PDA

View Full Version : Not so surprising news... T.D. Moton has decommitted, per Twitter...

HancockCountyDog
01-10-2014, 11:36 AM
Im sure we are still in the hunt, so hopefully our fan base won't go full retard.

RougeDawg
01-10-2014, 11:41 AM
Who are the other schools targeting him?

Westdawg
01-10-2014, 11:41 AM
L. S. U.

Bothrops
01-10-2014, 11:42 AM
I image LSU will be at least a finalist.

Big4Dawg
01-10-2014, 11:42 AM
Everyone pretty much

maroonmania
01-10-2014, 11:43 AM
Im sure we are still in the hunt, so hopefully our fan base won't go full retard.

Oh well, I won't hold my breath on him. Don't know of a single recruit that has formally decommitted to us that came back on board under Mullen. We knew when he committed that the LSU influences were going to bombard him pretty heavy.

smootness
01-10-2014, 11:43 AM
Yep, probably committed too quickly, was on a high from his visit.

That's ok, most of us weren't counting on him and based on his comments on twitter, we're definitely still in it.

Big4Dawg
01-10-2014, 11:44 AM
TD Moton ‏@tdmoton_ 15h
I did some I didn't mean in the heat of the moment....

TheRef
01-10-2014, 11:44 AM
Per Twitter, schools interested are FSU, Bama, UGA, and others.

dawgclub99
01-10-2014, 11:46 AM
It will be hard keeping Louisiana recruits if LSU comes calling.

HancockCountyDog
01-10-2014, 11:50 AM
Who are the other schools targeting him?

LSU, Bama, probably TX A&M. Kid is a national prospect. I really hope the coaching staff keeps after him all the way until the end. He is the type of recruit that can make a huge on the recruiting landscape for MSU.

I know everyone is excited about the 2015 class, but he was a big reason why. He was the only one with an offer from big time schools. I was hoping that it would start the dominos for Patterson, Dear, and Dontae Jones.

I really hope Adams commits soon to keep the momentum for the 2015 moving.

Bothrops
01-10-2014, 11:51 AM
It will be hard keeping Louisiana recruits if LSU comes calling.

More like impossible.

cujo
01-10-2014, 11:51 AM
But we did keep Dak! And that's worth a bunch

dawgclub99
01-10-2014, 11:54 AM

Did Dak have an LSU offer?

FISHDAWG
01-10-2014, 11:56 AM
yes

dawgclub99
01-10-2014, 11:57 AM

LSU, Bama, probably TX A&M. Kid is a national prospect. I really hope the coaching staff keeps after him all the way until the end. He is the type of recruit that can make a huge on the recruiting landscape for MSU.

I know everyone is excited about the 2015 class, but he was a big reason why. He was the only one with an offer from big time schools. I was hoping that it would start the dominos for Patterson, Dear, and Dontae Jones.

Washington is a big time prospect who will have big offers by signing day next year.

Adams will be a bulldog. Too much family pressure.

We have got to lock down MS next year. It will be stacked with talent and we can have half of our class filled up just from instate.

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-10-2014, 11:58 AM
Did Dak have an LSU offer?

He got one later in the process, but stuck with us because we had been on him earlier.

I don't think anyone is surprised about Moton decommitting. He will end up at LSU. Hopefully Mullen can actually put together a good recruiting class in 2015 to make up for the dreadful 2014 class.

bully99
01-10-2014, 12:03 PM
That lsu money making its presence known. How many players decomit and later sign with that same school. Excluding the phony OM situations. My guess is not too many. He Gone.

TheRef
01-10-2014, 12:06 PM
I just don't want to have to say this to a poster on this.

http://superjude.blog.com/files/2013/03/fullretard1.jpg

HancockCountyDog
01-10-2014, 12:09 PM
Welp, he now says he is no longer considering us. I guess he wanted to be Balis made.

Either that or there is a coaching change that is coming that we aren't aware of.

bully99
01-10-2014, 12:10 PM
So the ESPN guy says on twitter that he not only has decommitted from state but he's no longer even considering state. But of course OM is now on his list. Wtf

TheRef
01-10-2014, 12:11 PM
TSUN and Florida are in the mix.

chef dixon
01-10-2014, 12:13 PM
So the ESPN guy says on twitter that he not only has decommitted from state but he's no longer even considering state. But of course OM is now on his list. Wtf

Yea now considering Ole Miss... LOL is about all I can say

quickstrike2
01-10-2014, 12:18 PM
He wadnt ever going to come here. I think he had on all LSU stuff on his visit. He got caught up in a moment, committed and immediately heard it from the LSU folks. He probably then got embarrassed but didn't want to decommit immediately so held out awhile to make it look better.

AlSwearengen
01-10-2014, 12:25 PM
Yea now considering Ole Miss... LOL is about all I can say

Gotta get olemiss in the mix to drive the price of business up.

HancockCountyDog
01-10-2014, 12:34 PM
According to Twitter Davon Godchaux has decommitted from LSU, hopefully we can get in the game there - he is a big time DT.

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2014, 12:37 PM

Quit freaking out man. Moton was a nice part of the class, but he was hardly the reason everyone was excited about the 2015 class. First off, Fletcher Adams is considered a better player by most evaluators and Moton has no effect on the in-state recruits.

