PDA

View Full Version : Rick Ray moves to 2-1 vs Ole Miss

Coach34
01-11-2014, 06:13 PM
good win today

HailState39110
01-11-2014, 06:18 PM
Awesome. With Ray now 2-1 and Stan's 21-8 record vs the bears, I think it's safe to say we pretty much own them in bball

Coach34
01-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Awesome. With Ray now 2-1 and Stan's 21-8 record vs the bears, I think it's safe to say we pretty much own them in bball

I think Williams did well against them also

HailState39110
01-11-2014, 06:23 PM
I wonder what the record is I'm last 50 meetings ? 23-9 with our previous two coaches and then if you add the Richard Williams 94 and 95 teams I would think we hold a pretty nice advantage on them

messageboardsuperhero
01-11-2014, 06:29 PM
We beat that ass on a very regular basis- no doubt about it.

What's funny is we've had two of our worst teams ever against two of their best in years, and we still have a 2-1 advantage. They blow at basketball.

MarketingBully01
01-11-2014, 08:05 PM
I agree good win. When we switched to man to man in the final minute they didn't score whatsoever and we were able to block out and get a rebound. Ole Miss wasn't that more talented then us. We do have some deficiencies (like no consistent shooter and no depth in the post) but we do have some pieces to compete in the SEC. Sword, Ready, Ware, Borchert are great players. If we can get Thomas to gain some confidence, we have a very competitive starting five in a shitty SEC. Johnson is a very solid role player we can bring off the bench and I was hoping Bloodman and Davis would give us better minutes. Cunningham should not play any minutes whatsoever. Having Bear Wilson to put at the 4 will be huge. I think 7-9 wins should be possible in the SEC.

I disagree with C34 and Cadaver that Ole Miss is lights out more talented then us. They took advantage of our scoring drought and the fact we are not a consistently good shooting team. We need a big time go to scorer. Sword could be that but he can't hit anything on the perimeter. If he can develop a 15 foot jump shot and be a consistently better FT shooter (70%), he could be that guy. We are getting pieces. We are not as far away as some of you guys think.

Political Hack
01-11-2014, 08:14 PM
I'm not happy with where the program is right now, and we're still light years ahead of OM. That's an embarrassment of a program. they should just stop playing.

drugs, racial crap from their coach, drugs, showboating, arrest, fights, drugs, leaky gyms.

Seriously, there are 1A private schools in BFE Mississippi that have never had a rain delay for a basketball game.

engie
01-11-2014, 08:25 PM
By my count, Williams went 13-11 against Ole Miss. So, it was far from the total domination under him that it became under Stans... Definitely owe Stansbury credit for that...

Coach34
01-11-2014, 08:37 PM
By my count, Williams went 13-11 against Ole Miss. So, it was far from the total domination under him that it became under Stans... Definitely owe Stansbury credit for that...

Williams took over a program that had lost to Delta State.
They also had some of their best years under Rob Evans while Williams coached

engie
01-11-2014, 08:44 PM
Williams' last 2 years is what hurt his "dominance" the most... was 1-3 against them in 97 and 98. Was 4-4 against them the first 4 years before he got it rolling in 91...

CadaverDawg
01-11-2014, 09:29 PM
I agree good win. When we switched to man to man in the final minute they didn't score whatsoever and we were able to block out and get a rebound. Ole Miss wasn't that more talented then us. We do have some deficiencies (like no consistent shooter and no depth in the post) but we do have some pieces to compete in the SEC. Sword, Ready, Ware, Borchert are great players. If we can get Thomas to gain some confidence, we have a very competitive starting five in a shitty SEC. Johnson is a very solid role player we can bring off the bench and I was hoping Bloodman and Davis would give us better minutes. Cunningham should not play any minutes whatsoever. Having Bear Wilson to put at the 4 will be huge. I think 7-9 wins should be possible in the SEC.

I disagree with C34 and Cadaver that Ole Miss is lights out more talented then us. They took advantage of our scoring drought and the fact we are not a consistently good shooting team. We need a big time go to scorer. Sword could be that but he can't hit anything on the perimeter. If he can develop a 15 foot jump shot and be a consistently better FT shooter (70%), he could be that guy. We are getting pieces. We are not as far away as some of you guys think.

