PDA

View Full Version : Sean Rawlings

Sacrifice
01-12-2014, 03:34 PM
I didn't get a chance to watch this kid play this year but the more I read about him the more I think this kids gonna be a player for us. I was reading the wright up in the CL today and I saw were he graded out at 96% on the season, that my friends is a BIG F-in deal. Most linemen have great seasons if they grade out in the upper 80s. Man you combine that with those long arms, quick feet, athletic, nasty ass attitude and smart. All I can say is hell yeah my brothers...

messageboardsuperhero
01-12-2014, 03:36 PM
I'm very high on Rawlings as well- he is extremely underrated as a two star.

bully99
01-12-2014, 03:50 PM
He did an interview with rosebowl a couple days ago. I will say this, I think he comes to State, but when you read it, I wouldn't bet the farm that if OM offers him, he wouldn't flip. Even some of the Swindoll post were questioning if he left the door open to going to OM. Rare for Swindoll sheep to raise questions.

Todd4State
01-12-2014, 04:02 PM
He did an interview with rosebowl a couple days ago. I will say this, I think he comes to State, but when you read it, I wouldn't bet the farm that if OM offers him, he wouldn't flip. Even some of the Swindoll post were questioning if he left the door open to going to OM. Rare for Swindoll sheep to raise questions.

I would be very surprised if he flipped based on what his Dad said on Paul's site.

bully99
01-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Did you read the interview. Like I said, he probably comes to State, but he seemed to leave the door open, maybe a little.

Todd4State
01-12-2014, 05:22 PM
Did you read the interview. Like I said, he probably comes to State, but he seemed to leave the door open, maybe a little.

Yes I did. Did you read what his Dad wrote on Paul's web site?

I'm going to take the Dad's word over a guy who works for a recruiting web site and wants to drum up hits for his business by insinuating that there may be some "drama".

I found it hilarious that he tried to call out "street agents" and how they don't really care about the players the other day when he openly supported and encouraged Byron DeVinner to talk about Will Redmond.

bully99
01-12-2014, 05:53 PM
Yes, but those were Rawlings words not rosebowls.

Bo Darville
01-12-2014, 06:06 PM
I saw an MRA assistant football Coach today and I mentioned Rawlings. He said the family was Ole Miss fans but MSU was getting a guy with potential. He said he was smart, had real good feet, and the frame to add weight. Said he would need a redshirt year. He said the big thing is that the guy is hungry to get better and to be great. Very self-motivated kid.

Todd4State
01-12-2014, 06:14 PM
Yes, but those were Rawlings words not rosebowls.

Who wrote the article and transcribed his words? It wasn't Rawlings.

A player that is solid with no drama whatsoever is not good press for a recruiting web site.

SDDawg
01-12-2014, 06:17 PM
No one with sense is going to say "NEVER" in recruiting, not a prospect, not a coach, not a parent. Until they sign everything is up in the air to some degree, but I feel good about Rawlings and I don't think OM will offer him because they are too lazy to take a guy like this and develop him. They want to throw him in there like meat as a freshman and that's not the recipe for success for Sean. Look at Tunsil's injuries if you want to see how OM is treating their OL recruits.

sbcmortgageman
01-12-2014, 08:25 PM
Gentlemen, Rawlings will sign with State. You can hold me to that.

bully99
01-12-2014, 08:50 PM
When you write an article and put quotation marks around words, I don't give a damn how you transcribe it, you're saying this is what the person said. If rosebowl made something up then he's got a damn credibility problem.
Rawlings was quoted as saying he didn't know how he would feel if Ole Miss offered, that tells me there's doubt in his head. Don't let your hate for rosebowl and Swindoll cloud your mind. If rosebowl is making things up, then he'll be called on it.

Todd4State
01-13-2014, 02:01 AM
When you write an article and put quotation marks around words, I don't give a damn how you transcribe it, you're saying this is what the person said. If rosebowl made something up then he's got a damn credibility problem.
Rawlings was quoted as saying he didn't know how he would feel if Ole Miss offered, that tells me there's doubt in his head. Don't let your hate for rosebowl and Swindoll cloud your mind. If rosebowl is making things up, then he'll be called on it.

I'm not saying that Rosebowl made up anything. What I am saying is he probably used one quote and then probably left off a following quote such as "it doesn't matter because I'm still going to MSU" that would have totally changed how the article sounded to the reader.

