR/Assoc head coach.
If we stay in house and CDM thinks Brett Elliot can help Dak and the spread QB's we have now and can recruit well (Brett was a pro style QB) he will get QB job and Gonzo will be WR/ Co/OC.
That's my feeling.

Coach34
01-15-2014, 05:39 PM
Exactly Mic- Mullen is the OC. All we are doing is looking for someone to coach QB's and croot

mic
01-15-2014, 05:47 PM
And IMO again I would see no problem with Brett Elliot getting the gig. Dak, Williams and the 2 frosh need more polishing in the passing dept. . May be great to have a Pro style coach working with them on footwork, pocket awareness, reads, ect...
Dak would be scary good if he improves his passing skills..

TexasDawg
01-15-2014, 05:48 PM
Exactly Mic- Mullen is the OC. All we are doing is looking for someone to coach QB's and croot

Exactly. All we need is someone who shares the same offensive philosophy as Mullen and won't get in his way of what he is trying to accomplish. Recruiting is the main thing here.

NeshobaChuck
01-15-2014, 05:52 PM
well if mullen is gonna be OC and we are hiring QB coach/Recruiter why not go after Brett Farve?

mic
01-15-2014, 05:53 PM
well if mullen is gonna be OC and we are hiring QB coach/Recruiter why not go after Brett Farve?

I don't see Brett hitting the roads and recruiting 24/7..

preachermatt83
01-15-2014, 05:54 PM

BOOM!!

Dallas_Dawg
01-15-2014, 06:02 PM
Brian Johnson was the QB at Utah when they beat Bama in the Sugar Bowl. So at least he has experience kicking Saban's ass.

Todd4State
01-15-2014, 06:07 PM

1. We have no idea if Favre can recruit. You can say, "well who wouldn't want to play for Brett Favre?" But recruiting doesn't work like that. Kids want to go where they are wanted and made to feel like they are wanted. They don't want to go play for someone that has the attitude of "you should want to play for me." Especially since they can go out and hire a private QB coach which is becoming more and more common.

2. We have no idea how serious he would be at being a coach. I would be worried that he would be coaching as a hobby rather than as a job. He doesn't need the money.

Coach34
01-15-2014, 06:10 PM

Because Brett is not interested in working 70-80 hour work weeks, constantly texting and calling recruits, driving or flying around the South meeting with players and coaches, etc...

TexasDawg
01-15-2014, 06:12 PM
Hiring Brett Favre would either be a grand slam or a complete disaster.

Dawg61
01-15-2014, 06:15 PM
If I'm a QB recruit I am definitely considering playing for and being taught by Brett Favre. His teammates would run through brick walls for him and I'd imagine his QB pupils would build the brick wall just so they can run through it for him.

Coach34
01-15-2014, 06:17 PM
Brett likes coaching in HS around Hattiesburg because he doesnt have to teach or do anything- all he does is show up at lunch and get ready for practice. Then he goes home after practice and is done about 7pm.

It doesnt work that way for full-time coaches

Dawg61
01-15-2014, 06:17 PM
He doesn't have to work 80 hours a week. Give him two assistants to do his bitch work.

TexasDawg
01-15-2014, 06:20 PM
If he wouldn't work a full work week and we were to pawn off his work to his assistants then why not just give the job to somebody with college experience and would actually want to put the work in?

PendingTransaction
01-15-2014, 10:19 PM
We already have our OC on staff, Hevesy. Remember that I told you.