PDA

View Full Version : Which team had more talent on the court today?

CadaverDawg
01-11-2014, 10:16 PM
Since marketingBully thinks we had more talent on the court, I want to get the board's opinion. I personally feel like we had much less talent, yet our coach and team out-played the opponent, and out-coached them as well.

But the question is, who had more "talent" on their team?

CadaverDawg
01-11-2014, 10:20 PM
And my dumbass accidentally selected OM after all of that, ha. I don't know how to change it, so make sure you subtract a vote from OM and add one to MSU when viewing the results.

msstate7
01-11-2014, 10:23 PM
Athletic talent = us
Shooting talent = them

Statecoachingblows**
01-11-2014, 10:26 PM
THE WINNERS

MarketingBully01
01-11-2014, 10:41 PM
Nice one Cadaver. I think we had even talent on the floor. If Henderson would have played, they would have had slightly more talent. It played out the way it should have with the home team winning all things even. If Borchert and Thomas had hit their perimeter shots more consistently we would have blown them out...

smootness
01-11-2014, 11:36 PM
And my dumbass accidentally selected OM after all of that, ha. I don't know how to change it, so make sure you subtract a vote from OM and add one to MSU when viewing the results.

I don't understand...didn't you mean to select Ole Miss when talking about who had more talent?

CadaverDawg
01-11-2014, 11:41 PM
I don't understand...didn't you mean to select Ole Miss when talking about who had more talent?

Yes, I selected MSU. My wording has completely been off in this thread

NewTweederEndzoneDance
01-12-2014, 02:28 AM
This is an easy question. They have lots of talent. We appear to have better coaching. They also have underachieved for years, much like the rest of the SEC. It's not like there aren't 4 and 5 star players on these teams in the SEC.

ScoobaDawg
01-12-2014, 03:47 AM
Well you said on the court...A certain player was suspended for them that has some talent so he wasn't on the court..

Just saying.

chef dixon
01-12-2014, 09:06 AM
From top to bottom they have us beat. Not by a huge margin. We had the most TALENTED player on the court in Sword.

MaroonState
01-12-2014, 09:46 AM
Define talent? And like their football talent, is it over rated? This is a subjective question which bears thrive at. Bottom line: we have beaten them two in a row in basketball, own them in football, and baseball? Please!

tcdog70
01-12-2014, 01:21 PM
When our starting five was on the court , we had more talent. When we subbed they had more talent. This being said because of the Henderson absence.

coastdoglover
01-12-2014, 01:52 PM
The talent without Henderson is pretty close. No doubt we have better coaching and have owned Kennedy from day 1. He is very overrated but heck the former entire SEC west is mediocre at best. I am not sure it is all Kennedy's fault, who in the hell would want to go up there in the first place, and they are spending all their recruiting dollars on football.

MarketingBully01
01-12-2014, 02:04 PM
Stars wise Maroon they have one four star (who doesn't start) and the rest three stars or who were not rated.

Last year, yes they hugely out talented us when they had Holloway and Buckner but they don't have any two post players that are near as talented as those guys. Henderson is a great talent but he wasn't out there yesterday.

The funny thing is that if C34 hadn't said that they were SO MUCH more talented then us and we were lucky to be ahead in the game yesterday I wouldn't have even said anything. Saying they are slightly more talented or as talented wouldn't have gotten me in an uproar. Henderson is the X-factor. I entirely expect us to get clobbered by them in Oxford in a couple of weeks.

MarketingBully01
01-12-2014, 02:05 PM
He almost went to UAB and had they not had the talent they had last year he would have bolted to UAB.