It's a business and he has to make a living too- and I understand that. I'm pretty sure Rosebowl knew what he was doing when he wrote that article and that he would get questions about it. But based on what his Dad said on Paul's site I get the impression that they are happy with Sean going to MSU, they're happy with Dan, Hevesey, and Knox and I think the last thing that they want to do is get dragged into the vortex of recruiting drama. You also have 2-3 people including me saying he's not going anywhere. And then you also have Rosebowl in a thread in response to the article saying that he's not going anywhere.

MarketingBully01
01-13-2014, 10:57 AM
He basically said that Ole Miss offering now would be too little too late. If Ole Miss could flip him, they would have already offered him. It's too late in the game right now. Chances of landing a recruit when offering mid-January are slim to none. Ole Miss isn't dumb. Rawlings will be a dog.

MarketingBully01
01-13-2014, 11:02 AM
And didn't he also say it's too late for all that stuff? It doesn't sound like someone confused to me. It sounds more like a kid thinking that ship has sailed. It doesn't matter anyway because you guys will look for anything and try to twist it so there's drama no matter what a kid says.

smootness
01-13-2014, 11:10 AM
You can hate on Steve if you want, but to me the one place where he is most vulnerable to bending the truth is actually in favor of State.

I have yet to see him drum up a bunch of drama around a State recruit when there wasn't legitimate drama, and it's usually the other way around. They did everything they could to calm the Chris Jones hysteria last year, they certainly weren't fanning the flames.

And he's gone out of his way to say that Aeris Williams, Gerri Green, and Jamoral Graham are solid and that there's nothing to see there. He is the last one, from everything I've seen, to create some kind of sense the recruit is wavering if he's not. His base is State fans that want to hear good things, that everything's alright, etc. It doesn't really help him to get people worried about our commits.

Honestly, I think he wrote the article to try to calm fears about Rawlings flipping...it's just that the quotes he used are all Rawlings gave him. He said he's looking forward to State; the reason people are still worried is because he never said, 'I don't care if Ole Miss offers, I'm not going there'; all he said was, 'I'm not sure'.

Personally, I think he's coming to State even if they offer.

Political Hack
01-13-2014, 01:55 PM
he also didn't drum up any drama on CJ or Pat Pat until after the flip.

that said, why not play the percentages? kids rarely flip. if you said every kid won't flip and you're wrong on one per year, you'll be right 96% of the time. It's dumb to predict flips unless you know it's coming.

All that said, I'd be pretty shocked if Rawlings flipped.

sandwolf
01-13-2014, 02:07 PM
You can hate on Steve if you want, but to me the one place where he is most vulnerable to bending the truth is actually in favor of State.

I have yet to see him drum up a bunch of drama around a State recruit when there wasn't legitimate drama, and it's usually the other way around. They did everything they could to calm the Chris Jones hysteria last year, they certainly weren't fanning the flames.

And he's gone out of his way to say that Aeris Williams, Gerri Green, and Jamoral Graham are solid and that there's nothing to see there. He is the last one, from everything I've seen, to create some kind of sense the recruit is wavering if he's not. His base is State fans that want to hear good things, that everything's alright, etc. It doesn't really help him to get people worried about our commits.

Honestly, I think he wrote the article to try to calm fears about Rawlings flipping...it's just that the quotes he used are all Rawlings gave him. He said he's looking forward to State; the reason people are still worried is because he never said, 'I don't care if Ole Miss offers, I'm not going there'; all he said was, 'I'm not sure'.

Personally, I think he's coming to State even if they offer.

Completely agree.

Bo Darville
01-13-2014, 02:08 PM
Personally, I think Rawlings wants the Ole Miss offer. It is a pride thing. When you grow up a fan of a school, you simply want the offer. You don't want to feel like you were not good enough. I think he likes MSU and will go to MSU, even if Ole Miss offers. But you want the offer as validation of your ability and your achievements.

starkvegasdawg
01-13-2014, 02:38 PM
Personally, I think Rawlings wants the Ole Miss offer. It is a pride thing. When you grow up a fan of a school, you simply want the offer. You don't want to feel like you were not good enough. I think he likes MSU and will go to MSU, even if Ole Miss offers. But you want the offer as validation of your ability and your achievements.

Can't argue with that. I just hope if it happens he tells Bucky to shove his offer between his incisors and chew on it a while.

HancockCountyDog
01-13-2014, 03:00 PM

I don't know about y'all about if Ole Miss was my only SEC offer coming out of high school, I would have been buying lacoste shirts and the 90's version of yeti coolers.

They could have offered me at the beginning of my senior year, and if MSU had offered 5 minutes before I signed on the dotted line, I would have signed with MSU. I may be in the minority here, but I don't know how you turn that switch offf. Now, I doubt Sean was as big a Rebel fan as I was a MSU fan growing up, but the point remains, its not something we should sleep on.