Coach and Cadaver didn't say Ole miss was "lights out more talented". Coach and Cadaver said you were nuts for saying they "are not more talented than us". And I totally stand by that, and my guess is that Coach does too.

If you don't think Ole miss had more talent on that court than us today, you're blind. However, I look at it as a positive, because even with less talent and our best player going 0-fer from the field...we beat one of their better teams with one of their best coaches. Meaning Ray out-coached the cabbie crusher yet again.

Just wanted to clear that up.

whosyourdawgy
01-11-2014, 09:59 PM
This is not one of the Rebs better teams. Last years team was much better than this one. We have no inside presence, but while they have several big men, they all suck. They do get some blocks but not like Buckner and none of them have any inside game at all. Jarvis Summers has improved and playing really good basketball. Millinghouse is a pretty dang good little pg too. And whatever his real name is "Snoop" White is a good player that gets streaky. If the coke head had played today, Summers wouldn't have played the game he did. Instead the coke head would've taken probably 10 of his shots away from him. I really wish he'd played and we still beat them. I hate for them to even have an excuse for us beating them. But they have one now

CadaverDawg
01-11-2014, 10:04 PM
This is not one of the Rebs better teams. Last years team was much better than this one. We have no inside presence, but while they have several big men, they all suck. They do get some blocks but not like Buckner and none of them have any inside game at all. Jarvis Summers has improved and playing really good basketball. Millinghouse is a pretty dang good little pg too. And whatever his real name is "Snoop" White is a good player that gets streaky. If the coke head had played today, Summers wouldn't have played the game he did. Instead the coke head would've taken probably 10 of his shots away from him. I really wish he'd played and we still beat them. I hate for them to even have an excuse for us beating them. But they have one now

True, but they don't have a history of many good teams...so this can still be one of their "better teams". Definitely not as good as last year's.

MarketingBully01
01-11-2014, 10:13 PM
Cadaver, this is a direct quote from C34.

"OM is so much more talented than us- the fact we are ahead is amazing"

Lights out and so much more talented then us is the same thing. You might not have said this but C34 did. My point is they are not and at best sligthly more talented then us when they have Henderson. To me, the talent level was pretty even except when we had players like Cunningham on the floor. Shit if Borchert and Thomas would have continued to hit shots we would have blown them out.

Hitting layups you get because no one blocked you out does not make you more talented then the other team. It just means we don't block out and give up a ton of second chance points. But it does say a lot that we overcame it and wound up beating them anyway. Ole Miss is not upper echelon of the SEC though.

engie
01-11-2014, 10:22 PM
They are FAR more talented than us. You are kidding yourself to think otherwise. We outhustled and outgameplanned them all game.

"Not upper eschelon of the SEC"? How the hell do you define that? As of right now, they have the 6th best RPI in conference BARELY behind LSU. I'd be happy to bet you that they finish in the top half of the league. They may not be "elite" -- but they are certainly "better" than we are overall.

MarketingBully01
01-11-2014, 10:34 PM
Based on what Engie? Let's dig up recruiting stars on both teams. I gotta see this...

engie
01-11-2014, 10:39 PM
Based on what Engie? Let's dig up recruiting stars on both teams. I gotta see this...

There is virtually no way you can possibly be this dense...

So, you think MSU currently has top 5 talent in the SEC?

MarketingBully01
01-11-2014, 10:46 PM
Ole Miss doesn't have top five talent. I think we have middle of the pack talent in the SEC of course the SEC sucks so it doesn't say much. We are missing a Steele and a Lewis from being a consistent middle of the pack SEC team . Aside from Kentucky and Florida, the rest of the SEC sucks tremendously. Top five talent in the SEC isn't saying much. But you still didn't answer the question regarding Ole Miss. The highest star player they have on their team is a 3 star. Ware was considered a 4 star from most publications.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
01-11-2014, 10:47 PM
We've now won 15 out of the last 16 against Ole Miss at the Hump.

MarketingBully01
01-11-2014, 10:55 PM
Oh and with losing to us I doubt they are still sixth in RPI. I bet that takes a huge hit...

engie
01-11-2014, 11:05 PM
Oh and with losing to us I doubt they are still sixth in RPI. I bet that takes a huge hit...

