PDA

View Full Version : per twitter- Tebow remains only Heisman QB to win a playoff game last 26 years

Coach34
01-12-2014, 04:57 PM
and he cant get a job #PassingLeague

defiantdog
01-12-2014, 05:04 PM
I still blame Andre Ware for cursing the heisman for the qb position.

engie
01-12-2014, 05:08 PM
He's going to be great press for us on the SEC network... Really looking forward to that next August...

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-12-2014, 05:26 PM
Vinny Testaverde thinks you are incorrect.

Dallas_Dawg
01-12-2014, 05:28 PM
He's going to be great press for us on the SEC network... Really looking forward to that next August...

That's a really good point that hasn't crossed my mind. Maybe Tebow can help fans outside the SEC to realize that we are Mississippi state, not OLE MISS.
Also, if Dak Prescott continues to improve like we all anticipate, they are going to make comparisons of him to Tebow and could warrant a lot of media attention.
Big win for us with him getting on television. One more reason to be excited for 2014.

Coach34
01-12-2014, 05:38 PM
Vinny Testaverde thinks you are incorrect.

yes twitter is incorrect. Vinny won a couple. Good pick-up

curmudgeon
01-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Well, the stat is that no Heisman QB since Ware in 89 has ever won a playoff game except for Tebow. Vinny won the Heisman before Ware.

Coach34
01-12-2014, 05:55 PM
Well, the stat is that no Heisman QB since Ware in 89 has ever won a playoff game except for Tebow. Vinny won the Heisman before Ware.

Here was the tweet:

‏@ESPN_Numbers 1h
With Cam Newton's playoff loss...

TIM TEBOW is the only Heisman-winning QB to win a playoff game in the last 26 seasons.

defiantdog
01-12-2014, 06:07 PM
Here was the tweet:

‏@ESPN_Numbers 1h
With Cam Newton's playoff loss...

TIM TEBOW is the only Heisman-winning QB to win a playoff game in the last 15 seasons.

I think the last time was Testeverde with the Jets in '98

The Croom Diaries
01-12-2014, 09:18 PM
I think the last time was Testeverde with the Jets in '98

I think what they are trying to say is that out of all the QBs to win the Heisman in the last 26 years only Tebow has won a NFL playoff game.

Dawg61
01-12-2014, 09:21 PM
I still think Tebow is plenty good enough to hold a backup job atleast and I'd argue he's better than what the Jaguars, Jets, Vikings, Bucs and Raiders put on the field as QBs this year. Maybe a few more. Tebow can win games. He's 8-5 as a starter. And he's still a top 5 running QB. The Packers played Seneca Wallace for a game. He is awful.

The Croom Diaries
01-12-2014, 09:27 PM
I still think Tebow is plenty good enough to hold a backup job atleast and I'd argue he's better than what the Jaguars, Jets, Vikings, Bucs and Raiders put on the field as QBs this year. Maybe a few more. Tebow can win games. He's 8-5 as a starter. And he's still a top 5 running QB. The Packers played Seneca Wallace for a game. He is awful.

I think it's all about the media circus. No team is willing to put up with it if he's a back up QB and no team thinks he can get them to a Superbowl = he has no job. But he was really good as an analyst so I wouldn't be surprised if he's making $1 mil + doing that pretty soon.