PDA

View Full Version : Bama loses DL coach to Texas

Coach34
01-11-2014, 07:45 PM
Chris Wilson to Bammer?

engie
01-11-2014, 07:47 PM
Calling it now...Ed Orgeron to Bammer...

Dawgowar
01-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Chris Wilson to Bammer?

TSUN Kiffin get's to move on up- what with all the NFL DL Greats he has coached - per twitter pics.

DownwardDawg
01-11-2014, 08:03 PM

You beat me to it!!!

whosyourdawgy
01-11-2014, 08:14 PM
I still can not believe Saban actually hired Kiffin to be the offensive coordinator position. Why would he want that circus to even come to town? This could start the beginning of the end to the Saban era to me. Kiffin is that much of a dumbass! How someone can suck at every job he's ever had and still land another great job afterwards is truly amazing to me. What is his career overall record as a coach? Too lazy to look it up. And if Saban brings in YA YA OGRE, the end is even more near.

dogshiek
01-11-2014, 08:23 PM
Gonna be drama in Bama

Statecoachingblows**
01-11-2014, 08:33 PM
I really didn't see Saban ever going that route. Every grain of good for any Kiffin is surpassed by the bullshit that comes with it. This will be a short lived marriage. Unless being fired brought Lane down to reality.

M.Fillmore
01-11-2014, 08:40 PM
According to a Big Bama fan I know (big as in 50 yd line 15th row season tix, not the stock boy at Dollar General) Shrek to bama is a done deal.

preachermatt83
01-11-2014, 08:59 PM
it will either be the Ogre or Chris Kiffin. You can book it.

DownwardDawg
01-11-2014, 10:17 PM
it will either be the Ogre or Chris Kiffin. You can book it.

Why would they want Chris Kiffin?

Todd4State
01-11-2014, 10:21 PM
Why would they want Chris Kiffin?

Well, he did coach Derek Burgess, Peria Jerry, Patrick Willis, and Reggie White.

Todd4State
01-11-2014, 10:32 PM
I still can not believe Saban actually hired Kiffin to be the offensive coordinator position. Why would he want that circus to even come to town? This could start the beginning of the end to the Saban era to me. Kiffin is that much of a dumbass! How someone can suck at every job he's ever had and still land another great job afterwards is truly amazing to me. What is his career overall record as a coach? Too lazy to look it up. And if Saban brings in YA YA OGRE, the end is even more near.

Because Saban is the ringmaster of the circus in Tuscaloosa- not Kiffen. Kiffen would be a bad hire as a head coach. But Saban doesn't want him as a head coach- he wants him as an OC, which he is very good at. He's good with QB's and he is a good recruiter. Remember how good USC was in 2005 when they averaged 49 points a game? Kiffen called a lot of those plays. Tennessee's offense improved when he went there, and when he first got to USC, their offense improved as well.

Saban is going to keep Kiffen under wraps- he's not going to let him talk to the media. And if Kiffen causes a problem, guess what's going to happen? The same thing that happened to Major Applewhite and Doug Nussmeir.

This wouldn't be any different than Saban hiring Croom to be his running backs coach. Croom sucked as a head coach- but he's good at coaching running backs. And it wouldn't mean that Saban would all of a sudden start punting from the 30.

Saban is putting Kiffen in a spot where he can do the things he does well- and away from the things he doesn't do so well.

Todd4State
01-11-2014, 10:39 PM

Pretty convenient timing since Orgeron was allegedly kicking the tires on the UAB job recently. Also- Lance Thompson who is Bama's OLB coach was on Kiffen's staff at Tennessee.