PDA

View Full Version : Collins...

TexasDawg
01-15-2014, 12:30 PM
Not sure why the other thread was locked, but for those of you who wanted a link here it is. Apparently Collins to FSU could be real. Lets hope we just show him the money

http://floridastate.247sports.com/Article/Noles247-puts-our-own-twist-on-the-typical-coaching-hot-board-171446

ShotgunDawg
01-15-2014, 12:32 PM
There is nothing real about a fan site speculating names.

TexasDawg
01-15-2014, 12:35 PM
That would be equivalent to saying Paul Jones holds no credibility

engie
01-15-2014, 12:39 PM
Paul wouldn't have any credibility on a topic if he was just speculating based on his own thoughts and nothing he had heard.

Zero comments about Collins in the discussion after the article. Hardly some uprising at FSU making him an imminent favorite.

ou don't think these threads you now keep starting are being sent to Gerri Green, Brandon Bryant, etc to try to plant the seed of doubt in their minds to get them to visit Ole Miss? Consider such things. I promise you -- the opposition is.

There's a big ass difference between saying "We've got to give him a big raise so he's here a long time" -- and saying "Well, FSU is interested and he's got ties and we may be in trouble..... I hope we pay him" which is essentially what you did. May have the same meaning to us -- but they won't have the same meaning to recruits.

Put simply: Think about the implications before you post. Especially during this month of the year.

DLGDawg
01-15-2014, 12:39 PM
Let's hope they hire within.

TrapGame
01-15-2014, 12:45 PM
Trust but Verify.

I was not trying to troll in my original thread. I ran with a well reputed poster from another MSU site. I should have done my homework because it came back to bite me.

I'm sure with the level of access several on here have we would have heard of something more solid about Collins and FSU. I'd like to think Mullen is going balls to the wall to keep him around.

ShotgunDawg
01-15-2014, 01:00 PM
One thing to keep in mind here:

FSU currently runs a 3/4 scheme and just won a NC. Does Jimbo really want to go to Collins' 4/3 and change the defense after winning a NC?

Not sure Collins is the best fit at FSU.

MabenMaroon
01-15-2014, 01:09 PM
Paul wouldn't have any credibility on a topic if he was just speculating based on his own thoughts and nothing he had heard.

Zero comments about Collins in the discussion after the article. Hardly some uprising at FSU making him an imminent favorite.

ou don't think these threads you now keep starting are being sent to Gerri Green, Brandon Bryant, etc to try to plant the seed of doubt in their minds to get them to visit Ole Miss? Consider such things. I promise you -- the opposition is.

There's a big ass difference between saying "We've got to give him a big raise so he's here a long time" -- and saying "Well, FSU is interested and he's got ties and we may be in trouble..... I hope we pay him" which is essentially what you did. May have the same meaning to us -- but they won't have the same meaning to recruits.

Put simply: Think about the implications before you post. Especially during this month of the year.

Great post! I would also add that folks who post need to also consider that the athletes, both those already on campus and those being recruited, they also see and read what is being said. Need to be careful when you cast your opinion about their skills, background, scholastic ability, etc. and comparing them to others who are already on campus or are being recruited.

nashLA
01-15-2014, 01:38 PM
Zero comments about Collins in the discussion after the article.

Check again.

FlabLoser
01-15-2014, 01:40 PM
Let's don't propagate unlikely rumors that hurt MSU.