PDA

View Full Version : New topic: What makes tsun fans/grads such ******s?

MaroonState
01-12-2014, 09:38 AM
What exactly in their DNA makes them think they are at the top of the SEC in every sport when they aren't even in the top of Mississippi (education or sports)? Go...

gravedigger
01-12-2014, 09:45 AM
Couldn't tell. But I enjoy the shit out of it.

Saltydog
01-12-2014, 09:52 AM
at the typical MSU fan. Then when they can't beat us, they start making a thousand excuses and get sand in their ******s..........

starkvegasdawg
01-12-2014, 10:01 AM
What exactly in their DNA makes them think they are at the top of the SEC in every sport when they aren't even in the top of Mississippi (education or sports)? Go...

I think that when they are babies their parents tie their first bow tie around their little necks too tight cutting off oxygen and causing brain damage.

Bothrops
01-12-2014, 10:02 AM
More like a burlap swivel twisting and turning.

MaroonState
01-12-2014, 10:18 AM
Couldn't tell. But I enjoy the shit out of it.
Yes I enjoy the shit out of it too. I mean who doesn't enjoy rubbing the nose of a sniveling little cry baby in their own tears?

Saltydog
01-12-2014, 10:22 AM
nt

Political Hack
01-12-2014, 10:33 AM
It's little man syndrome. The old timers just can't fathom it and it's been echoed in the grove so often for so many years the younger generation still thinks they're relevant.

Let's not pretend that they have come to terms with reality in other areas of life though.

Sports - they're irrelevant and playing 2nd fiddle in Mississippi but tweet out pictures of BCS championship trophies and constantly make excuses as to why they lose to their in-state non-rival.

Academics - they still claim an OM degree is worth more than a State degree when every legitimate national study and publication in the last ten years has out State ahead of OM in undergrad degree earnings. Maybe it's the law school? The med-school is separate but they still try to claim it as if Dr's are being educated in Oxford. Bottom line is that four years in Starkville is worth a hell of a lot more than four years in Oxford.

Life - they legitimately rank themselves as an elite class in Mississippi. They are the plantation and continue to own that pedigree while shouting about their "heritage." Meanwhile, MSU has been and will always be the people's university. And in my humble opinion nothing says "flagship" like "the people's university." It's simply a different breed of people that attend the schools. While our students were defying the Governor of Mississippi to fly out and play in an integrated basketball tournament they were rioting on their campus because a black man was trying to be a Rebel... in every sense of the word. A half a century later, they riot again... It's easy to say that State folks are an easier going, more accepting, socially aware, and most of all - humble - group of people. The beauty of it is that we don't have to say it. They've shown their true colors and we have too.

Our State.

MaroonState
01-12-2014, 10:47 AM
It's little man syndrome. The old timers just can't fathom it and it's been echoed in the grove so often for so many years the younger generation still thinks they're relevant.

Let's not pretend that they have come to terms with reality in other areas of life though.

Sports - they're irrelevant and playing 2nd fiddle in Mississippi but tweet out pictures of BCS championship trophies and constantly make excuses as to why they lose to their in-state non-rival.

Academics - they still claim an OM degree is worth more than a State degree when every legitimate national study and publication in the last ten years has out State ahead of OM in undergrad degree earnings. Maybe it's the law school? The med-school is separate but they still try to claim it as if Dr's are being educated in Oxford. Bottom line is that four years in Starkville is worth a hell of a lot more than four years in Oxford.

Life - they legitimately rank themselves as an elite class in Mississippi. They are the plantation and continue to own that pedigree while shouting about their "heritage." Meanwhile, MSU has been and will always be the people's university. And in my humble opinion nothing says "flagship" like "the people's university." It's simply a different breed of people that attend the schools. While our students were defying the Governor of Mississippi to fly out and play in an integrated basketball tournament they were rioting on their campus because a black man was trying to be a Rebel... in every sense of the word. A half a century later, they riot again... It's easy to say that State folks are an easier going, more accepting, socially aware, and most of all - humble - group of people. The beauty of it is that we don't have to say it. They've shown their true colors and we have too.

Our State.

Nice Hack. At best they are the third best college in Mississippi behind Milsaps and MSU. They can take that Harvard of the south bullshit and shove it up their ass.

