PDA

View Full Version : Rumor is Saban after Brick Haley- Orgermoron to LSU

Coach34
01-12-2014, 06:28 PM
that would be insane

ShotgunDawg
01-12-2014, 06:40 PM
It would be insane, but I'm just not a huge fan of school SEC schools plucking other SEC schools coaches. I just don't feel like it helps the conference.

deltadawg99
01-12-2014, 06:51 PM
LSU has been missing on some in state guys which is obviously very unchacteristic of them. Getting Eddie O on staff could change that quickly.

messageboardsuperhero
01-12-2014, 06:51 PM
As long as Collins is still here in 2014, Bama can hire whoever they want- just stay away from our guys.

Todd4State
01-12-2014, 06:57 PM
If that happened, Ole Miss's fear about losing Speaks should increase by about 3.

HoopsDawg
01-12-2014, 07:02 PM
As long as Collins is still here in 2014, Bama can hire whoever they want- just stay away from our guys.

If we lose Collins, I may jump off the Stricklin bandwagon like some of the psychos on this site.

SDDawg
01-12-2014, 07:11 PM
If we lose Collins, I may jump off the Stricklin bandwagon like some of the psychos on this site.

THIS. ^^^^^

Coach34
01-12-2014, 07:12 PM

One thing we have going for us with Collins is that he knows he has a top 10 in the nation type D coming back. That may get him paid as much as anything he could do- possibly get him a head job if we are able to get to 9-10 wins.

AROB44
01-12-2014, 07:16 PM
It would be insane, but I'm just not a huge fan of school SEC schools plucking other SEC schools coaches. I just don't feel like it helps the conference.

We know Commissioner Slive. Sorry....couldn't resist....the debil made me do it.

ShotgunDawg
01-12-2014, 07:20 PM
One thing we have going for us with Collins is that he knows he has a top 10 in the nation type D coming back. That may get him paid as much as anything he could do- possibly get him a head job if we are able to get to 9-10 wins.

This

Manny Diaz's experience at Texas should be all that Collins needs to see. Also look at the similarities between Mack Brown at Texas and Georgia under Richt. Longtime coach, wins a ton of games, but for whatever reason struggles to get over the hump.

Collins has all the talent he needs at MSU to have a great defense.

Not sure if you saw my post in the other thread, but here it is again.

Check out this comment by a Rebel on Pete Roussel's twitter page:

OleMissRebel ‏@OleMissRebel805 6m
@coachingsearch Best D-Coordinator this hiring cycle is Geoff Collins at MSU... guy does a great job with down talent

Funny how this down talent keeps going high in the NFL draft. I haven't seen many Rebel defensive players in the NFL the last few years.

Funny how 2 of the last 3 MSU D-coordinators could be highly sought after when the OM D-coordinator never is.

These guys just don't think shit through before they talk.

Coach34
01-12-2014, 07:24 PM
We know Commissioner Slive. Sorry....couldn't resist....the debil made me do it.

Only applies to HC's

messageboardsuperhero
01-12-2014, 07:50 PM
Check out this comment by a Rebel on Pete Roussel's twitter page:

OleMissRebel ‏@OleMissRebel805 6m
@coachingsearch Best D-Coordinator this hiring cycle is Geoff Collins at MSU... guy does a great job with down talent

Funny how this down talent keeps going high in the NFL draft. I haven't seen many Rebel defensive players in the NFL the last few years.

Funny how 2 of the last 3 MSU D-coordinators could be highly sought after when the OM D-coordinator never is.

These guys just don't think shit through before they talk.

Hold on, did that guy really say State has "down talent?" So according to some random dumbass, Preston Smith, PJ and Chris Jones, Benardrick McKinney, Benny and Richie Brown, Taveze Calhoun, Will Redmond, etc. are all bad players? Some people just talk without thinking.

It is hilarious that Roussell and UM fans are pushing for Collins to go to another school- our defense scares the shit out of them.