You OBVIOUSLY understand RPI about as well as you evaluate basketball talent**

Here's what it was after the game today.
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20140112-bdek-17kb.jpg

Here's what it was prior to the game today.
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12222/m_20140112-rx7y-9kb.jpg

CadaverDawg
01-11-2014, 11:05 PM
Dear Lord. You kill me, man. You are discussing talent on a team that plays a walk on significant minutes. Our best player was 0fer today. Good grief. This isn't even a debate. We have the worst talent in the league, much less Ole miss.

Shows how great they scrapped today though, and how solid our coach is. If Ray gets more talent, watch out. He could make Stricklin look like a genius

messageboardsuperhero
01-11-2014, 11:18 PM
Ole Miss doesn't have top five talent. I think we have middle of the pack talent in the SEC of course the SEC sucks so it doesn't say much. We are missing a Steele and a Lewis from being a consistent middle of the pack SEC team . Aside from Kentucky and Florida, the rest of the SEC sucks tremendously. Top five talent in the SEC isn't saying much. But you still didn't answer the question regarding Ole Miss. The highest star player they have on their team is a 3 star. Ware was considered a 4 star from most publications.

You aren't accounting for the fact that we have a whopping 8 scholarship players.

To say that we have "middle of the pack" SEC talent is just a little crazy. The fact that Cunningham gets significant minutes is proof that we don't have the horses yet- particularly on the interior. Ware is solid, but we have NO true big men after him. We also desperately need a shooter.

ETA: Put Lewis and Steele on this team and we make the NIT easily.

Coach34
01-12-2014, 12:35 AM
I know I may offend you when I say this- but saying we have "middle of the pack" SEC talent is Sylvester and Woody coaching offense dumb

MarketingBully01
01-12-2014, 01:05 AM
Okay guys I get it. You don't think we have any talent and you think Ole Miss has a lot of talent. Listen, we do have some amount of talent. We have pieces. Do we have a ton of talent? No. Are we the least talented in the SEC? Hell no. We are a middle of the pack SEC team.

That core of talent that Stansberry recruited and Ray held on to is why we could end up in the middle of the pack. Sword, Ware, Thomas, Borchert, and Roc Johnson all contributed to today's win. IJ Ready IMO is going to end up being a great player for us. Six of the eight scholarship players could start for the lower echelon of the conference. We are not the worst team in the SEC. We are more likely in the 8-11 pack of the conference and also have as much talent as that group as well.

To me the teams that have more talent then us in the SEC are: Kentucky, Florida, LSU, Missouri, Arkansas, Alabama, and Tennessee. We match up talent wise with everyone else. Now will we beat those other teams on the road? Not sure but from what I listed out there it's about half the conference. We are in a shitty conference and since Missouri seems to be spiraling out of control will probably be a two bid league. I will leave it at this.

SDDawg
01-12-2014, 01:18 AM
On talent, I'll just say this: if you look at everyone we dress from top to bottom (excluding redshirts) and compare to other SEC teams, it's quite possible we have the least amount of talent in the league. I like our guys, but we have too few of them. That's not a controversial statement.

I also think it's time to say this: too many people are sleeping on Rick Ray. He is the real deal and he has proven it. He will very likely take this patchwork team and find a way to have a winning season. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that this team could reach the NIT this year. I don't expect that, but it's definitely a real possibility. To say that Ray is exceeding expectations is a huge understatement. He has taken a dumpster fire and found a way to put it out and compete. This can be a NCAAT team in 2 years, I don't have any doubt about it. I'm incredibly bullish on Ray.

MarketingBully01
01-12-2014, 01:28 AM
This isn't the ACC. If we were in a good conference, I would agree with you guys. The SEC sucks. I think you guys are confusing this league with what it was in the past. Georgia, Auburn, and South Carolina (11-14) are possibly three of the worst teams overall in the country and make up our bottom tier. Saying we are a middle of the pack team in the SEC is saying we suck already. Shit think about this. Even Vandy is now down to 6 or 7 scholarship players. This is a shitty shifty conference. We are practically a two bid league. That is my entire point. I would compare the SEC in basketball to AAC in football. It's that bad.