With LSU losing all those players the other day in the Under Armour game, it should be no surprise to anyone that local pressure may have been racketed up. Who knows, Moton may have just decommitted to take some of the pressure off, and is now saying MSU is no longer it, just so the local will lay off him. All the while he still favors MSU.

The truth is that when you recruit at the top, you will have more decommitments because the players you are recruiting have more options. It is the same reason that ugly people aren't usually the ones that cheat on their wives. More options=more temptation.

Get ready for 2015 to be a crazy recruiting year.

bully99
01-10-2014, 12:38 PM
How does a guy with a name like Gochaux decomit from lsu. Let the good times roll.

maroonmania
01-10-2014, 12:39 PM
This stuff is why I have just come to loathe the whole recruiting process. At least it used to be you only really had to deal with this stuff as a fan from around the end of the season to signing day (~3 months). Now its a soap opera going on as much as 2 years or more in advance of a recruit actually being able to sign anywhere.

Bothrops
01-10-2014, 12:49 PM
Espn is such a joke..Ole Miss, really? How could somebody that was impressed enough with his MSU visit to commit immediately afterward, not consider us anymore, but adds OM?? LOL

bully99
01-10-2014, 01:00 PM
If that's what the kid told him, you can't blame ESPN. Has he ever been to Oxford?

Pollodawg
01-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Meh, it'll be ok, folks. It'll be ok.

smootness
01-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Welp, he now says he is no longer considering us.

Haha, recruiting is so jacked up.

defiantdog
01-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Espn is such a joke..Ole Miss, really? How could somebody that was impressed enough with his MSU visit to commit immediately afterward, not consider us anymore, but adds OM?? LOL

He's still considering us.... those are just more schools he's considering. He probably just wants to go through the entire recruiting process and check out every school he can. Give the guy a break.... its a big decision to make.

bully99
01-10-2014, 01:16 PM
"Jacked up " .....and corrupt

HancockCountyDog
01-10-2014, 01:34 PM
"Jacked up " .....and corrupt

Unless they sign with us. :D

bully99
01-10-2014, 01:52 PM
Come on, we're the cleanest team in America? The Sec? Mississippi?

TheDogFather
01-10-2014, 02:23 PM
If by "in the hunt" you mean we are not in his top five, you are spot on.

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2014, 02:37 PM

According to Rosebowl, he is still in touch with our staff and we will still be a factor in his recruitment. Apparently his coaches advised against him decommitting, but one of his family members felt he was a little quick in pulling the trigger.

Apparently, the kid lives with his grandmother, and has had a tough upbringing. Will likely commit to multiple schools between now and signing day.

We are certainly still in his top 5. This is just going to be a long drawn out recruitment that everyone will just better off not getting emotionally engaged in and just let the pieces fall where they may.

defiantdog
01-10-2014, 02:42 PM

Pessimistic shit like this is why OM fans, as well as Talty, have so much fun messing with us. Just cause he decommited, doesn't mean we don't have a chance.

http://i44.tinypic.com/ogm24x.jpg

Coach34
01-10-2014, 03:30 PM
Moton goes to the worst school in Shreveport- Woodlawn HS. It's similar to somewhere like Lanier HS in Jackson. The State Department may have to take over the school next year because the test scores are so bad. He actually has some decent coaches there but it's still an inner city school and they lack alot of things.

No telling how this recruitment is going to go.

TheDogFather
01-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Good reference, but that is a recruiting sites opinion (a recruiting site, by the way, run by a very good personal friend of mine).

A quote from Moton himself (?)
Moton, the No. 50-ranked player in 2015, said he is now considering Alabama, LSU, Florida State, Ole Miss and Florida and has no time frame to narrow down his choices.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/southeast/post/_/id/24734/mississippi-st-loses-espn-jr-300-dt-moton

Not pessimistic, but just forming an opinion based on the information available. I hope he ends up at MSU.

smootness
01-10-2014, 04:45 PM
Pessimistic shit like this is why OM fans, as well as Talty, have so much fun messing with us. Just cause he decommited, doesn't mean we don't have a chance.

We'll see what happens with him, and I certainly hope we're still in the mix. The tides will probably shift several times between now and signing day next year.

But you do realize that the most recent words out of his own mouth carry more weight than what his 247 profile says, right? Since the 247 info is just based on his own words from further back?

These recruiting sites don't have ESP. They go on a recruit's words. So just because it lists us as 'warm' doesn't mean it's true.

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2014, 04:51 PM
We'll see what happens with him, and I certainly hope we're still in the mix. The tides will probably shift several times between now and signing day next year.

But you do realize that the most recent words out of his own mouth carry more weight than what his 247 profile says, right? Since the 247 info is just based on his own words from further back?

These recruiting sites don't have ESP. They go on a recruit's words. So just because it lists us as 'warm' doesn't mean it's true.

Just by using logic, unless Hevesy got on the phone and chewed his ass out, it makes no sense that MSU would be out of it.

Just let it play out. The kid is probably under a tremendous amount of pressure after LSU lost those recruits in the Under Armour game. The LSU boosters are on a mission right now to make sure they never lose another in-state player that they want.

Moton is probably just lessening the pressure on himself. Just let it play out. LSU is pissed right now.

quickstrike2
01-10-2014, 04:56 PM
There's no sunshine to pump here. He decommited, and named 5 more schools as his choices.