01-14-2014, 02:03 PM
Not Collins.

spiritual_machine2005
01-14-2014, 02:05 PM
Collins to FSU??

I kid, I kid.

Sacrifice
01-14-2014, 02:10 PM
Great hire for Georgia...I wonder if this will have any effect on marlon Humphrey's since Pruitt was the one recruiting him to FSU.

Op4isabitch
01-14-2014, 02:13 PM
Hope this link works:

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/bulldogs-expected-to-hire-fsus-jeremy-pruitt-as-de/ncnYY/

ShotgunDawg
01-14-2014, 02:14 PM
Collins to FSU??

I kid, I kid.

I really have no idea how much money FSU has, but without them getting the SEC money, I would think we would have a better chance of financially competing with FSU than Georgia.

Problem is, Pruitt was a first year DC, so Jimbo won't be afraid to hire another young DC. Plus, Jimbo has all the job security in the world to do whatever he wants.

CadaverDawg
01-14-2014, 02:18 PM
Actually, Jimbo REALLY likes Geoff Collins from what I hear. Now, I'm not sure how high on the list he would be....but word is Jimbo likes him. Take that for what it's worth.

Let's just put it this way, an opening at FSU scares me much more than an opening at UGA. Hopefully since we didn't turn it on defensively til late in the year, Collins will be overlooked.

HancockCountyDog
01-14-2014, 02:30 PM
Actually, Jimbo REALLY likes Geoff Collins from what I hear. Now, I'm not sure how high on the list he would be....but word is Jimbo likes him. Take that for what it's worth.

Let's just put it this way, an opening at FSU scares me much more than an opening at UGA. Hopefully since we didn't turn it on defensively til late in the year, Collins will be overlooked.

UGA's roster couldn't really match up with our roster. FSU's roster is a different story. It doensn't matter though, Collins isn't going anywhere.

engie
01-14-2014, 02:31 PM
I don't know why people say we didn't turn it on until late... We were very good all season outside of LSU's receivers and Mettenberger carving us up, a couple of big busted/fluke plays at Auburn, and Manziel being Manziel...

We were pretty good in the OK State game defensively, go look at Tre Mason's stat line against us, shut down Troy in a way that has almost never happened to them before, etc...

FSU has to be a hugely attractive job right now -- given the young talent they've amassed and the fact that they can reload as few others can. They can almost name their coordinator at this point -- and hopefully they take someone "more proven" than Collins...

Sacrifice
01-14-2014, 02:33 PM
Pruitt was making around 540 a year at FSU. That's a little less than the OM DC.

CadaverDawg
01-14-2014, 02:34 PM
I don't know why people say we didn't turn it on until late... We were very good all season outside of LSU's receivers and Mettenberger carving us up, a couple of big busted/fluke plays at Auburn, and Manziel being Manziel...

We were pretty good in the OK State game defensively, go look at Tre Mason's stat line against us, shut down Troy in a way that has almost never happened to them before, etc...

FSU has to be a hugely attractive job right now -- given the young talent they've amassed and the fact that they can reload as few others can. They can almost name their coordinator at this point -- and hopefully they take someone "more proven" than Collins...

I agree.

And I was talking about more of a media discussed late season improvement. I thought the D played pretty good most of the year, but our D didn't start getting media hype that could be seen in Tallahassee until Bama really. Not to say that a hire would be based on media hype, but you probably see what I mean