(Changed to AAC because Florida and Kentucky are good teams but 4-14 are Conference USA level.)

MarketingBully01
01-12-2014, 01:32 AM
Cunningham got 20 minutes last year a game. He is now getting only 9 minutes a game and only got four today but I get your point. We need to get that number to 0 and only play him in mop up minutes. He really shouldn't be getting any. The fact that Davis hasn't been more of a factor is disappointing. He should be better then Bloodman and was higher rated then him.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
01-12-2014, 02:15 AM
This isn't the ACC. If we were in a good conference, I would agree with you guys. The SEC sucks. I think you guys are confusing this league with what it was in the past. Georgia, Auburn, and South Carolina (11-14) are possibly three of the worst teams overall in the country and make up our bottom tier. Saying we are a middle of the pack team in the SEC is saying we suck already. Shit think about this. Even Vandy is now down to 6 or 7 scholarship players. This is a shitty shifty conference. We are practically a two bid league. That is my entire point. I would compare the SEC in basketball to AAC in football. It's that bad.

(Changed to AAC because Florida and Kentucky are good teams but 4-14 are Conference USA level.)

zHoly shit. You are so far away from having any idea of what you are talking about in this thread that I'd rather listen to Houston Nutt tell me who is going to win the the Winter Olympic Luge competition. You so obviously want to say we have GREAT talent so that you can talk shit later on this season. News flash - most of these posters you are talking shit to are usually on the complete opposite end of the spectrum from my view of things, but your idea that Ole Miss' 4 stars aren't more talented than our makeshift team is so much wishful thinking that you must be on some strong shit. Remember, it's puff puff PASS, not hog that shit for yourself, you selfish bastard.

Ole Miss is absolutely more talented than we are. I hope Ray fixes that soon, but in the meantime, I'm not that worried (and I've posted this for years) because Kennedy is a ****ing terrible coach.

CadaverDawg
01-12-2014, 02:36 AM

I just got dumber for reading this. When tweeder can't even find a way to disagree with the majority...well...you get it. Just stop.

MarketingBully01
01-12-2014, 03:33 AM
Good one Cadaver. I have not attacked anyone in this thread whatsoever just disagreed with you guys regarding the fact that we have little talent and Ole Miss is miles ahead of us. Love this discourse. It is really mature. I am not trying to set it up so I can bitch later either. I am just stating that Ray has more to work with then most of you guys think he does. And as far as Ole Miss having a ton of four stars on their basketball team guess what Tweeder, they have one and he comes off the bench and doesn't start...Ole Miss is not as talented as you guys think they are as well. Let's just call it a day that we disagree with each other and avoid the name calling because I never attacked you guys. This will be the last post I have on this so you will not have to get "dumber" on my account.

bluelightstar
01-12-2014, 04:26 AM
Ole Miss might finish in the top half of the league, but in the grand scheme of things, finishing in the top half of the SEC tends to mean you are still shitty.

engie
01-12-2014, 07:42 AM
Ole Miss might finish in the top half of the league, but in the grand scheme of things, finishing in the top half of the SEC tends to mean you are still shitty.

I'm shocked by this take**

NIT lock that entered the year with and still has NCAA tourney aspirations = "shitty". Learn more every day**

Was the Ole Miss team we took apart last year also "shitty"? SURELY we were more talented then too, right?

MetEdDawg
01-12-2014, 08:06 AM
That Ole Miss team is going to finish with more wins in conference than us, finish with more wins overall, probably go to the NIT, and finish in the top 4 or 5 in the conference. What part of that makes anyone think they are not better than us? Screw how tough the conference is. That has no bearing as to how impressive it is that they are better than us. Point is that they are and if you question that, you have no clue about basketball. They are a good basketball team and there is a reason they started yesterday 100 RPI places ahead of us. They had the same record we did against a SOS that was 200 places better than ours.

Now that doesn't mean we have a shitty team. We have some really good pieces and that's obvious. But any time Tyson Cunningham and Tevin Moore have to play basketball for your team, you don't have the horses to say you are better than a team like Ole Miss who just got done going to the 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament and will likely go to the NIT while we sit at home. It's ok to be a homer and want to pump up MSU and make us look better. But you have to be objective about these kind of things. We are better coached but not as talented plain and simple.

