PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fish Pickwick?

Pescador
01-14-2014, 03:10 AM
I'm thinking about heading up there this weekend. I know the cold caused a big shad kill, but I'm itching to catch some bass. Any insight?

Barking 13
01-14-2014, 08:21 AM
I don't know anything current, but I think it's kinda slow right now. Mercdog may be able to give a little insight, I think he was planning on going this weekend... They say Yellow Creek is littered with dead shad, but not so much on the main lake, to the dam...

Barking 13
01-14-2014, 08:23 AM
In about another month it should be close to the time to head up to Florence and get in on the Smallmouth spawn..

Martianlander
01-14-2014, 08:53 AM
Have a friend with a cabin up there. Don't think it's too great right now but you should be ok as far as the crowds. In the warm weather he won't fish it on week ends because there are so many people. Hope you have good luck.

Pescador
01-14-2014, 07:41 PM
Thanks guys. There ain't nothing like those brown fish, Barking.

Mercdawg
01-20-2014, 12:20 AM
Well, I just saw this. Sorry. I went a couple weeks ago when the shad started dying. Usually its tough for a few weeks after that. I managed a few on an Alabama rig but it should be getting close to being good again. My best times early in the year usually start in Feb. A-rigs and jerkbaits usually are good this time of year. I always have a drop-shot on deck also. I pretty much have a drop-shot on deck year round nowadays. From now thru Feb I'd be throwing an A-rig and a jerkbait on points in Yellow Creek looking for suspending bass that will be moving shallow soon. If you can catch it just right, you could have a BIG day. Lately from what I've gathered though, bite has been tough. Some guys only getting 8-10 bites but some quality fish in those 8-10. Hope that will help you some in the future.

Barking 13
01-20-2014, 01:03 PM
That's my boy... Bro, we need to hook up so I can ride in that Ally... on second thought, I think I might want to wait on a little warmer weather..lol

interangler
02-28-2014, 01:33 AM
Do not think its too great right now but you should be OK as far as the crowds. In the warm weather he wont fish it on week ends because there are so many people. However, wish you good luck for fish hunting (http://www.chicagobd.com/company/International-Angler-Fly-Fishing-Rods-Gear-Store-Reals-Online-Fly-Shop_18216176/)!