Quaoarsking
01-12-2014, 11:37 AM
I'm not sure why it wasn't publicized more than we passed Ole Miss in the USNWR rankings this year. That's a pretty big deal.

MSUDawg4Life
01-12-2014, 11:38 AM
When you live a lie, life is not good when reality hits you in the face.

blacklistedbully
01-12-2014, 12:11 PM
I have known decent people who have gone to Ole Miss and become assholes. For the majority of them, it's environmental. They get into that atmosphere, that circle-jerk of "how great we were in the 50's & 60's" and continually tell themselves they are still that despite all evidence to the contrary. They look for any & every reason to explain away the "45 year slump" they are in, grasping for straws to feed the delusion they have been brain-washed with in a bizarre mob-mentality psychosis that is self-fulfilling, as every new student there is thrust into that hotbed of delusion, feeding it like gas on a flame.

For others, they are the egotistical, snobby jackasses that are drawn to a place like Ole Miss. Those types were already assholes, so went there because it most closely fit their existing personalities.

Both types have an incredible capacity to ignore the facts, to defy reality. They live in a cocoon of delusion, a never-ending loop of self-deception where it's always 1960, TSSRA if they just can get that one lucky bounce that will catapult them back to the top.

Is it any wonder kids who go there stand little chance, against that backdrop, of coming out with even an average grip on reality or self-perception?

Offshore Dawg
01-12-2014, 12:19 PM
" MY DIDDIE WILL TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING "

Meaning I am too <17>ing pathetic and stupid, to accomplish anything on my own. My diddie will let me get a check from his company / firm / practice.

ShotgunDawg
01-12-2014, 12:21 PM
I am good friends with some Bears as well and here is what they say:

1. Them: If OM is properly run, OM can leave MSU behind.

Me: first off, you don't beat MSU in anything consistently, and in order to leave MSU behind, you would also need to jump Bama and LSU or else MSU and OM will always be playing for the same record. Not happening.

2. Them: Look at all the great OM NFL players. Where are MSU's?

Me: Why couldn't those great NFL players win many games while at OM? No doubt they are good players, but OM never fully benifits from their ability.

3. Them: Grove is clean, Junction is dirty.

Me: Not sure that's true, but, so... What's that have to do with winning games?

Dawgology
01-12-2014, 12:24 PM

So I'm the boss of the business and we host an intern or two every year. We get students from all over working on their master's degrees...Northeast states, Florida, Georgia, many from Mississippi State and even one from USM....this is the first year we have ever hosted an intern from tSun. Sports will occasionally come up as a topic of conversation with these interns and they are usually well informed regarding their teams play or they just don't care and say as much.

So tSun intern, on her first day, comes into my office and sees a MSU Bulldogs sign I have sitting on my bookshelf. First thing she says "OH MY GAAAAAWWWWD!!! You're a State fan? Why?? We always beat yaaaaawwwlllll!!!!"

I just stare at her like she is crazy for maybe 5 minute straight....I don't say a word because I'm thinking "wtf is wrong with these people". Little beads of perspiration begin forming on her thick forehead as she realizes the first thing she has ever said to her boss was what she had been programmed to say to any State fan that she meets.

Finally I just say "When?"

Blank stare...nothing. My phone rings and I excuse her.

She doesn't know it but her last day is Wednesday....

I hope my children don't want to go to tSun...that'll be money down the drain in my opinion.

Gen. Grant
01-12-2014, 12:33 PM
So I'm the boss of the business and we host an intern or two every year. We get students from all over working on their master's degrees...Northeast states, Florida, Georgia, many from Mississippi State and even one from USM....this is the first year we have ever hosted an intern from tSun. Sports will occasionally come up as a topic of conversation with these interns and they are usually well informed regarding their teams play or they just don't care and say as much.

So tSun intern, on her first day, comes into my office and sees a MSU Bulldogs sign I have sitting on my bookshelf. First thing she says "OH MY GAAAAAWWWWD!!! You're a State fan? Why?? We always beat yaaaaawwwlllll!!!!"

I just stare at her like she is crazy for maybe 5 minute straight....I don't say a word because I'm thinking "wtf is wrong with these people". Little beads of perspiration begin forming on her thick forehead as she realizes the first thing she has ever said to her boss was what she had been programmed to say to any State fan that she meets.