Dawg61
01-12-2014, 08:40 AM
This thread is full of fail. Ole Miss didn't have their best basketball player yesterday and we beat them barely at home with the refs swallowing the whistle twice in our favor when the game was within a basket. Let's not get carried away on either sides of the spectrum here. We have 5 SEC caliber players on our team. Sword, Ware, Roq, Ready, and Borchert. At times Bloodman too. That's 6 players. Stans gets credit for 4 of those names. That's not good. However you can only have 5 players on the floor at one time so about 30 minutes of each game MSU is middle of the pack in the SEC talent wise. The other 10 minutes when MSU has to play Thomas, Davis, Moore, Cunningham and the bad version of Bloodman we quickly become the worst or close to the worst team talent wise in the SEC.

SDDawg
01-12-2014, 12:01 PM
IF I take my maroon glasses off (which I rarely do), it's clear to me that Ole Miss is just a bad basketball team. That said, I'm not sure that we won't beat them at the Tad this year. They're a typical Ole Miss team, undisciplined and failing to live up to what talent they have. We might finish even with OM in league play this year, wouldn't be surprised at all. Neither of the teams is very good though but I like our hustle and our coach much better.

tcdog70
01-12-2014, 12:56 PM
This thread is full of fail. Ole Miss didn't have their best basketball player yesterday and we beat them barely at home with the refs swallowing the whistle twice in our favor when the game was within a basket. Let's not get carried away on either sides of the spectrum here. We have 5 SEC caliber players on our team. Sword, Ware, Roq, Ready, and Borchert. At times Bloodman too. That's 6 players. Stans gets credit for 4 of those names. That's not good. However you can only have 5 players on the floor at one time so about 30 minutes of each game MSU is middle of the pack in the SEC talent wise. The other 10 minutes when MSU has to play Thomas, Davis, Moore, Cunningham and the bad

version of Bloodman we quickly become the worst or close to the worst team talent wise in the SEC.

Agree, you are spot on. I think the new way that fouls are called is a boost to the Chicken. he can drive to the basket and draw fouls that were not called last year. If He can shoot 70% from the free throw line He will be an elite player. Also Johnson has the ability to get fouled. Borchert is a great free throw shooter, We need to get Him to the line. We can't rebound very well but make up for SOME of that by getting steals. We might be better that I first thought and Ill give Ray an "Atta Boy" for a good Coaching job.

bluelightstar
01-12-2014, 12:57 PM
IF I take my maroon glasses off (which I rarely do), it's clear to me that Ole Miss is just a bad basketball team. That said, I'm not sure that we won't beat them at the Tad this year. They're a typical Ole Miss team, undisciplined and failing to live up to what talent they have. We might finish even with OM in league play this year, wouldn't be surprised at all. Neither of the teams is very good though but I like our hustle and our coach much better.

This guy gets it. Ole Miss is more talented than us, but they are not a great, or even a good, basketball team. Take the win for what it is was: a very good win over a rival that is more talented than us. But we did not just beat an outstanding team: they've already lost to Dayton and Mercer.

I'm shocked by this take**

NIT lock that entered the year with and still has NCAA tourney aspirations = "shitty". Learn more every day**

Was the Ole Miss team we took apart last year also "shitty"? SURELY we were more talented then too, right?

Find where I've ever said we were more talented than Ole Miss. You can't, because you're creating straw men like you LOVE to accuse other posters of doing. And yes, Ole Miss is a shitty team this year. How is that even debatable? Hell, the whole damn conference is mostly shitty teams. And last year's Ole Miss team was a good basketball team. Are you saying this year's Ole Miss team can even hold that team's jock strap?

engie
01-12-2014, 01:26 PM
And yes, Ole Miss is a shitty team this year. How is that even debatable? Hell, the whole damn conference is mostly shitty teams. And last year's Ole Miss team was a good basketball team. Are you saying this year's Ole Miss team can even hold that team's jock strap?

NIT-bound teams are "shitty" now? This year's Ole Miss team is an NIT team -- exactly like their team last year was ALL THE WAY UNTIL THEY WON THE DAMN SEC TOURNAMENT. You have VERY selective memory on this shit.

