PDA

View Full Version : Aeris Williams

John Farley
01-12-2014, 10:00 AM
Named Mr Football. Finally got it right. Best player I saw all year

Todd4State
01-12-2014, 10:06 AM
Congratulations to him! I'm glad that Ole Miss is "loaded" at running back so that we could get him.

Political Hack
01-12-2014, 10:17 AM
Thanks for sharing John. Beast mode at RB arrives next year. We've got 3 absolute grinders there now, all with a little different skill set.

Congrats to Williams. Well deserved and good to see a West Point guy get the nod.

Dawg61
01-12-2014, 10:33 AM
4 stud RB. Life is good!

dawgclub99
01-12-2014, 10:39 AM
Best RB to come through here since Norwood. He will be a future NFL back.

Maroons
01-12-2014, 11:29 AM
For those that have seen him play, how does his running style differ from Shumpert and Robinson?

shoeless joe
01-12-2014, 11:50 AM
He's more of a down hill power guy. His speed isn't going to blow anyone away but he picks up tough yards and absolutely wears on a defense. His OL this year wasn't near what it has been in the past but he was still able to get it done. He's also not quite the all around athlete as shumpert but he could do some big things at state as he really fits in with the way we use our backfield. Power runs, receiving out of backfield, etc.

It also cannot be over stated the quality of kid he is. Great kid with a bright future.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-12-2014, 12:10 PM
Watching him at the Big Dawg Camp I feel good saying he was the best athlete there. He lined up at rb, wr, & db & he was arguably the best player at all 3 positions. Kid runs with great power but his most impressive attribute may be he has some of the best hands I've seen for a rb. Kid is a big time talent.

Pollodawg
01-12-2014, 12:52 PM
I look forward to seeing him in Maroon and White. Dak, Jrob, Shump, Williams. Yeah, we're gonna run your ass over.

Todd4State
01-12-2014, 01:14 PM
I look forward to seeing him in Maroon and White. Dak, Jrob, Shump, Williams. Yeah, we're gonna run your ass over.

I'd like to see us have a set with Robinson and Shumpert in the backfield and Williams in the slot. Our Diamond formation is going to be comletely badass next year with those three.

chainedup_Dawg
01-12-2014, 01:19 PM
He's more of a down hill power guy. His speed isn't going to blow anyone away but he picks up tough yards and absolutely wears on a defense. His OL this year wasn't near what it has been in the past but he was still able to get it done. He's also not quite the all around athlete as shumpert but he could do some big things at state as he really fits in with the way we use our backfield. Power runs, receiving out of backfield, etc.

It also cannot be over stated the quality of kid he is. Great kid with a bright future.

Everything you said is very true. However, what I like most about him is that your second to last sentence is dead on! This kid comes from a great family and is very respectful and of high character. Also, another thing I haven't seen mentioned is that a lot of power backs don't typically have great vision, they just run through people. Aeries does have great vision as well. He is not a burner but his feet are quick and hits the hole with authority

TheDogFather
01-12-2014, 02:42 PM
http://bcove.me/5ewjdrmm

starkvegasdawg
01-12-2014, 02:59 PM
I'd like to see us have a set with Robinson and Shumpert in the backfield and Williams in the slot. Our Diamond formation is going to be comletely badass next year with those three.

So the odds are pretty good he'll play as a true freshman?

TexasDawg
01-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Yes he will play, probably about as many carries as Shumpert saw this past year

Coach34
01-12-2014, 04:04 PM

yes- he'll get 40 carries or so next year to get his feet wet

Todd4State
01-12-2014, 04:05 PM

I think he will play, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets more playing time than Shumpert did simply because he is a little bit more versatile than Shumpert.

Like I said, if I were Dan I'd use him some in the slot as well as at RB.

Todd4State
01-12-2014, 04:06 PM
yes- he'll get 40 carries or so next year to get his feet wet

That and I'm hoping he will get some receptions as well. Say 10-15 receptions.