PDA

View Full Version : 2013 NFL All-Rookie Team

bulldogsmsu
01-13-2014, 02:42 PM
Not sure if anyone has posted ths yet or not.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/66159236/

Cornerback: Jonthan Banks, Buccaneers

When a defense starts a perennial All-Pro cornerback on one side of the formation and a rookie on the other side, you would expect opponents to target their No. 2 receivers over and over again in an effort to attack the new kid. Even if the coach, like Greg Schiano, does not believe in moving the All-Pro around the formation to match the opponent's top receiver, you would expect some kind of disparity as teams avoid the superstar and test the rookie.

Football Outsiders keeps track of how each opposing receiver does against each defense; it's an objective way to tell if opponents are purposely playing keepaway from Darrelle Revis or exploiting a specific weakness in the secondary. Entering Week 14, the Buccaneers were 11th in the NFL at shutting down No. 1 receivers but fifth in the league at stopping No. 2 receivers. In other words, Banks has more than held his own against opponents trying to navigate around Revis Island.

CadaverDawg
01-13-2014, 02:48 PM
Good find

MSUDawg4Life
01-13-2014, 02:54 PM
Banks has been holding his own. We're not surprised though. Knew he would.

smootness
01-13-2014, 03:05 PM
That's awesome. It would be great for us if guys like Cox and Banks can have long careers and really become big names.

Dawg61
01-13-2014, 04:04 PM
That's awesome. It would be great for us if guys like Cox and Banks can have long careers and really become big names.

KJ Wright, Boobie Dixon, Darius Slay, Kyle Love, David Stewart, Vic Ballard, Pernell McPhee, Cam Lawrence, Derek Sherrod as well. Who am I missing?

DawgInMemphis
01-13-2014, 04:10 PM
KJ Wright, Boobie Dixon, Darius Slay, Kyle Love, David Stewart, Vic Ballard, Pernell McPhee, Cam Lawrence, Derek Sherrod as well. Who am I missing?

Has Sherrod played? He had that awful leg injury...

Dawg61
01-13-2014, 04:13 PM
I'm just listing current MSU NFL players. Sherrod is injured but still on the Packers.

smootness
01-13-2014, 04:14 PM

No doubt. Obviously the more guys we put in the league, the better we can sell the program. I think Cox, Banks, and Wright all have the chance to be stud NFL players. Wright is already essentially there and is starting to get press, and Cox and Banks have both started to receive press as great young players. Hopefully this keeps up and we can add names like Gabe Jackson, Dak Prescott, De'Runnya Wilson, and Chris Jones in the future.

BrunswickDawg
01-13-2014, 04:19 PM
Josh Boyd

BrunswickDawg
01-13-2014, 04:20 PM

Josh Boyd

Dawg61
01-13-2014, 04:47 PM
Thanks, we should put a sticky up top or somewhere on this board listing all the current NFL/MLB/NBA players. It gets difficult to remember. Not the NBA part.

esplanade91
01-13-2014, 09:48 PM
They still believe in him enough to keep him on their IR. Could have easily cut ties last August when a doctor said be wouldn't play this season.

If he can't make the 53 man this year I don't expect to see him in a Packers jersey anymore.

He has the skill. I just worry about his conditioning being away from the game for so long.

Slay was breasting before his injury too.

Fred Garvin
01-13-2014, 10:07 PM
He played a little on place kicks towards the end of the year. Hopefully, he can at least be a backup next year.