PDA

View Full Version : Roger Woods from Provine

Dawg61
01-09-2014, 06:35 PM
anyone know anything about him? He was 2nd team All-State for Provine and avg 22 points 12 rbs. He's currently a soph at MGCCC and is avg 18.4 pts and 7.8 rbs for them. Seems like he should be getting some consideration. Thoughts?

http://www.clarionledger.com/interactive/article/20120325/SPORTS060204/303250002/The-Clarion-Ledger-Boys-Basketball-All-State-Team

http://stats.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2013-14/div1/players/rogerwoodsj85l

campmore
01-09-2014, 10:36 PM
He is a undersized inside player who is not a SEC player. Plays hard and is strong. Only 6 foot 3

Dawg61
01-09-2014, 10:57 PM
Is he better than any current player on MSU's roster? Then he's an upgrade. Keep doing that and we'll be in the NCAA quicker than the current pace we are on.

Thick
01-09-2014, 11:23 PM
Sounds like another Chicken Sword type baller. We need another scorer, but we need some solid depth in the bigs department.

thf24
01-09-2014, 11:32 PM
Barring elite recruits, I don't think we need to waste scholarships on anyone but shooters or legit big men right now. We have enough scrappy but undersized players.

Dawg61
01-09-2014, 11:46 PM
I'd argue we are wasting two scholarships right now. This guy is better than both of those wasted current scholarships.

Dawg61
01-09-2014, 11:55 PM
Sounds like another Chicken Sword type baller.

That is a much better rebounder. He went to Provine. Aren't there a bunch of folks from Jackson on here? It can't be too difficult to find out how good he is.

Raytoraid83
01-10-2014, 12:43 AM
That is a much better rebounder. He went to Provine. Aren't there a bunch of folks from Jackson on here? It can't be too difficult to find out how good he is.

He's a 6'5 pf. Basically a smaller Drunnya. Why waste a scholarship on that? Comparing him to chicken is a joke and I'm assuming one of those guys scholarships you want to take is Fred Thomas and he was a first teamer on that list. Plenty of players can put up points in high school and juco. There's one juco Ray should be 100% committed to and that's Pollard.

Dawg61
01-10-2014, 01:11 AM
I want Pollard too. Pollard is avg 11 points and 6.7 boards. Woods 18.4 points and 7.8 boards. And yes Fred Thomas is one of those guys. FTF is hardly playing like the 1st team All-State he used to be. If he could dribble for longer than 5 seconds without traveling I could overlook his horrible shooting. He's not in a slump. He just can't shoot. Woods won't forget how to be a hoss that can get boards. He's built like a truck and he can score. Thomas can get his scholarship back. After he proves he deserves it. Is it really a shame we pull his free ride or is it a shame a player like Woods doesn't get his chance? The #3 scorer in the nation Jay Watkins is at Gadsden State CC in Alabama too btw. Avg 25.3 pts and 9.4 boards. Just sayin. Bet he's better than Dre Applewhite.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
01-10-2014, 07:29 AM
Woods is a 6'3 post player.... He's a nice player for a D2 school or maybe a SE Louisiana type school. He is in no way or fashion an SEC player.

Thick
01-10-2014, 07:38 AM
Wait, I did not say sign him up. I said we need to invest in legit 4's and 5's.

Dawg61
01-10-2014, 08:41 AM
Why are you reducing his height by 2 inches? He's listed as 6'5. Don't shrink him to make your point. If he's too short for you how bout the 7'1 guy in Texas leading the nation in blocks that I listed a month ago. The point isn't Woods the point is there's atleast 2 current players on our roster that are D2 level players and we could upgrade with about 100 players right around us. I could list better players than Thomas and Davis all day long.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
01-10-2014, 11:45 AM
Because I have seen him play personally 4 times the guy is not 6'5....

Goat from MSU
01-10-2014, 03:49 PM
Ray needs to do a better job in getting players ,we should have wave bye bye to Travis Daniels and took Kenny Paul Geno .Being short players this year should not have happened. Dawg 61 is correct Roger Woods is better than some we have now.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
01-11-2014, 02:27 AM
Ray needs to do a better job in getting players ,we should have wave bye bye to Travis Daniels and took Kenny Paul Geno .Being short players this year should not have happened. Dawg 61 is correct Roger Woods is better than some we have now.

I'll assure you we need players A LOT better than KPG and Roger Woods if we want to get to the dance.

Goat from MSU
01-11-2014, 03:19 AM
True, but we should have not been short handed ,we are and it will cost us.If Ray does not bring in better players ,He is gone simple as that ,sad to he seems to be a good floor coach .

coastdoglover
01-11-2014, 12:55 PM
It might help if MSU had sent a coach to MGCCC in the last two years. There has not been an MSU coach visit there in over two years and that comes from the Head coach who is a friend of mine. Even Ole Miss has been there to look at Rashad Perkins, but I guess we are too busy elsewhere.

Dawg61
01-11-2014, 05:47 PM
It might help if MSU had sent a coach to MGCCC in the last two years. There has not been an MSU coach visit there in over two years and that comes from the Head coach who is a friend of mine. Even Ole Miss has been there to look at Rashad Perkins, but I guess we are too busy elsewhere.

BINGO!!! Totally ****ing UNACCEPTABLE that Mississippi State University is not completely ALL OVER every single Juco school located IN MISSISSIPPI. There's 5* McDonalds All-Americans and All-State players playing at these schools. DO THEY SPEND LONGER THAN AN HOUR RECRUITING EACH WEEK? All of them. Ray and his pack of worthless assistants. Un****ingreal