PDA

View Full Version : Tikka T3

SpeckleDawg
01-10-2014, 04:01 PM
Does anyone here own one of these or have any review of one? I bow hunt about 90% of the time now, but have had a serious itch to buy a new rifle and really like the looks of these. I have a .270 that I occasionally hunt with, but would like something that could be more adequate for elk, etc. one day. They make this rifle in a .300 win mag, which is the one I have been eying. I've been having a hard time convincing myself that I don't need one.

WeWillScrewItUp
01-10-2014, 05:01 PM
A guy I work with has a Tikka T3 in a .300 WSM. He says it's the best rifle he has ever shot. I am looking at them myself right now. Between looking at different rifles and trying decide on what scope I would like to pair with it I have been doing a lot of internet browsing and review reading.

Offshore Dawg
01-10-2014, 05:14 PM
I have a LH Tikka T3 lite stainless in 300 WSM. LOVE it, Very accurate 1/2" at 100 yds. I Use the warne T3 mounts with a 4.5 X 14 Leupold VX3 with CDS The load in Winchester 150 & 180 XP3
The gun is fine buy it, I plan on getting another in 7-08.

SpeckleDawg
01-10-2014, 08:05 PM
Y'all sure know how to make someone want to spend some money! Thanks for the input guys. Sounds like a good choice. I like that Leupold as well. Glass will be a whole new tough decision for me.

Offshore Dawg
01-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Remember if you can't see it you can't hit it. Some of the scopes I have mounted cost more than the rifles they are on. I use Swarovski, and Zeiss scopes on my mountain rifles. However the Leupold VX-3 is as good as you can get for the money. I also like the Nikon Monarch, and last but far from least use good mounts.