PDA

View Full Version : Ed Aschoff giving football team some props

starkvegasdawg
01-14-2014, 11:57 AM
Dan Mullen (Starkvegas)

Do we have a breakout year next year? Solid group of starters returning; LSU, Bama, and A&M breaking in new QB's; and Dak Prescott is getting to be pretty good. What do you think?

Edward Aschoff (12:42 PM)

It's possible. I've seen a lot of "dark horse" talk with the Bulldogs. They certainly could make a run next year with so many questions in the West. The defense made good strides during the second half of the season and I think Prescott could be special. Can the Bulldogs make an Auburn-type run? I don't know but I wouldn't rule this team out of the race. Not with the talent coming back on both sides and the coaching job Mullen ... I mean you ... did in the last three games.

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
01-14-2014, 12:21 PM
Somebody should tweet the link to Stevens (if you're not blocked). He used a vague statement from Aschoff to verify his point about Dak not being a dark horse Heisman candidate.

justwin
01-14-2014, 02:46 PM
Aschoff is the worst of all the tsun media cronies. He literally wrote a daily tsun fluff piece at nauseum for 6 months...used "blowout" repeatedly on a game that we led @ the half. He is the worst.

Dan Mullen (Starkvegas)

Do we have a breakout year next year? Solid group of starters returning; LSU, Bama, and A&M breaking in new QB's; and Dak Prescott is getting to be pretty good. What do you think?

Edward Aschoff (12:42 PM)

It's possible. I've seen a lot of "dark horse" talk with the Bulldogs. They certainly could make a run next year with so many questions in the West. The defense made good strides during the second half of the season and I think Prescott could be special. Can the Bulldogs make an Auburn-type run? I don't know but I wouldn't rule this team out of the race. Not with the talent coming back on both sides and the coaching job Mullen ... I mean you ... did in the last three games.

starkvegasdawg
01-14-2014, 02:55 PM
Aschoff is the worst of all the tsun media cronies. He literally wrote a daily tsun fluff piece at nauseum for 6 months...used "blowout" repeatedly on a game that we led @ the half. He is the worst.

That's what surprised me when I saw what he had written.

sleepy dawg
01-14-2014, 03:34 PM
First of all, all the media likes the bear blacks. They're cool and hip and douchebags, and that's what people like. That said, Eds most recent article, I think, is pretty fairly written, and it's comparing the upcoming seasons of MSU and Ole Racists. Is it perfect? No, but it's not incredibly off base for someone who probably doesn't really give a crap about either school:
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/78211/rebels-bulldogs-with-tough-offseasons

dickiedawg
01-14-2014, 04:34 PM
First of all, all the media likes the bear blacks. They're cool and hip and douchebags, and that's what people like. That said, Eds most recent article, I think, is pretty fairly written, and it's comparing the upcoming seasons of MSU and Ole Racists. Is it perfect? No, but it's not incredibly off base for someone who probably doesn't really give a crap about either school:
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/78211/rebels-bulldogs-with-tough-offseasons

It just baffles me when mistakes like calling Dan the only coach to take us bowling three times slips through.

sleepy dawg
01-14-2014, 04:41 PM
It just baffles me when mistakes like calling Dan the only coach to take us bowling three times slips through.

Good point. I somehow missed that.

justwin
01-14-2014, 04:57 PM
Hear ya, but not like his Msu commentary was glowing. Hes still awful

That's what surprised me when I saw what he had written.

justwin
01-14-2014, 05:01 PM
Not a very good article. Not one mention of our egg bowl win w 3rd string qb. Read how he leads w negatives from awful season, ot win, etc. dude knows exactly what he's doing, dans record, and completely ignored the OT win over his alma mater & hometown to get us bowl eligible. Funny how he can't write an Msu article w/o involving tsun yet can write a series of tsun articles repeating the same tired message. It's his job to know *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough* record and he knows it.

sbcmortgageman
01-14-2014, 08:47 PM

I'm not saying I like him or dislike him, but he loves the bears because he's an OM alum.