I hope my children don't want to go to tSun...that'll be money down the drain in my opinion.

Ha! This was pure gold! Is she even from MS? I bet her dealership owning father calls you begging to give her internship back.

hailmari
01-12-2014, 12:35 PM
I know the feeling. I know a lot of peoe around New Albany that don't actually watch sports at all but they support OM. They actually believe they're supporting a title contender and are clueless of what State does.

Pollodawg
01-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Most of the people I know who support OM do so because of the preconceived link to the Old South. They're kinda lower class people to be honest. And I hate to say that because it makes me sound like "one of them," but damn if it aint true sometimes.

bluelightstar
01-12-2014, 01:02 PM
The worst Ole Miss fans I know are the ones that post on the Internet. I'm not sure where most people find their friends, but the rivalry is more friendly banter with people I actually know.

I'm not excusing them though; some of the message board posters and Twitter Black Bears are enough to make you despise the whole damn town.

M.Fillmore
01-12-2014, 01:17 PM

Epic second post! If ED ever starts an "HOF of great posts", this need to be in the first group.

SDDawg
01-12-2014, 01:46 PM
Great thread, and it seems to be worse over the past few years. Since Thanksgiving I've noticed it a lot, so whenever it gets on my nerves I just fire up this link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1StKL_8H8o) at 2:45:45, watch the play and then wait for DJ Khaled. Problem solved.

Political Hack
01-12-2014, 01:52 PM
Dawgology gets it.

Esmerelda Villalobos
01-12-2014, 01:57 PM
I know a guy that went there and got 5 duis in his first 2 years there. His dad paid for every one of them to be covered up. Paid a lot of money.

I just shake my head at things. You can probably tell how that guy ended up in life and his dad probably isnt much better, just has deep pockets.

Of course, some of my best friends went there that are rednecks that fish and hunt. Id be ok dying and knowing that Ive never been in a deer stand and hate the outdoors but Im a MSU fan. Stereotypes arent always accurate.

QuadrupleOption
01-12-2014, 02:20 PM
Most of the people I know who support OM do so because of the preconceived link to the Old South. They're kinda lower class people to be honest. And I hate to say that because it makes me sound like "one of them," but damn if it aint true sometimes.

^^ This. Most of the Ole Miss fans I know have never been to Oxford and couldn't find it if you gave them a map and GPS directions.

Gen. Grant
01-12-2014, 03:12 PM

I agree, without getting political and keeping it within proper historical context, most people who subscribe, and identify with "Ole Miss," "Rebels," and "Heritage not Hate," do so due to their blind/ignorant affinity to the Lost Cause and its various notions. They are failed ideals and--they fit them quite well.

BossDawg
01-12-2014, 07:43 PM
Their pompous attitude is quite literally in their blood. If I'm not mistaken the bunch that started the school basically decided that they were above agriculture and that subjects such as that should be studied elsewhere. Their choices to locate the school in "Oxford" and make their colors "Harvard" red and "Yale" blue is good evidence that they were/are trying to be something that that never would/will be.

They're just your typical, pathetic, entitled assholes with tiny dicks - and deep down they know this so they will do whatever they can to manipulate and outsider's opinion of them.

Dawgology
01-12-2014, 08:51 PM
I agree, without getting political and keeping it within proper historical context, most people who subscribe, and identify with "Ole Miss," "Rebels," and "Heritage not Hate," do so due to their blind/ignorant affinity to the Lost Cause and its various notions. They are failed ideals and--they fit them quite well.

This x1000 . While I usually have friendly banter with my tSun friends there are more than a few who are a little overboard with it. I have noticed that these type are the ones who are less into the actual football team and more into the "heritage". Then there are the recent graduates like the soon-to-be-ex-intern who come across as brainwashed.

Dawgology
01-12-2014, 08:56 PM
Also, in response to their vaunted law degree I humbly submit a recent article in the Times:

http://ideas.time.com/2013/03/11/just-how-bad-off-are-law-school-graduates/

Go to State and get a real degree worth money kids....