Original48
01-13-2014, 03:17 PM
Interesting tweet from Sean's mom.
@Toddysmr: Patrick Willis, rated only a two stars out of high school, showing the world it's not about the stars.
Not sure if this is a veiled shot at Freeze or just a commentary on star ratings in general. Sounds like the entire family is motivated. Whatever the case, I'm 99.9% Sean sticks no matter what. But whatever happens, you could NOT know a better family than the Rawlings.

Buddy
01-13-2014, 03:38 PM
Yes I did. Did you read what his Dad wrote on Paul's web site?

I'm going to take the Dad's word over a guy who works for a recruiting web site and wants to drum up hits for his business by insinuating that there may be some "drama".

I found it hilarious that he tried to call out "street agents" and how they don't really care about the players the other day when he openly supported and encouraged Byron DeVinner to talk about Will Redmond.

Jeff (Sean's dad) said in a post on 247 "As to what may happen tomorrow, next week or next month, I'm in the dark as much as anyone else".... now, he did say in the post that Sean was "all dawg and proud to be one". However, in my opinion Jeff did not close the door on a change of heart should an Ole Miss offer (or any other offers) come. I haven't read Rosebowl's article, but I had the same thoughts as soon as I read Jeff's post..... he left some wiggle room should something in the future change.

The longer he goes without an Ole Miss offer, the better for us. I'm not sure he would flip if given an offer at the "last hour".... but if they offer with a few weeks to go and he makes an official visit to Ole Miss, I'll be nervous.

Bo Darville
01-13-2014, 04:21 PM
I think Justin Malone is one thing in our favor. Malone went to the same high school as Rawlings (MRA), and they know each other well. They play the same position, are very similar in size and both needed time to develop fundamentally and physically. Both have good feet and played basketball. I think surely Rawlings looks at the path that Malone has followed and that would be in our favor. We signed Malone, worked on his body and fundamentals, and put him in the rotation as a redshirt freshman. Malone made tons of progress from a high school senior to where he is now. Rawlings could follow a similar path.

Coach34
01-13-2014, 04:29 PM
I don't know about y'all about if Ole Miss was my only SEC offer coming out of high school, I would have been buying lacoste shirts and the 90's version of yeti coolers.

I got an offer to walk-on at OM and I turned it down and went juco instead. No way I would have ever put that uniform on....but I'm not like most people

HancockCountyDog
01-13-2014, 04:33 PM
I got an offer to walk-on at OM and I turned it down and went juco instead. No way I would have ever put that uniform on....but I'm not like most people

Yeah but an offer to walk on - versus a full scholarship is way different. Now in baseball there is no such thing as a full scholarship - but I just cant imagine turning down a full ride to an SEC school out of high school, but I hear ya.

Todd4State
01-13-2014, 05:08 PM
Jeff (Sean's dad) said in a post on 247 "As to what may happen tomorrow, next week or next month, I'm in the dark as much as anyone else".... now, he did say in the post that Sean was "all dawg and proud to be one". However, in my opinion Jeff did not close the door on a change of heart should an Ole Miss offer (or any other offers) come. I haven't read Rosebowl's article, but I had the same thoughts as soon as I read Jeff's post..... he left some wiggle room should something in the future change.

The longer he goes without an Ole Miss offer, the better for us. I'm not sure he would flip if given an offer at the "last hour".... but if they offer with a few weeks to go and he makes an official visit to Ole Miss, I'll be nervous.

I think they are also being very polite to everyone that is possibly recruiting him. I think they also understand that things can happen in recruiting although not likely in this case but regardless you have to be prepared for whatever good or bad. That's being reasonable and classy.

What that DOESN'T mean is that they are looking to go elsewhere or go anywhere other than MSU, and it doesn't mean that they would immediately drop MSU if Ole Miss offers.

Again, Rosebowl could have worded his article in a way that made him sound more solid to MSU than he did. And I'm not criticizing him when I say that. But fans have to understand that that recruiting is a business for these people and they want people to read and look at their product. And in the thread on the message board Rosebowl did indeed talk about how Rawlings was solid to MSU. So now if Rawlings sticks with MSU, Rosebowl can now tell people "see I said he was solid to MSU" and if by small chance he does flip "well, in my article he did leave a little wiggle room". And now either way no matter what happens Rosebowl has built "credibility".

I'm just saying that people don't need to worry about Rawlings and that people need to see this for what it is.