PDA

View Full Version : Ogre to Bama...

CadaverDawg
01-11-2014, 09:14 PM
So IF The Ogre goes to Bama, that should make ole miss really nervous. Crazy Ed knows how the OM boosters and crootin machine operates and where they are located, and I doubt he gets beat out on many big time cruits.

Therefore, Freeze and staff will likely be forced to develop talent, and that doesn't seem like something they do up there. Mullen is the one churning out developed players to the NFL, so it shouldn't worry us.

So that should make the few teams in the SEC that lose to Ole Miss feel better. We aren't in that category, so we shouldn't be affected either way.

Statecoachingblows**
01-11-2014, 10:15 PM
My theory is Go To Hell Ole Miss. Don't got to worry anoyt the lowafers anyway. This helps us more than anything. The butthurt OM faithful would start to bitch more about the Ogre and his inside knowledge which would potentially get them to leave us the **** alone. They can chase bama all they want those bow ties will never catch the houndstooth. Our players come out better in the end than their 5*s could ever dream. Might be important to be highly recruited gods of the gridiron but at the end of the day STATE whoopin that ass ona Regular basis with grounded athletes that are GOOD HARD WORKING young men that become productive members of society makes me feel better. Knowing a guy like Banks stayed for his senior season because it was more guaranteed to provide a better life for his child makes me PROUD to be a state fan. The kids that have and are coming possess a different mindset than those up north. Nothing is given or entitled, earn it or you don't deserve it. I know this has gone off from the topic but attitude of OUR players and OUR FANS seems to be much the image OM WANTS to portray. Sadly for those douchebags what they think they are and what they really are come out to be two completely different things. OM-wannabes, let's paint our program as faith and family, but we will really be money hungry cocksuckers that skate the rules in pursuit of being something we are not...An actual winning program
MSU- workmanlike, earn what you get without excuses, we have big money people yet we don't throw it in your face, we have as many (if not more) in the league (definitely more by a current coaching staff) and we will continue to dominate your asses for the foreseeable future! Like it or not OM your old coach is coming to steal some crooks (crooks auto corrected from croots...coincidence?)! Cadaver sorry for my randomness invading your post!

bully99
01-11-2014, 10:29 PM
The OGRE has been linked to so many jobs, who knows where he ends up.

Todd4State
01-11-2014, 10:37 PM
Actually truth be told- WE'RE going to force them to develop players.

I'm not real sure how O would affect Ole Miss's recruiting to be honest with you. I would think that hire would affect LSU and USC/UCLA more than Ole Miss.

Hiring Kiffen and O would tell me that Bama wants to hit California a lot harder than they have in the past.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
01-12-2014, 02:34 AM
Doesn't Bama almost always take whoever they want from Ole Miss unless its a SP kid (or the random guy this year) anyway? How exactly does still taking the #1 class like every other year hurt Ole Miss any more than it hurts us? Honestly, they take who they want pretty much anyway as long as Saban is there, so Orgeron being there does pretty much nothing.

CadaverDawg
01-12-2014, 02:38 AM
Doesn't Bama almost always take whoever they want from Ole Miss unless its a SP kid (or the random guy this year) anyway? How exactly does still taking the #1 class like every other year hurt Ole Miss any more than it hurts us? Honestly, they take who they want pretty much anyway as long as Saban is there, so Orgeron being there does pretty much nothing.

I don't have an answer. I was really just wanting to talk about Ole Miss not developing talent. I have no defense of the overall bad premise.

Todd4State
01-12-2014, 02:50 AM

Honestly, if Alabama really wanted a player from South Panola, I'm pretty sure they could and would outbid Ole Miss if they had to. See Dwayne Rudd. They've also had a few others from there- Jeramie Griffen, who had a brother that played at Ole Miss, and our very own Deshea Townsend. Let's not forget that Tony Conner's brother briefly played for Auburn.

Todd4State
01-12-2014, 02:54 AM
I don't have an answer. I was really just wanting to talk about Ole Miss not developing talent. I have no defense of the overall bad premise.

Well, it could hurt Ole Miss in terms of players out of Memphis. I'm just not sure what and if O has contacts there still- we all know where Freeze is, plus Kiffen and O probably aren't the most welcome people in Tennessee right now. I'm sure Kiffen leaving and then O poaching their class burned some bridges for them there.

Dawg61
01-12-2014, 07:10 AM
I don't think Bama is hiring Kiffen/Oger for recruiting Cali. I think it's to try and get an even bigger advantage on Tennessee. Bama and Tennessee play each other every year. These two schools hate the **** out of each other. Kiffen/Oger know every little detail and every little secret in Knoxville. This hire has to make the Volunteers nervous and butthurt even more over Kiffen/Ogre up and leaving them overnight. One thing that has been consistent since Saban took over has been his domination over the Vols. He's 7-0 vs them as the Bama HC. Bama doesn't win NC and stay a top 5 ranked team if they lose vs UT. Ever.

Bucky Dog
01-12-2014, 09:48 AM
I still think O ends up at Lafayette after HUD goes to Vandy. Just saying.

Todd4State
01-12-2014, 10:10 AM
I don't think Bama is hiring Kiffen/Oger for recruiting Cali. I think it's to try and get an even bigger advantage on Tennessee. Bama and Tennessee play each other every year. These two schools hate the **** out of each other. Kiffen/Oger know every little detail and every little secret in Knoxville. This hire has to make the Volunteers nervous and butthurt even more over Kiffen/Ogre up and leaving them overnight. One thing that has been consistent since Saban took over has been his domination over the Vols. He's 7-0 vs them as the Bama HC. Bama doesn't win NC and stay a top 5 ranked team if they lose vs UT. Ever.

That may very well be the case, but I do think that one of the side effects whether intended or not will be them getting more players from California.

But no doubt the Kiffen move alone with or without O definitely will make Bama/Tennessee a little bit more interesting.