TheDogFather
01-12-2014, 09:06 PM
Jerry, just remember. It's not a lie.... If you believe it. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ

JDog13
01-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Anyone see the bear ****** accusing Talty of being slanted for MSU? Is that not irony overload? Then he went on to argue with MSU fans thrashing him.

archdog
01-12-2014, 09:48 PM
Jerry, just remember. It's not a lie.... If you believe it. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ

That reminds me of the character of Dak is of the highest regard. That guy needs to work double hard in the off season. We need 12-0 next year.

EAVdog
01-12-2014, 10:28 PM
My response to any Ole Miss bragging/excuse making will for the forseeable future simply be the following:

We don't care more, we're just better than you.

May even want to get a t-shirt or coffee mug.

JDog13
01-12-2014, 11:12 PM
My response to any Ole Miss bragging/excuse making will for the forseeable future simply be the following:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sH18wv-eujw

MaroonState
01-12-2014, 11:24 PM

Nice! Definitely need shirts with this! Great responses guys. Keep them coming.

M.Fillmore
01-13-2014, 12:00 AM
Also, in response to their vaunted law degree I humbly submit a recent article in the Times:

http://ideas.time.com/2013/03/11/just-how-bad-off-are-law-school-graduates/

Go to State and get a real degree worth mo

Read more: Just How Bad Off Are Law School Graduates? | TIME.com http://ideas.time.com/2013/03/11/just-how-bad-off-are-law-school-graduates/#ixzz2qFdqg91Tney kids....

Get this quote from the above article: Applications to law school are expected to hit a 30-year low this year ? down as much as 38% from 2010. Some law schools have responded by shrinking their class sizes, and there have been predictions that in the not-too-distant future some lower-ranked law schools might have to close entirely.

Also, I saw a study on Jackson Jambalaya that said the MS has the worst job market for law school grads in the US: 15 grads per law job available.

SDDawg
01-13-2014, 12:00 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sH18wv-eujw

One of the all-time great Dan Mullen moments.

Drugdog
01-13-2014, 09:12 AM
It's a Disease. There is no cure. Unless Michael J. Fox can help them out.
I laugh inwardly when I see a Rebel t shirt/ hat/ sticker and think"if not for the grace of God ".

MaroonState
01-13-2014, 09:44 AM
It's a Disease. There is no cure. Unless Michael J. Fox can help them out.
I laugh inwardly when I see a Rebel t shirt/ hat/ sticker and think"if not for the grace of God ".

Can more cowbell cure it??

Coach66
01-13-2014, 10:00 AM
The worst Ole Miss fans I know are the ones that post on the Internet. I'm not sure where most people find their friends, but the rivalry is more friendly banter with people I actually know.

I'm not excusing them though; some of the message board posters and Twitter Black Bears are enough to make you despise the whole damn town.

the most unbearable (no pun intended) group of people I have ever seen. Just awful.

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
01-13-2014, 10:37 AM

Agree with this. Of course we've all been around the elitist Bear fans/alums, but I know a lot of sidewalk bear fans who are simple country boys (I went to a little 1A high school out in the sticks) that were intrigued by the rebel flag and the name rebels and just thought that ole miss was the school to pull for. If they spent a little time campus, pretty sure they would think a little differently.

HereComesTheSpiral
01-13-2014, 10:54 AM
I ran into an old friend of mine one day who was going to ole miss for an ELectrical Engineering degree and he swore on his life Ole Miss' engineering departments were better than State's. Im sure the majority of his opinion is due to the fact he flunked out of State's engineering department and they wouldnt take him back.

notsofarawaydawg
01-13-2014, 11:10 AM

I think you have them confused with the Bama fans who live along the MS/AL border.

BeastMan
01-13-2014, 11:19 AM

So much truth in this post. I've had some crazies come at me on the net but it never has given me a feeling one way or the other about the whole fan base. Some of my best friends are Rebs and in my line of work, I talk with tons of Rebs weekly. Honestly, it makes you consider if some of these folks on the internet are real. Namely, a handful on twitter and a size able portion of the spirit. Think about it inversely as well. Have you ever read GP thinking where these folks exist?

blacklistedbully
01-13-2014, 11:57 AM
On Rivals, the off-the-chart delusional, arrogant, personally-insulting, raged-filled asses outnumber the decent ones at least 10-to-1.

Pollodawg
01-13-2014, 12:00 PM
It could be that their male leaders are better than the ancient Greeks at making young freshmen into men in the grove. That would probably have a lot to do with it.