OM week 10 RPI 2012 - 63
OM week 10 RPI 2013 - 78

Difference is obviously night and day**

A top 100 win is a top 100 win -- and it's not outside the realm of possibility that it ends up being a top 50 win. There are no "shitty" teams in top 20% of college basketball.

bluelightstar
01-12-2014, 03:29 PM
NIT-bound teams are "shitty" now? This year's Ole Miss team is an NIT team -- exactly like their team last year was ALL THE WAY UNTIL THEY WON THE DAMN SEC TOURNAMENT. You have VERY selective memory on this shit.

OM week 10 RPI 2012 - 63
OM week 10 RPI 2013 - 78

Difference is obviously night and day**

A top 100 win is a top 100 win -- and it's not outside the realm of possibility that it ends up being a top 50 win. There are no "shitty" teams in top 20% of college basketball.

As I recall, that team went on a roll after the loss to us. Winning the SEC Tournament is NOT what made them a "not shitty team." But seriously, if we're going to debate that THIS YEAR'S OLE MISS TEAM is a very good team, we're going to agree to disagree. Because they are not.

messageboardsuperhero
01-12-2014, 03:34 PM
As I recall, that team went on a roll after the loss to us. Winning the SEC Tournament is NOT what made them a "not shitty team." But seriously, if we're going to debate that THIS YEAR'S OLE MISS TEAM is a very good team, we're going to agree to disagree. Because they are not.

I don't think anyone said UM is "very good" this year- but they aren't shitty either, as you say they are.

UM is a solid NIT team that is certainly more talented than we are right now.

Coach34
01-12-2014, 03:43 PM

THIS all day. Not sure what the commotion is past this.

They are more talented than we are- even without the Cokehead
We were at home and played our ass off.
Our HC outcoached their HC

Moving on to to Bama now

MarketingBully01
01-12-2014, 03:45 PM
The version we played would not be an NIT team unless they had Henderson. We had close to equal talent with the team we played yesterday. Adding Henderson would be like us adding Rodney Hood. He would have made the difference in elevating us to an NIT team. Get the difference?

This whole thread has spiraled out of control and continued to spiral. Henderson is the reason they had such a high RPI. If they didn't have Henderson on that team this year, that RPI goes into the shitter because they don't have as good of a record.

The amazing thing was us beating them last year at the Hump with Holliway Buckner and Henderson. Us beating them in the Hump without those players not amazing. I love when you guys give Henderson RPIs records and what not when Henderson didn't even play yesterday and you still say they have tons more talent then us without Henderson. Henderson makes them an NIT team. Without him, they are not.

CadaverDawg
01-12-2014, 03:46 PM
I don't think anyone said UM is "very good" this year- but they aren't shitty either, as you say they are.

Yep. It is so funny to me how people will change their own words around when they realize they are losing an argument. Not picking on anyone in particular, just seeing people say "OM is a shitty team" one post, and a few posts later saying "OM is not a 'really' good team". Or, "OM doesn't have more talent than us", to "I disagree that OM has tons more talent". It is so obvious to those of us in the actual discussion that your words are changing, yet you think you can slowly change your stance without us all knowing it. It makes me chuckle.

CadaverDawg
01-12-2014, 03:47 PM
The version we played would not be an NIT team unless they had Henderson. We had close to equal talent with the team we played yesterday. Adding Henderson would be like us adding Rodney Hood. He would have made the difference in elevating us to an NIT team. Get the difference?

This whole thread has spiraled out of control and continued to spiral. Henderson is the reason they had such a high RPI. If they didn't have Henderson on that team this year, that RPI goes into the shitter because they don't have as good of a record.

The amazing thing was us beating them last year at the Hump with Holliway Buckner and Henderson. Us beating them in the Hump without those players not amazing. I love when you guys give Henderson RPIs records and what not when Henderson didn't even play yesterday and you still say they have tons more talent then us without Henderson. Henderson makes them an NIT team. Without him, they are not.

Hood= 1st round talent....Henderson= coke head that will likely never play in the league.

Looks like you just keep making your points worse

CadaverDawg
01-12-2014, 03:49 PM
THIS all day. Not sure what the commotion is past this.

