PDA

View Full Version : Phillip Rivers

Rick Danko
01-12-2014, 05:18 PM
Does anyone hate that guy as much as I do. He just has a body language about him where he comes off as an arrogant prick.

gravedigger
01-12-2014, 05:29 PM
I do. He is a prick. I like San Diego, but that asshole needs someone to put him down and rub it in

FlabLoser
01-12-2014, 05:30 PM
I like him. He's just passionate about the game. Different people show their emotions different ways.

Rick Danko
01-12-2014, 05:37 PM
I know this much. Back when I played, if a QB slung a football towards me because I missed the snap that SOB would have gotten a lookout play coming towards him.

K9 Avenger
01-12-2014, 05:48 PM
Does anyone hate that guy as much as I do. He just has a body language about him where he comes off as an arrogant prick.
Like him MUCH better than anyone else playing QB today.

bully99
01-12-2014, 05:49 PM
The qbs: Son of a rebel vs Son of a bulldog.

quickstrike2
01-12-2014, 05:53 PM
It's the damn playoffs, snap the ****ing ball. That took it from 3rd an short to 3rd and long. Dude deserved it, rivers had done everything he knew to get him to snap it.

Will James
01-12-2014, 05:55 PM
I agree with Flab, Rivers is a competitor. The OP description describes our pal Cameron Newton.

Coach34
01-12-2014, 05:58 PM
I dont like Rivers at all- but he is one intense bastard himself

I actually like Manning and cant wait for him and Brady to go at it next week again. This time Manning will have home field as opposed to Brady who had it all those times earlier in their careers

I also look forward to Harbaugh and Pete to go at it. Those 2 cant stand each other. Next Sunday should be fun

HereComesTheSpiral
01-12-2014, 06:00 PM
The qbs: Son of a rebel vs Son of a bulldog.

When was his dad at State? I thought they were NC State people. Not calling you out, I just dont know.

dawgoneyall
01-12-2014, 06:02 PM
Yep, dad played at State. Sherrill recruited Rivers as a LB. NCState as a QB.

bully99
01-12-2014, 06:07 PM
His dad played in the early 70's with Josh Booty's dad and Rockey Felker and Tarzan.

TheRef
01-12-2014, 06:14 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dC0IVuO0vHc/TMWuQ3dQoNI/AAAAAAAAAAQ/9zVSODAXeBI/s1600/Philip%2BRivers1.jpg

Rick Danko
01-12-2014, 06:26 PM
It's the damn playoffs, snap the ****ing ball. That took it from 3rd an short to 3rd and long. Dude deserved it, rivers had done everything he knew to get him to snap it.

Fair enough... Maybe next time Rivers misses a read or passes into coverage the Center should throw his helmet at him for ****ing up.

I dunno, maybe I'm being too sensitive, but that was some bush league shit to me. JMHO

TheRef
01-12-2014, 06:30 PM
http://static.businessinsider.com/image/5252d8ab69bedd071a46cbfe/image.jpg

FlabLoser
01-12-2014, 06:40 PM
Too bad Kang didn't get Rivers here as a QB. We would have matched OM's Eli to our Rivers just like we saw their Kimdeechy and raised them a Chris Jones.

TheRef
01-12-2014, 06:41 PM
http://www.diehardsport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Phillip-Rivers-Pumpted-Face-Colts.gif

dawgs
01-12-2014, 07:14 PM
Fair enough... Maybe next time Rivers misses a read or passes into coverage the Center should throw his helmet at him for ****ing up.

I dunno, maybe I'm being too sensitive, but that was some bush league shit to me. JMHO

not even close to the same thing. not getting a snap off is completely a mental lapse. not even the same ballpark as a mistake that occurs in the moment of a play.

that said, letting your QB get blindsided in a playoff game because you are butthurt is moronic and a quick way to be out of the league. you don't let hurt feelings cause you to purposefully give up a big hit on your QB when a super bowl run is at stake.

