PDA

View Full Version : When can we expect Bear Wilson to play some?

Jacksondevildog
01-11-2014, 06:46 PM
I'm sure he will be way behind in his knowledge of our offense and defense, but he will add some athleticism and be another body that can play.

messageboardsuperhero
01-11-2014, 06:57 PM
We just desperately need someone who can give us 5 fouls, 10 minutes of energy, and rebound- Bear should be able to do that.

HoopsDawg
01-11-2014, 07:00 PM
The communication between Bear/Ray/Mullen has been weird to say the least.

Coach34
01-11-2014, 07:04 PM

Not at all

Wilson wanted a week off after football was over to rest. He got it

I figure it will take him 2 weeks to get ready to play

ShotgunDawg
01-11-2014, 07:06 PM

I'll say, truly an odd story that Bear was just chilling on the couch when Ray walked in and that Ray still hasn't talked to Mullen.

Maybe Mullen told Bear he could play basketball after he returned from Christmas break and nobody bothered to tell Ray that. IDK.

Perhaps Bear is our Forest Gump. Just kinda shows up, and is always a witness to great things.

Quaoarsking
01-11-2014, 07:12 PM
I wonder if Ray isn't telling the truth for whatever reason. I just seriously doubt Wilson showed up at the Hump without Ray's knowledge. Wouldn't someone have to let him in to the arena, locker room, etc.? Someone had to know he was supposed to be there, right?

Will James
01-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Bear has to be better than Cunningham so sooner the better.

HoopsDawg
01-11-2014, 07:15 PM
I wonder if Ray isn't telling the truth for whatever reason. I just seriously doubt Wilson showed up at the Hump without Ray's knowledge. Wouldn't someone have to let him in to the arena, locker room, etc.? Someone had to know he was supposed to be there, right?

Why would Ray lie? Yes, it's very weird that Bear just showed up in the locker room and Ray had no idea. Their only communication has been "hey Bear". And Ray and Mullen still haven't talked, that comes straight from Ray.

Dawg61
01-11-2014, 07:33 PM

Sorry I missed this. Can someone link this story please? Sounds like Ray is so bad at recruiting he can't even recruit the players on his own basketball team. Haha wtf

Coach34
01-11-2014, 07:36 PM
What am I missing?

Wilson wanted a week off after football. He took it.
Ray wasnt taking a player that had never practiced to Lexington.
Wilson dresses with the team today

There is no big conspiracy

smootness
01-11-2014, 07:41 PM
What am I missing?

Wilson wanted a week off after football. He took it.
Ray wasnt taking a player that had never practiced to Lexington.
Wilson dresses with the team today

There is no big conspiracy

Yeah, I don't get it, either.

sbcmortgageman
01-11-2014, 07:49 PM
I seriously doubt that Ray and Mullen haven't spoken. Dunno why Ray would say that just seems too odd.

Quaoarsking
01-11-2014, 07:50 PM
Michael Bonner tweet from about an hour ago: "Ray still says he doesn't know about De'Runnay Wilson's status. Hasn't talked to Dan. Said Wilson just showed up in locker room."

Bob Carskadon tweet: "Rick Ray says "I don't know the status" of De'Runnya Wilson. "I walked in before the game and Bear was there." Surprised him to see Wilson."

I don't mean to call our coach a liar, but that just doesn't sound right. If Wilson actually showed up having never talked to anyone, would we let him sit on the bench, dress, warm up, etc.? Perhaps Ray is covering for someone/something? If so, I should probably drop this and delete my posts.

Dawg61
01-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Hahaha WHAT THE ****!!! Good gawd

MSUDawg4Life
01-11-2014, 08:08 PM
Michael Bonner tweet from about an hour ago: "Ray still says he doesn't know about De'Runnay Wilson's status. Hasn't talked to Dan. Said Wilson just showed up in locker room."

Bob Carskadon tweet: "Rick Ray says "I don't know the status" of De'Runnya Wilson. "I walked in before the game and Bear was there." Surprised him to see Wilson."

I don't mean to call our coach a liar, but that just doesn't sound right. If Wilson actually showed up having never talked to anyone, would we let him sit on the bench, dress, warm up, etc.? Perhaps Ray is covering for someone/something? If so, I should probably drop this and delete my posts.

What would you have done? Told Bear to go home?

The kid took a week off after the bowl. They are just getting back to campus. I think there's nothing strange about what Bear did or what Rick Ray said.

You're trying to make a mountain out of ... nothing. Not a molehill, nothing.

Quaoarsking
01-11-2014, 08:35 PM
What would you have done? Told Bear to go home?

The kid took a week off after the bowl. They are just getting back to campus. I think there's nothing strange about what Bear did or what Rick Ray said.

You're trying to make a mountain out of ... nothing. Not a molehill, nothing.

I'm doing nothing of the sort. I've always been one of the biggest Ray supporters on the board, and I'm 100% behind De'Runnya playing basketball if he wants to. I just think it's extremely bizarre if Ray is telling the truth, both Wilson's and Ray's actions.

Dawg61
01-11-2014, 08:40 PM
Quite the opposite. How does a head coach not have a conversation with a player for almost an entire YEAR?!!? Is it too much to ask an assistant to touch base through a simple text? What the **** do they do all day besides during practice? They sure as shit aren't recruiting.

The Croom Diaries
01-11-2014, 09:05 PM
So twice over a two week span Ray is blind-sided by a subtraction and addition to his roster. Weird, but whatever.

sbcmortgageman
01-12-2014, 07:38 AM
So twice over a two week span Ray is blind-sided by a subtraction and addition to his roster. Weird, but whatever.

Yep not buying Ray's response on this one.

ScottH
01-12-2014, 09:04 AM
Did Wilson sit on the bench during the game?

msstate7
01-12-2014, 10:43 AM
Did Wilson sit on the bench during the game?

If so, did he have a personalized jersey?