PDA

View Full Version : So the Bears are gonna ask 4 croots to Greyshirt. Wonder if the croots know?

EAVdog
01-14-2014, 08:30 PM
And I wonder which 4? Would be fun to speculate...

I've got to give them credit they just keep trying to flip other teams croots. They still think they have a shot with Bo Scarborough. They've recently lost out on a number of targets. Still have a good class but they could have some defections. Seems like the magic is wearing off (or money running out).

Next year they'll be back in line with expectations and after another mediocre season/class Freeze will be on the Rebel Hotseat.

msstate7
01-14-2014, 08:35 PM
Next year they'll be back in line with expectations and after another mediocre season/class Freeze will be on the Rebel Hotseat.

I really think if we go into oxford next year and win with all the dak hype and the '15 recruiting class shaping up to be very good that we could end freeze's stay in oxford.

Coach34
01-14-2014, 08:39 PM
Where did you get the 4 greyshirt info?

EAVdog
01-14-2014, 08:41 PM
The Shark Tank (OM 247)

Schultzy
01-14-2014, 08:54 PM
Well, in the current recruiting climate, that's four schools ole miss can never recruit from again.

EAVdog
01-14-2014, 09:24 PM
Also per LSU's 247 site Speaks is headed to Baton Rouge. It looks as thought Rod Taylor was trying to invite himself along. LSU had not been in contact with Taylor even though Taylor has told folks he was going. Looks like he was trying to tag along to keep Speaks from straying. The fact that Speaks is still going without Taylor means there is real interest there.

Also a couple of Reb croots who were scheduled to take some officials all of a sudden have changed their minds. Wonder what happened.

Drugdog
01-14-2014, 09:35 PM
As John Cougar Mellencamp says: and the walls keep tumbling down, and the walls keep tumbling down.

HancockCountyDog
01-14-2014, 09:37 PM
Also per LSU's 247 site Speaks is headed to Baton Rouge. It looks as thought Rod Taylor was trying to invite himself along. LSU had not been in contact with Taylor even though Taylor has told folks he was going. Looks like he was trying to tag along to keep Speaks from straying. The fact that Speaks is still going without Taylor means there is real interest there.

Also a couple of Reb croots who were scheduled to take some officials all of a sudden have changed their minds. Wonder what happened.

So they are predicting Speaks to commit to LSU? That is solid news.

I can guess two of the greyshirts are the K from Memphis and probably the Putnam kid who tore his ACL. If the kids are ok with it, then they won't catch any heat - they need to offer a greyshirt to the wrong kid and that shit will hit the fan.

Which croots are you hearing aren't visiting Oxford?

dawgclub99
01-14-2014, 09:43 PM
I think they are predicting that he is visiting Baton Rouge. The Bears are still saying he sticks, but I am still being told he wont. I guess only time will tell.

Coach34
01-14-2014, 09:47 PM
Have to see what LSU offers him

EAVdog
01-14-2014, 09:49 PM
There is talk from the UGA camp that Kendarius Webster is trying to get an offer from them. He's a 4* from GA committed to the Bears.

I really think they had a few recruits set up some more visits to get some heat by their name with the re-rankings coming out. They had a few that had schedule multiple visits and all have as of this afternoon changed their minds.

Brandon Bryant (MSU commit) isn't planning on going to Oxford anymore. Honestly I don't think any of our commits will at this point. Perhaps Sean Rawlings, they are making a real push right now. They still haven't offered but my guess is they will they just don't want it to look like they are going to plan B. Hopefully he sticks with us.

HancockCountyDog
01-14-2014, 10:04 PM
There is talk from the UGA camp that Kendarius Webster is trying to get an offer from them. He's a 4* from GA committed to the Bears.

I really think they had a few recruits set up some more visits to get some heat by their name with the re-rankings coming out. They had a few that had schedule multiple visits and all have as of this afternoon changed their minds.

