PDA

View Full Version : Guided Duck Hunts

BeastMan
01-09-2014, 01:05 PM
There is an inshore fishing guide in Biloxi who does these in season. Captain Brodie http://teambrodiecharters.com Looks like he takes his boat in the sound, camouflages it up, and puts out decoys. I'm not a duck hunter but that looks pretty cool. I didn't know duck hunting was big in the sound.

I visit Captain Brodie's site fairly regularly b/c his reports are awesome. If you wanna know what's biting close to shore in Biloxi, he's your guy. Also very inexpensive trips.

Political Hack
01-09-2014, 06:01 PM
I may have to arrange that. never been and always wanted to go.

Oxfordawg
01-12-2014, 06:57 PM
I work with a guy that took a duck trip with Brodie. He said it was great they killed some ducks Redhead and Canvasback

BeastMan
01-12-2014, 09:44 PM
I work with a guy that took a duck trip with Brodie. He said it was great they killed some ducks Redhead and Canvasback

I have never heard anything but good reviews regarding his fishing trips. I wouldn't expect different on his duck trips but its good to hear. He also has written a bunch of articles for different magazines like ms sportsman. Regarding his guided duck trips, if you don't pay for a lease, splitting $475 a few ways with him sounds like a steal

DownwardDawg
01-13-2014, 09:07 AM
I have never heard anything but good reviews regarding his fishing trips. I wouldn't expect different on his duck trips but its good to hear. He also has written a bunch of articles for different magazines like ms sportsman. Regarding his guided duck trips, if you don't pay for a lease, splitting $475 a few ways with him sounds like a steal

Using guides for anything like this is usually a steal. I own a bass boat and live on a lake. I've always wanted a saltwater boat (bay boat) because I love that type of fishing. I have a guide that I use 3 or 4 times a year for ~$500. We kill them every time we go. He cleans all the fish, bags them and puts them on ice, cleans his own boat, and worries about boat maintenance, payments, insurance, etc... I just drive, fish, and eat. Well worth it!