They are more talented than we are- even without the Cokehead
We were at home and played our ass off.
Our HC outcoached their HC

Moving on to to Bama now

Exactly. I don't really understand why people would argue it even if it weren't 1000% true like it is...because them being more talented only makes us look better for beating them. The arguments against this logic leave me scratching my head and wondering what planet I'm on.

MarketingBully01
01-12-2014, 04:04 PM
Would adding Hood make us an NIT team? Yes. Nothing unfactual about that. When I said equals I meant adding Henderson who is their best player makes them an NIT team. Yes, I know Hood is a much better player then Henderson and will be a first round draft pick. I am sure someone possibly will take a chance on Henderson in the second round but maybe not with his known issues.

messageboardsuperhero
01-12-2014, 04:25 PM

You did not just compare Marshall Henderson to Rodney Hood...

http://www.scoopwhoop.com/uploads/image/17201412000021404612aunty9.gif

ETA: And anyone who has watched them play this year knows that Summers is the guy that makes them go- not Henderson.

bluelightstar
01-12-2014, 05:55 PM
Yep. It is so funny to me how people will change their own words around when they realize they are losing an argument. Not picking on anyone in particular, just seeing people say "OM is a shitty team" one post, and a few posts later saying "OM is not a 'really' good team". Or, "OM doesn't have more talent than us", to "I disagree that OM has tons more talent". It is so obvious to those of us in the actual discussion that your words are changing, yet you think you can slowly change your stance without us all knowing it. It makes me chuckle.

YOu are wrong. I am not changing my stance, and I'm not sure you are reading my posts. Ole Miss is a "shitty" team: they already have lost to two not very good mid-majors. At home. In fact, what I suspect you are doing is conflating multiple people's posts and trying to argue against that. I have not disputed Ole Miss is more talented than us; we are not a very talented team. But Ole Miss, in my opinion, is a shitty team (like most of the SEC is). And I am not changing my opinion or my post: Ole Miss was a shitty team in post 1, and they are a shitty team in post 5.

I will say that I believe we beat a team that is better than us, and I have not been one of the people jumping down his throat for not having us as a Top 20 team in Year 2.

CadaverDawg
01-12-2014, 06:09 PM
YOu are wrong. I am not changing my stance, and I'm not sure you are reading my posts. Ole Miss is a "shitty" team: they already have lost to two not very good mid-majors. At home. In fact, what I suspect you are doing is conflating multiple people's posts and trying to argue against that. I have not disputed Ole Miss is more talented than us; we are not a very talented team. But Ole Miss, in my opinion, is a shitty team (like most of the SEC is). And I am not changing my opinion or my post: Ole Miss was a shitty team in post 1, and they are a shitty team in post 5.

I will say that I believe we beat a team that is better than us, and I have not been one of the people jumping down his throat for not having us as a Top 20 team in Year 2.

I never said a single thing about you. But YOU are wrong. Ole Miss is not a great team, but they are not a shitty team. You can say it all you want, but that doesn't make you right. It's a dumb debate because it is so obvious. Again, I never referred to you. I just cited examples of crawfish ing and changing words in previous posts I've seen on here. You must be one of those people to get so offended.

HailState39110
01-12-2014, 06:10 PM
We have beaten two teams better than us - Ole Miss & South Florida.We have lost to one team who we should have beaten - TCU. Ray is +1 in my book

bluelightstar
01-12-2014, 08:18 PM
I never said a single thing about you. But YOU are wrong. Ole Miss is not a great team, but they are not a shitty team. You can say it all you want, but that doesn't make you right. It's a dumb debate because it is so obvious. Again, I never referred to you. I just cited examples of crawfish ing and changing words in previous posts I've seen on here. You must be one of those people to get so offended.

Well, considering your very first example was literally two posts I made, I assumed it would be better if I explained that was not crawfishing. But we will have to disagree on this. Maybe "shitty" is too strong a word, but I don't think Ole Miss is very good, or even good at all. But since we are all agreeing that we beat a team that is better than us, and we all like Ray, let's stop dividing the fan base over the use of semantics. I'm guilty of it as well.

Coach34
01-12-2014, 08:24 PM
ok guys- we're gonna move onto Bammer