PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious Vandysports.com article bashing Franklin

TopDog58
01-13-2014, 04:20 PM
http://vanderbilt.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1596399

This article has some tasty, Ole Miss worthy homer viewpoints.

Franklin doesn't have a neck brace, but somehow he managed to find a way to leave a school he made into a national power as The Most Hated Man in Town.

Franklin should not be going out like this. He accomplished things at Vanderbilt that have changed the fabric of the program. He likely doubled the fan base, raised the bar in recruiting, and energized people as no VU coach has ever done.

That's like USM doubling their fan base from 10 to 20. And here is the gem...

It is at least a little sad at how fast this fire burned out. Franklin could have probably played for an SEC title very soon, and with a four school playoff, even a national title game wasn't out of reach.
But that's his choice, and he made it. Franklin is gone. Life moves on.

smootness
01-13-2014, 04:26 PM
I don't understand fans who get upset at a coach for taking a better job. Falcons fans were ticked at Petrino for leaving in the middle of the season; that's legitimate. But Franklin probably turned down some offers while at Vandy, spent several years there, and did great things for the program. Can't fault him, and they still obviously would take the last 3 years of Franklin over 3 years with another coach.

If we win 10 games next year and Mullen leaves for, say, Oklahoma, I'm not going to be angry with him. I'll be disappointed that we lost him and it'll be a bummer, but who could fault him?

ETA: All the anger does is hurt the fanbase anyway. It doesn't affect the former coach at all. Like the line that Franklin's 'vacation' to Florida to negotiate with Penn State was 'a bad move that has come back to bite him'...no it hasn't. He's the coach at PSU and couldn't care less about Vanderbilt fans now. Being angry with him for that only serves to make fans angry, it doesn't affect Franklin at all. Just accept that it happened, forget about James Franklin, and get behind the new hire.

sleepy dawg
01-13-2014, 05:05 PM
You usually want coaches leaving for better jobs... That means your team program is improving. Unless you're at the top, you're a stepping stone. You would much rather be a stepping stone than a place who is hiring Crooms and has beens.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
01-13-2014, 05:39 PM
If we win 10 games next year and Mullen leaves for, say, Oklahoma, I'm not going to be angry with him. I'll be disappointed that we lost him and it'll be a bummer, but who could fault him?

easy answer to your questions there - the same message board folks who wanted him fired 6 weeks ago

CJDAWG85
01-13-2014, 05:48 PM
Wow... that's OM level delusional. I think we have a shot at possibly winning the West next year, but we won't be the favorite and there's a reason for that. But Vandy has less of a shot at winning the SEC and a NC than we do. They had a great shot at winning the East this year and got junk punched by Mizzou at home in front of a capacity crowd of 6.

HancockCountyDog
01-13-2014, 06:28 PM
The guy won 24 games at Vanderbilt the last 3 years.

They are pissed off that its over. I would be crushed, I would be blaming everyone.

Its like being married to Jessica Alba and not only is she a smoke show, but she is also cool, smart, loves sports and loves sex and she is married to you. Well after three years of this kind of happiness, she decides to leave you. Im pretty sure I would be lashing out at everyone.

Bo Darville
01-13-2014, 07:16 PM
Its like being married to Jessica Alba and not only is she a smoke show, but she is also cool, smart, loves sports and loves sex and she is married to you. Well after three years of this kind of happiness, she decides to leave you. Im pretty sure I would be lashing out at everyone.

You lost me here. If Jessica Alba was having sex with me, there is no way she would want to leave. I'm The Bandit.