PDA

View Full Version : New 2014 offer

pdawg10msu
01-10-2014, 09:26 AM
We just offered a 4 star DL out of Washington named Marcus Griffin. I haven't done my research about him yet. Will do some later. Y'all know anything about this guy?

EAVdog
01-10-2014, 09:33 AM
We've been on him a couple of months. Was originally committed to Wash St. I think. Some of our commits befriended him at the East/West Shrine game (or whichever one it was out in California). Seems to have some real interest in playing in the SEC.

PJ @ 247 has a pretty good write up on him.

deltadawg99
01-10-2014, 09:49 AM
He is from the same hometown as Myles Jack, who we almost got a visited of but of course was a stud at UCLA this year. Do we have staff member with connections in that area?

FISHDAWG
01-10-2014, 09:58 AM
list of offers ... seems like we could get this guy - Arizona or Washington might be the only obstacles

Arizona .........Med Interest ......Yes None
California .........Med Interest ......Yes 01/17/2014
Cincinnati .........Med Interest ......Yes None
Colorado .........Med Interest ......Yes None
Colorado State ......Med Interest ......Yes None
Idaho .................Med Interest ......Yes None
Nevada ..............Med Interest ......Yes None
South Florida ..........Med Interest .......No None
Washington ............Med Interest ......Yes None
Washington State ....Med Interest ......Yes 12/13/2013
Wyoming ...........Med Interest ......Yes None

maroonmania
01-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Wonder if this means we are not so confident on guys like Harris, Thomas and Stallworth? We definitely need one and hopefully two out of that group to shore up our DL.

smootness
01-10-2014, 10:55 AM
It looks like we're his only SEC offer, and this is the one area where being in the SEC, in its current state, definitely helps us.

If you're a player's only SEC offer, then you have a real shot, no matter where the kid is from. So I think we have a shot.

I agree with wanting 2 of the Harris/Thomas/Stallworth group, but really I'd say I want 2 from the Thomas/Stallworth/Trey Carter group. I'm not as big a fan of Grant Harris. I'll certainly take him, though.

But grabbing this kid would mean we only really need one from that group and would take some pressure off.

ScottH
01-10-2014, 10:59 AM
Should I assume that as I type this UM is offering him?

RougeDawg
01-10-2014, 11:03 AM

My initial thoughts as well.

dawgclub99
01-10-2014, 01:22 PM

Do not be surprised if they offer a lot of DL. Looks like Speaks is LSU bound.

HereComesTheSpiral
01-10-2014, 02:11 PM

So is this how their scouting department works, look at the recruiting sites and wait on MSU to do the leg work to find guys that arent well know?

reddog
01-10-2014, 02:22 PM
We just offered a 4 star DL out of Washington named Marcus Griffin. I haven't done my research about him yet. Will do some later. Y'all know anything about this guy?

3 star actually