Coach34
01-12-2014, 07:14 PM
Too bad Kang didn't get Rivers here as a QB. We would have matched OM's Eli to our Rivers just like we saw their Kimdeechy and raised them a Chris Jones.

We didnt have the OL- he would have gotten beat to death just like Fant did

Rick Danko
01-12-2014, 07:22 PM
not even close to the same thing. not getting a snap off is completely a mental lapse. not even the same ballpark as a mistake that occurs in the moment of a play.

that said, letting your QB get blindsided in a playoff game because you are butthurt is moronic and a quick way to be out of the league. you don't let hurt feelings cause you to purposefully give up a big hit on your QB when a super bowl run is at stake.

For Christ sake man, it was a figure of speech. No, I would not expect a professional to give a lookout block for his QB in the playoffs... Point is, you don't act like a damn child and sling the football at the center because he makes a mistake, it's a pressure cooker for him same as everyone on that field. How bout he get in the face of every d lineman that jump offsides, or every receiver that pushes off, etc etc.... It's simply my opinion he should have handled the situation differently than slapping the ball at his center then bitching him out in front of everyone.. It's also my opinion he is an arrogant prick, as I posted earlier

dawgs
01-13-2014, 12:03 AM
Shit at least they were in a stressful situation trying to comeback, mccarron did the same kinda shit to Barrett jones in the title game last year when they were up like 30 points late in the game and everyone said he was a gamer and that's why Bama was so great because they demanded perfection.

Dawg61
01-13-2014, 12:36 AM
I love watching Rivers play. He just has this crazy intensity about him and he's a fierce competitor that I enjoy watching. His arrogance cracks me up. Peyton is the one I don't like watching as much. Peyton seems like a robot to me. He always says the perfect thing. I wish he had a more "human" or real side about him.

dawg21
01-13-2014, 09:24 AM
Imagine a friend of yours that is goofy, never cusses, strong values, strange throwing motion, and wins a lot...that's Rivers. He also has 7 kids. Very few people wanted him to play QB at the college level...that's why he didn't play in the SEC.

He competes. They finally got an OC that works well with him. Next year, look out.

Hot Rock
01-13-2014, 11:48 AM
That offensive coordinator that you are talking is about to get a headcoaching gig somewhere else. He has about four teams waiting to interview him.

So, Rivers will be on his fourth or fifth OC next year.

Bullmutt
01-13-2014, 01:24 PM
Rivers is the son of his H.S. coach. Played great ball at Athens H.S. in Athens, AL for several years. I have been a fan of his ever since Bama and Auburn both said he wasn't good enough for them to take as a QB. So, he goes to N.C. State, starts as a freshman, and has four great years there. Kinda sounds like someone Mullen would recruit.

FlabLoser
01-13-2014, 01:43 PM
All these years of watching Peyton Manning and it is still strange to watch Peyton call 2-3 audibles at the LOS only for it to be a HB dive play. Sure he's just making maximum pre-snap effort to put them in whatever play gets them an extra half yard. But part of me wants for him to see something juicy and audible to a 80 yard TD pass.

Hot Rock
01-13-2014, 05:58 PM
All these years of watching Peyton Manning and it is still strange to watch Peyton call 2-3 audibles at the LOS only for it to be a HB dive play. Sure he's just making maximum pre-snap effort to put them in whatever play gets them an extra half yard. But part of me wants for him to see something juicy and audible to a 80 yard TD pass.

I know that some of what he says is just jargon to throw off the defense. He will put someone in motion in order to read the coverage etc.. He is just doing everything he knows to do to make it a successful play on every freakin' down. He got three first downs last night by inducing encrogement calls on the defense and that's just the ones I remember.

They do the no huddle even with a big lead, not to be confused with a hurry up offfense. The will snap it quick, if he thinks the D is napping. Otherwise he just makes the D get ready quickly. If it gets old to us, imagine how it gets in the head of hte D-line sitting there in a stance for 25-30 seconds every play. Plus, it makes it hard to get a jump on the pass rush. I suppose it would wear on the O-Line as well but this is what they do.

It does get old to watch, but that is part of what makes him one of the best.