PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Stallworth on MSU...

engie
01-14-2014, 02:23 PM
http://www.goupstate.com/article/20140112/PSPORTS02/140119932/-1/PSPORTS

It would be a pretty big coup if we could get him and Cory -- 2 of the 3 head and shoulders best DL performances in the MS/ALA all-star game....

HancockCountyDog
01-14-2014, 02:27 PM
http://www.goupstate.com/article/20140112/PSPORTS02/140119932/-1/PSPORTS

It would be a pretty big coup if we could get him and Cory -- 2 of the 3 head and shoulders best DL performances in the MS/ALA all-star game....

Apparently UT is going hard after Michael Sawyers a Top 250 player, a DT from Nashville. If they get him, I can't imagine they are able to keep Thomas.

EAVdog
01-14-2014, 02:29 PM
We have a very good shot with Cory, Paul thinks we land him. We have a shot with Stallworth. However I'm still not sure why Cory committed to Tennessee. Hopefully it's a flipmas for us regardless.

deltadawg99
01-14-2014, 02:40 PM
If we can get Stallworth on campus I think we'll get him. It makes me nervous that he is visiting South Carolina the week before us.

Bothrops
01-14-2014, 02:48 PM
We have got to be a more attractive offer than Tenn for Cory.

HancockCountyDog
01-14-2014, 02:51 PM
We have got to be a more attractive offer than Tenn for Cory.

Define 'Offer' :

quickstrike2
01-14-2014, 03:04 PM
Hopefully we get Thomas, i don't see us flipping Stallworth.

engie
01-14-2014, 03:13 PM
i don't see us flipping Stallworth.

Why?

Do you understand how attractive our situation at DT is right now? Especially with Quay and James both in wait-and-see mode at best...

We will lose 3 of our 5 biggest contributors at the spot after next season. We're looking at Chris Jones, Nelson Adams, and Jordan Washington being all we've got guaranteed to be coming back. These two guys' have the opportunity to fill a starter spot for us by rsFR or trSO years.

smootness
01-14-2014, 03:18 PM
I don't think it's likely we flip Stallworth. If our visit was before SC, I would like our chances better, but there's always a chance a long-time commit shuts it down after visiting the school he's committed to without ever getting to State.

If he comes on his visit, then I think it'll be about 50/50. Certainly, if we could land 2 out of the group of Thomas, Stallworth, and Trey Carter, it would go a long way toward making this a really solid class regardless of what the rankings say.

engie
01-14-2014, 03:23 PM
The last visit is always the one you want to have... assuming he makes it, which I have no reason to think he won't.

smootness
01-14-2014, 03:28 PM
The last visit is always the one you want to have... assuming he makes it, which I have no reason to think he won't.

This is the part I'm talking about. He very well may make it, but we'll just have to see. You do want the last one assuming he gets there. I'm just saying that we ourselves have had a lot of commits in the past who talked about taking other visits but shut it down once they took the visit to State and never made the others. That chance always exists.

If he visits SC and still comes to State after that, there's no doubt we're in it in a big way.

ShotgunDawg
01-14-2014, 03:54 PM
By the way, a guy on 247 is reporting that Quay is in school and was in his class cutting up this morning. Good news!

RougeDawg
01-14-2014, 04:15 PM
Define 'Offer' :

I think he means the best chance to Win early and consistently. TN has been down a while and has wasted a ton of talent the last few years.

CadaverDawg
01-14-2014, 04:17 PM
By the way, a guy on 247 is reporting that Quay is in school and was in his class cutting up this morning. Good news!

If that big bastard would wake up, we would have the best D-Line in the country the next 2 years. Might have it even without him.

HancockCountyDog
01-14-2014, 04:39 PM
I think he means the best chance to Win early and consistently. TN has been down a while and has wasted a ton of talent the last few years.

Yeah but Thomas' recruitment has been weird from the beginning, I'm not sure he is in control.

maroonmania
01-14-2014, 04:42 PM
I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way but I'm just going to say it and because its exactly how I felt when Thomas first committed to TN. I believe that if Cory Thomas did what Cory Thomas wanted to do he WOULD commit and sign with MSU. I believe the issue is that there is someone or multiple someones in the Thomas camp that want him at TN for whatever "fill in the blank" reason. That is why I don't hold out a ton of hope we can get him but hopeful anyway. I really don't think we put an early offer out there for Stallworth which hurt us with him but I certainly would like to get him as well. In the AL/MS all-star game he looked even better than Thomas.

Barking 13
01-14-2014, 04:44 PM
I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way but I'm just going to say it and because its exactly how I felt when Thomas first committed to TN. I believe that if Cory Thomas did what Cory Thomas wanted to do he WOULD commit and sign with MSU. I believe the issue is that there is someone or multiple someones in the Thomas camp that want him at TN for whatever "fill in the blank" reason. That is why I don't hold out a ton of hope we can get him but hopeful anyway. I really don't think we put an early offer out there for Stallworth which hurt us with him but I certainly would like to get him as well. In the AL/MS all-star game he looked even better than Thomas.

probably a Devinner type...

hells bells
01-15-2014, 06:22 AM
Why?

Do you understand how attractive our situation at DT is right now? Especially with Quay and James both in wait-and-see mode at best...

We will lose 3 of our 5 biggest contributors at the spot after next season. We're looking at Chris Jones, Nelson Adams, and Jordan Washington being all we've got guaranteed to be coming back. These two guys' have the opportunity to fill a starter spot for us by rsFR or trSO years.

My understanding is Quay is done.