PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Les Keonning!

ShotgunDawg
01-15-2014, 12:45 PM
Today, much of the talk will be about who will replace Les Koenning and people fearing that FSU may be interested in Collins. However, I also think now is a great time to thank Les Koenning for what he has done for MSU over the past 5 years.

The extent of what Koenning did and his impact is highly debatable and something that has certainly been discussed on this board and many more. However, while acknowledging that, we also need to acknowledge that whether you think Koenning had a major impact or minor impact, he provided stability, character, and an even keel personality to an offense that has set most every offensive record in MSU history over the past 5 years.

Regardless of your personal opinion of his impact, Les Koenning should be remembered as one of the most successful coaches/coordinators in MSU history.

Good luck in the rest of your career Les, and thank you for your service. We may never fully appreciate your contributions, but we will remember that you were a part of something successful and positive for Mississippi State University.

MSUDawg4Life
01-15-2014, 12:49 PM
Agreed. Thank you Les Koenning and best of luck for the rest of your career.

CJDAWG85
01-15-2014, 12:52 PM
Thank you Les! Good luck!

maroonmania
01-15-2014, 12:53 PM
Yes, I believe we should thank Koenning and he should thank us. He did an overall good job at MSU and to be honest, MSU sort of revived Les' career in return. He didn't have a lot of other good opportunities when he was offered the job at MSU for OC and was sort of falling off the radar of college coaching. He wanted on at AL who didn't want to hire him and when we got him he was planning to coach at upstart USA. Of course we are all talking about this like its a done deal. Have there been any official announcements anywhere on this from MSU or Texas?

SDDawg
01-15-2014, 12:56 PM
Great post and 100% agree, thank you Coach Koenning and good luck at Texas!

blacklistedbully
01-15-2014, 01:22 PM
Yep, may have been a damn good QB coach, and seemed to be a good recruiter. When your HC is calling the shots as the defacto OC, then you really should want a guy who is a recruiter. Hope we can get a replacement who is as good or better at recruiting.

Thank you, Les.

Bullmutt
01-15-2014, 01:48 PM
Well said, SD. Couldn't agree more.

coastdoglover
01-15-2014, 02:04 PM
You are sadly mistaken about other options. He had been hired at South Alabama to head up the offense and help start the program under Joey Jones. We will miss him regardless of what some of he so-called experts think. Also, never forget, money talks and he will get a substantial raise.

Yes, I believe we should thank Koenning and he should thank us. He did an overall good job at MSU and to be honest, MSU sort of revived Les' career in return. He didn't have a lot of other good opportunities when he was offered the job at MSU for OC and was sort of falling off the radar of college coaching. He wanted on at AL who didn't want to hire him and when we got him he was planning to coach at upstart USA. Of course we are all talking about this like its a done deal. Have there been any official announcements anywhere on this from MSU or Texas?

maroonmania
01-15-2014, 02:11 PM
You are sadly mistaken about other options. He had been hired at South Alabama to head up the offense and help start the program under Joey Jones. We will miss him regardless of what some of he so-called experts think. Also, never forget, money talks and he will get a substantial raise.

Well all indications are he went to the USA startup because he was not getting other options he wanted at BCS level schools. If you think Koenning was in demand when we hired him then you are sadly mistaken.

Political Hack
01-15-2014, 02:55 PM
he was considered for the head coaching job at two Louisiana universities over the last five years. He was a damn good recruiter on the coast and it will have an impact on us down there. Luckily he's established a great connection down there again so CDM better find someone that will continue to build it. State wasn't the school the "cool kids" liked at the local high schools. Now it is. He was part of that transition.

BeastMan
01-15-2014, 02:57 PM
That's right. Les has done a lot of good and taken more criticism than he deserved. Good football coach

The Croom Diaries
01-15-2014, 03:04 PM
So you come up with this thread right after starting a thread to rip me for an analogy you don't agree with that suggested Les had importance to the program? Way to go out of your way to smear me.

ShotgunDawg
01-15-2014, 03:21 PM
So you come up with this thread right after starting a thread to rip me for an analogy you don't agree with that suggested Les had importance to the program? Way to go out of your way to smear me.

Yep, and I'll do it every time you go on a public twitter feed and freak out like the sky is falling when we lose a completely replaceable employee.

Thanking Koenning for his service is completely different than say his importance was equal to that of a 1st round pick.

The Croom Diaries
01-15-2014, 03:31 PM
Yep, and I'll do it every time you go on a public twitter feed and freak out like the sky is falling when we lose a completely replaceable employee.

Thanking Koenning for his service is completely different than say his importance was equal to that of a 1st round pick.

You sure are boss hog. I guess you can't call me out on twitter since you probably have about 4 followers so you have to come here. But go ahead and start a thread every time I say something you don't like if you think I'm that important.

coastdoglover
01-15-2014, 06:12 PM
Don't dare tell them the truth Hack, it will disturb their so-called intelligence about the program. Some of us suffered through the embarrassment and laziness of Freddie Kitchings and others. Les will be hard to replace.

he was considered for the head coaching job at two Louisiana universities over the last five years. He was a damn good recruiter on the coast and it will have an impact on us down there. Luckily he's established a great connection down there again so CDM better find someone that will continue to build it. State wasn't the school the "cool kids" liked at the local high schools. Now it is. He was part of that transition.

BulldogBear
01-15-2014, 06:21 PM
I was gonna give a nice comment but that all went south quickly lol

Jsndawg
01-15-2014, 11:40 PM
Good luck Les. Thanks for all you have done

Coach34
01-15-2014, 11:49 PM
Dawggeezer likes Koenning because Les reminds him of his son that visits him In the home