PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Hill....Gone!!!!

Sacrifice
01-13-2014, 10:57 AM
Holy shit if we lose to them next season, I will lose all hope...

CadaverDawg
01-13-2014, 10:58 AM
LSU RB?

chef dixon
01-13-2014, 11:00 AM
I've learned not to get too excited about LSU losing a ton of players. It just doesn't really seem to matter.

Bothrops
Cool and I agree, I hope we play them as if to avoid death.

dawgclub99
We will not lose to LSU next year.

smootness
01-13-2014, 11:03 AM
I've learned not to get too excited about LSU losing a ton of players. It just doesn't really seem to matter.

This, we still need to have some perspective. For instance, while Hill was a great RB, there's a chance Fournette steps in and is better from day one.

MarketingBully01
01-13-2014, 11:08 AM
He was THE back for them last season. Excellent. Without him, it's a much closer game. Of course they lost Met and the two WR they had too . Should be a possible winnable game next year. We controlled all of their other backs but not him.

MarketingBully01
01-13-2014, 11:09 AM
He won't be better then Hill on day one and we get them in week 4 which means the true freshman won't have much time to develop.

smootness
01-13-2014, 11:14 AM
He won't be better then Hill on day one and we get them in week 4 which means the true freshman won't have much time to develop.

We'll see. Fournette's video is the best I've seen of a HS RB in quite a while. And RB is one position where a true freshman can come in and be a stud immediately.

All I'm saying is that we can look at who LSU had last year and won't have next year, but we don't really know yet who they have replacing those guys. If we had a 5-star, #1 overall RB coming in next year, or if we had a bunch of 4- and 5-star young guys ready to become starters next year, we'd be talking about how much talent we'd have and how good we could be. Well, that's where LSU is. It's where they always are.

So all I'm saying is it's way too early to count that as a W on the schedule. You didn't say that, so I'm not directing it at you specifically. I do think it could be a more winnable game than several in the past, mainly because I'm not sold on Anthony Jennings and it takes time to get chemistry between a new QB and new WRs.

But I'm not all that excited about Hill leaving; it's better than if they had him, but they'll still be very talented and very deep at RB.

ShotgunDawg
01-13-2014, 11:16 AM
This, we still need to have some perspective. For instance, while Hill was a great RB, there's a chance Fournette steps in and is better from day one.

We'll see if Fournette can pass block after 3 games into his college career after coming from a high school offense where he got the ball on every down.

Coach34
01-13-2014, 11:17 AM
there's a chance Fournette steps in and is better from day one.

No, just no. Fournette may be a great player- but it will take him a little while to be better than Hill.

smootness
01-13-2014, 11:18 AM
It didn't take Adrian Peterson a while. It didn't take Todd Gurley a while. That's all I'm saying. I think Fournette is every bit as good as Gurley, probably better. And his video makes him look a lot like Peterson coming out of HS.

Coach34
01-13-2014, 11:21 AM
LSU wont be as good at QB or WR next year. They will still be damn good at RB and on the OL. They will be very physical upfront. On defense, they have some DT questions to answer as well as LB. They wont be as good at SS or DT in '14, that's for sure on D.

starkvegasdawg
01-13-2014, 11:23 AM
But can he be arrested three times between now and next September? That's the true test of whether or not he will be an elite player at LSU.

Bothrops
01-13-2014, 11:26 AM
Does he look as good as TJ Yeldon did in hs? Yeldon was about the most dominant hs rb I've seen in the last twenty something years.

MarketingBully01
01-13-2014, 11:26 AM
I agree with Coach here. :)

Pollodawg
01-13-2014, 11:31 AM
Mullen needs to absolutely make this game his focus all off season. Sort of like what he did with AU in 2012.

Pollodawg
01-13-2014, 11:32 AM
There are two teams that we need to work double the reps for, and those two teams are LSU and TSUN.

Dawgfan1
01-13-2014, 11:34 AM
We'll see. Fournette's video is the best I've seen of a HS RB in quite a while. And RB is one position where a true freshman can come in and be a stud immediately.

All I'm saying is that we can look at who LSU had last year and won't have next year, but we don't really know yet who they have replacing those guys. If we had a 5-star, #1 overall RB coming in next year, or if we had a bunch of 4- and 5-star young guys ready to become starters next year, we'd be talking about how much talent we'd have and how good we could be. Well, that's where LSU is. It's where they always are.

So all I'm saying is it's way too early to count that as a W on the schedule. You didn't say that, so I'm not directing it at you specifically. I do think it could be a more winnable game than several in the past, mainly because I'm not sold on Anthony Jennings and it takes time to get chemistry between a new QB and new WRs.

But I'm not all that excited about Hill leaving; it's better than if they had him, but they'll still be very talented and very deep at RB.

Better than Dontae Walker?

Sacrifice
01-13-2014, 11:38 AM
If LSU wants to run the ball on our D that's fine with me, good luck with that. We're built to stop the run. They ripped us up through the air last season and I don't see that happening again.

quickstrike2
01-13-2014, 11:52 AM

Definitely agree. The way LSU can recruit, they will always have talent. They may be down a year here and there, but down is a 9 win season for them.

PMDawg2
01-13-2014, 12:23 PM
I have a friend who is a very non-homer LSU fan who can usually peg his team on the money...He expects them to win the West next year. The last time he said this two me was prior to 2011 season. I'm going to wait until I get my hopes up. On the surface, it would seem like a good year to beat them. But this will be a night game at Tiger Stadium more than likely.

CJDAWG85
01-13-2014, 12:36 PM
The real question is how are his bar fight skills? Especially the blind side right hook.

ShotgunDawg
01-13-2014, 12:52 PM
LSU loses another:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 18m
LSU G Trai Turner has declared for the NFL draft via a statement released by his agent, Peter Schaffer

Hypnodawg
01-13-2014, 02:03 PM
Odel Beckham Jr. and Landry are the reasons we lost to them. Those two are starters from day one on any NFL team. LSU will not recover fast enough to compensate next year.

Maroons
01-13-2014, 03:08 PM
Aren't they losing Collins as well? That's two NFL-caliber OL who should be gone.

Coach34
01-13-2014, 03:25 PM
So far- LSU has lost 6 starters on offense and 5 on defense. Not to mention they have lost a shitload of Jr's the last 2 years and will have very few Sr's