PDA

View Full Version : slot position - 2015

FISHDAWG
01-14-2014, 11:11 AM
who plays the slot after Tubby's gone ? any other candidates other than Holloway ? Could Jesse Jackson transfer from WR to the slot ? ... asking because I haven't seen enough of Holloway to know what to expect ... whoever it will be will need to get some snaps there this season

thf24
01-14-2014, 11:18 AM
A Holloway who holds onto the ball consistently would be great, but we'll also have Donald Gray returning in 2015 who would fill the role nicely.

BeastMan
01-14-2014, 11:18 AM
Holloway and Gabe Myles. Plus in '15 we'll resign 4 star juco slot Donald Gray

ETA- Jamoral Graham is committed now and should he sign in Feb, he's a 4 star slot too

engie
01-14-2014, 11:26 AM
Jemoral Graham and Donald Gray

FISHDAWG
01-14-2014, 11:30 AM
thanks ... nice to know that position's covered

BeastMan
01-14-2014, 11:39 AM
I want to add that I think a lot of folks are sleeping on Gabe. Been quiete around his since he RS but we'll see him a lot this spring. I'm looking for his name to get mentioned a lot at slot.

Another note on Donald Gray. He rs in juco this year (due to a preseason ankle injury) and will have 3 years at MSU

thedawg
01-14-2014, 11:50 AM
I think it ends up being Gabe and Gray... Holloway needs to be full time returner situational offensive guy... Hes just so small his body cant keep up with much more of a role than that IMO

CadaverDawg
01-14-2014, 11:54 AM
Yea, Gabe is an athlete that will do everything it takes to make the transition to slot. Gray will be a stud

ShotgunDawg
01-14-2014, 11:59 AM
Graham, Gray, and Malik Dear. I don't think Mullen lets Dear get away and by all reports we currently lead.

There is also a really good long haired slot guy from Louisiana, last name Smith, that we currently lead for in the 15 class. 4 star kid

smootness
01-14-2014, 12:04 PM
2015 has the chance to be an extremely good year at the receiving spots for us:

WR:
De'Runnya Wilson - Jr
Joe Morrow - Sr
Fred Ross - Jr
Fred Brown - Jr
Shelby Christy - So
Jesse Jackson - Fr/So

TE:
Darrion Hutcherson? - Sr
Artimas Samuel - Jr
BJ Hammond - So
Rufus Warren - Sr
Gus Walley - So

Slot:
Donald Gray - So (JUCO)
Gabe Myles - So
Brandon Holloway - Jr
Jamoral Graham - Fr/So

That's potentially a really good group. It will hurt to lose Jameon Lewis and Malcolm Johnson, and Robert Johnson has been solid for us...but the guys we will have will be very talented; and we'll be very big on the outside and at TE and very quick in the slot.