PDA

View Full Version : Next three basketball games

MarketingBully01
01-12-2014, 11:44 PM
We should have a chance to win 2 out of the next three games. Home against A&M and Auburn should give us a good chance on those. I don't think we can beat Bama at Bama but if we can continue to do things that we are good at (driving to the basket and draw fouls, Borchert and Thomas hit at least a couple of threes to keep them honest in the zone, and pressure them on defense to force some steals and turnovers) we should keep close against Bama.

A&M is not very good but still beat Tennessee on the road which puzzles me. Auburn is Auburn. They have two good players and that's about it. If we go 2-1 these next three games, that would put us at 3-2 and 14-6 overall. Not too shabby at all.

CJDAWG85
01-13-2014, 12:12 AM
A&M is 11-4 like us. That win at Tenn could be a big momentum game for them. They should beat SCar on Wednesday, which would put them 12-4 and 3-0 in the SEC. That game won't be a gimme.

I think we should beat Aub.

Bama will be tough on the road.

Dawg61
01-13-2014, 12:14 AM
aTm has a good PG in Caruso. They feed off of him and will be tougher than expected. I don't think Bama is very good but we seem to struggle when we play there. Tennessee can't shoot just like us. They are a team full of bad shooters except McRae. They have two huge Ogers down low in Maymon and Stokes but both are layup/dunk dependent for points. I haven't watched much of Auburn but they seem to be more competitive this year. I'm not sure why Ray didn't burn Daniels redshirt. I'd take his added depth for SEC play this year over having him for a full season 2 years from now but I guess it was Daniels choice. If we could add Daniels and Bear for the last 15-16 games we could have a shot at the NIT.

MarketingBully01
01-13-2014, 12:40 AM
Yeah, I still think we should beat A&M at our place and will split with them and lose to them on the road. They struggled very mightily against the SWAC teams on their schedule. Auburn is Auburn. Watched them against Missouri and basically they have two players that are even remotely good. They played Ole Miss close because of the lack of Henderson and that was the first game without him (except for one game at the start of the season). And another thing, what is wrong with Missouri? No way should they be 1-1. No way should they lose at home to Georgia and scrape out a win at Auburn. Didn't they lose their leading scorer for the SEC season? Thought I read that.

If we could add Bear by next Saturday, it would be huge. He averaged 15 boards a game in HS and was Mr Basketball in Alabama. If we are just holding Daniels out and redshirting him, that is very dumb IMO especially if it could help us to an NIT run this year. We need low post depth in the worst way and I believe he also has perimeter range which could add another threat from the outside. This would also help Daniels adjust to the SEC as well.

Thanks for the information Dawg61. It was very helpful. We still need to play our butts off but if we can over these next three games I see us coming out of it 2-1.

CJDAWG85
01-13-2014, 12:49 AM
Bear would be a HUGE help to the team. I would guess next Saturday would be his first game, but Ray may get ready for Bama. Stealing road games would put this team in some sort of post season tourney and that would be massive for the growth of this team.

Dawg61
01-13-2014, 01:05 AM
I've been wondering why Mizzou hasn't sucked sooner. They have Frank Haith as coach and he is terrrrrible. He was so awful at Miami. Mike Anderson loaded that team with talent and Haith used that full cupboard to a #2 seed in the tournament. Then they've had a massive amount of transfers to and from that school. He somehow is bringing in talent as it jumps off the boat at the same time. I think they've finally started to trend down. Georgia is playing for their coach right now. Mark Fox just lost his father and they've rallied behind him. They are dangerous right now but their lack of talent will do them in eventually. Vandy is the team that lost their leading scorer after already losing their leading scorer. They have 7 scholarship players now. They might not win another game.

MarketingBully01
01-13-2014, 01:07 AM
A win at Bama Wednesday would be huge and open most of our fans eyes that are still on the fence about Coach Ray. That would be a huge win in my eyes and make me start believing more of how good of a Coach Ray is and can be. I am starting to believe now. He reminds me a lot of Coach Williams. We just need to get a great recruiting assistant coach and I think we can start to get back to where we were in the Stans era. I would be very pleased on Wednesday if we can stay competitive throughout the whole game at Bama.