Brandon Bryant (MSU commit) isn't planning on going to Oxford anymore. Honestly I don't think any of our commits will at this point. Perhaps Sean Rawlings, they are making a real push right now. They still haven't offered but my guess is they will they just don't want it to look like they are going to plan B. Hopefully he sticks with us.

Webster and UGA will be interesting. If they give him a firm offer he is gone. FSU was all over him for a while - I would rather he not end up in oxford.

I know they are in on a few of the Vandy commits, the Sawyers' kid is the real deal and UT is all over him as well. We need UT to get him for multiple reasons - it will help us with Cory Thomas.

Todd4State
01-14-2014, 10:08 PM
So they are predicting Speaks to commit to LSU? That is solid news.

I can guess two of the greyshirts are the K from Memphis and probably the Putnam kid who tore his ACL. If the kids are ok with it, then they won't catch any heat - they need to offer a greyshirt to the wrong kid and that shit will hit the fan.

Which croots are you hearing aren't visiting Oxford?

I'll go with those two and then add Dayall Harris from Callaway and Charles Standberry from Montgomery. Standberry is taking an OV to La Tech, which tells me something's probably up.

hailmari
01-14-2014, 10:12 PM
Webster was high on us early on.. But once he got that 4* bump, UM was on top.

justwin
01-14-2014, 11:06 PM
All I know is that if I'm an 18 year old kid & OM offers me a chance for an official visit despite a grey shirt, I jump all over the chance to go party up there for a recruiting weekend. Not saying I'd sign or show up in the fall, but dam sure would show up for that January party. Think about it...we're talking high-class hookers and call girls, your parents being distracted by cash & gifts, the best drugs, the most crisp $100 bills, the best drugs, everyone knows your name, called upstage, etc. Are you kidding me? How could you not pass that up. That school prides itself on one thing....the party and the January weekends are Oxford's version of Mardi Gras. The best part is the ENTIRE organization from coaches, adminstrators, fans, students, bar owners, preachers, etc are in on it....all led by the Lafayette county's best angler, the GRAND MASTER Freezus.

what happens in Oxford....stays in Oxford. What else do they have?

And I wonder which 4? Would be fun to speculate...

I've got to give them credit they just keep trying to flip other teams croots. They still think they have a shot with Bo Scarborough. They've recently lost out on a number of targets. Still have a good class but they could have some defections. Seems like the magic is wearing off (or money running out).

Todd4State
01-14-2014, 11:18 PM
All I know is that if I'm an 18 year old kid & OM offers me a chance for an official visit despite a grey shirt, I jump all over the chance to go party up there for a recruiting weekend. Not saying I'd sign or show up in the fall, but dam sure would show up for that January party. Think about it...we're talking high-class hookers and call girls, your parents being distracted by cash & gifts, the best drugs, the most crisp $100 bills, the best drugs, everyone knows your name, called upstage, etc. Are you kidding me? How could you not pass that up. That school prides itself on one thing....the party and the January weekends are Oxford's version of Mardi Gras. The best part is the ENTIRE organization from coaches, adminstrators, fans, students, bar owners, preachers, etc are in on it....all led by the Lafayette county's best angler, the GRAND MASTER Freezus.

what happens in Oxford....stays in Oxford. What else do they have?

If I was a big time football recruit and my parents knew that was what was going on there is no way in hell that they would have let me go on that official visit.

AlSwearengen
01-15-2014, 09:10 AM
If I was a big time football recruit and my parents knew that was what was going on there is no way in hell that they would have let me go on that official visit.

Your parents aren't named Cecil Newton, Anthony Alford, etc., etc.

Jacksondevildog
01-15-2014, 09:24 AM
If you are a parent that partied in Oxford and did drugs, you probably don't give a shit if your football recruit is doing the same. It's the Ole miss culture.

justwin
01-15-2014, 10:30 AM
That's why you & me, et al went to MSU. Not everyone though