PDA

View Full Version : New fouls rule in CBB is ruining the game

Dawg61
01-14-2014, 11:09 PM
who/whom are the dumbasses that changed the rules? I'm watching UK/Ark and there's over 45 fouls called with 7 minutes left. This is ****ing awful to watch. Just now another foul. 46+

breazy
01-14-2014, 11:15 PM
basketball in general has alot of wierd foul rules imo....As far as I'm aware, It's the only sport where you as an offensive person can jump into the defender and the defender get called for a foul. It makes zero sense to me.

messageboardsuperhero
01-14-2014, 11:20 PM
I hate the hand-check bullshit.

If they keep it like this, they at least need to push the foul limit to six- it's way too easy to foul out right now.

HoopsDawg
01-14-2014, 11:32 PM
Need to cut timeouts from 5 per half to 3. This game is 2.5 hours long with no flow.

Dawg61
01-14-2014, 11:52 PM
Wow what a finish!! Monster putback dunk by the Piggies to win.

TopDog58
01-15-2014, 12:14 AM
Need to cut timeouts from 5 per half to 3. This game is 2.5 hours long with no flow.

Agreed. Or at least institute some kind of rule that sets a max on combined media and team timeouts. There's nothing worse than those times when there's no stoppage of time for several minutes, team calls a TO, a few seconds tick off then you have a media timeout followed by yet another media timeout.

FlabLoser
01-15-2014, 07:29 AM
basketball in general has alot of wierd foul rules imo....As far as I'm aware, It's the only sport where you as an offensive person can jump into the defender and the defender get called for a foul. It makes zero sense to me.

Agree and that is why I'm not much of a basketball fan.

What are the new rules?

CJDAWG85
01-15-2014, 09:29 AM
They are told to call hand checks now. Refs are too whistle happy.

TheRef
01-15-2014, 09:35 AM
They are told to call hand checks now. Refs are too whistle happy.

Technically, hand checks have always been a foul. This year they put an added emphasis on hand checks. Another new twist is the block/charge rule. Now it is only a charge if the defensive player is set before "upward motion is started." This puts the offensive player at a major advantage, a la Chicken. This new rule is actually helping out MSU's smaller lineup in the case that they can drive the lane, pull up quickly, draw the foul. Now we just need to finish it by hitting FTs and we will be golden.

FlabLoser
01-15-2014, 09:38 AM
Yeah from what I'm reading there are no new rules. They're just going back to not ignoring rules that came to be ignored in the modern era. I say good. Basketball isn't a contact sport.

Not sure how I feel about the charge/block calls. I just know it used to be ridiculous when they'd call a charge where the defender barely has his toes planted and is going to fall over even if there isn't contact.