PDA

View Full Version : Kiffin to Bama as OC

Tough Dawg
01-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Great hire IMO.

Dawgowar
01-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Great hire IMO.

"Take Your Washed Up Dad Old Coach to Work For A Season" program for his staff. Every time I see ol' Monte wearing his hat OPA Croom Style I think of 'Old School' - "Blue! You're my boy blue!" Seriously good move for Kiffin to perhaps learn how to not act like an immature twit and accomplish something.

Todd4State
01-10-2014, 05:47 PM
I think he was a bad head coach, but I also think he is a really good OC and a good developer of QB's. He also has a reputation as a good recruiter as well.

So, while many may disagree with you because Kiffen is a jerk, I agree with you.

Todd4State
01-10-2014, 05:49 PM
"Take Your Washed Up Dad Old Coach to Work For A Season" program for his staff. Every time I see ol' Monte wearing his hat OPA Croom Style I think of 'Old School' - "Blue! You're my boy blue!" Seriously good move for Kiffin to perhaps learn how to not act like an immature twit and accomplish something.

Monte would be a position coach at best under Saban. That defense is Saban's baby.

Tough Dawg
01-10-2014, 05:57 PM
He's really back at the job level where all the value started with him. The adjustment now has to be not being in the spotlight and making CEO level decisions. Can he handle that at this point in his life? I think working under a no-nonsense guy like Saban will help. This will be the part to watch. Can he take a back seat and just do his job? We will see. Great offensive mind though especially with the level of talent at AL.

Coach34
01-10-2014, 06:29 PM
Color me not worried- he damn sure is no better than the last 2 Saban has had

Goat Holder
01-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Fantastic hire IMO. Lights out recruiter and his offensive skillz ain't half bad either. He also says he want to do a little hurry up.

I never understood the Kiffin hate, at least in regards to his coaching. I thought he did a good job at Tennessee and had loads of talent ready to play up there. The only reason a lot of those guys left is because HE left. Then this manufactured 'dumpster fire' was labeled as Kiffin's doing. Nonsense. And ANYBODY was going to fail at USC. That's the sole reason USC hired Kiffin, they knew he was star-struck enough to take the job while on probation....but they also knew he'd recruit lights out while he was failing.

He'll succeed at Alabama, then he'll get another HC job somewhere, and he'll succeed there too. All he lacks is a little maturing and growing more 'wise'. We can say a lot of the same things about Mullen.

Dawg61
01-10-2014, 06:53 PM
The only job Monte will have next is to set up a tee time whenever he wakes up.

bluelightstar
01-10-2014, 07:02 PM
Kiffin will be fine.

Dawgfan77
01-10-2014, 07:28 PM
Kiffen as OC outstanding Kiffen as HC dumpster fire

Political Hack
01-10-2014, 07:36 PM
color me shocked.

dogshiek
01-10-2014, 08:21 PM
Kiffin and Saban are a match made in heaven. Like thunder and lightening. Saban is going to regret hiring this nattering nabob.

dawgs
01-10-2014, 08:23 PM
he seems like a bit too much of a spotlight kinda guy and too likely to stir the pot to fit in on a saban staff. just imo.

ScottH
01-11-2014, 04:29 AM
I just don't see it ending well.