PDA

View Full Version : ESPN reporting the Fighting Sanduskeys have offered Franklin.

Thick
01-09-2014, 07:35 AM
The decision is expected today. It's been rather quiet but I noticed yesterday that Vandy feels confident that he's staying in Nashville. I hope he's gone.

Pollodawg
01-09-2014, 09:20 AM
He'd be stupid not to go. He's done all he can in Nashville.

HancockCountyDog
01-09-2014, 09:53 AM
The decision is expected today. It's been rather quiet but I noticed yesterday that Vandy feels confident that he's staying in Nashville. I hope he's gone.

Why do you want him gone? He is a good coach at a school that plays the bears every year?

You think the bears would want a good coach at UK gone? You think the bears are pissed that Stoops is bringing in some serious talent to Lexington? Hell no.

Vandy is my 2nd favorite team at least once a year, I want them good. The bears have gone extremely soft on their OOC, I don't want Vandy to become a cakewalk either.

scottycameron
01-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Why do you want him gone? He is a good coach at a school that plays the bears every year?

You think the bears would want a good coach at UK gone? You think the bears are pissed that Stoops is bringing in some serious talent to Lexington? Hell no.

Vandy is my 2nd favorite team at least once a year, I want them good. The bears have gone extremely soft on their OOC, I don't want Vandy to become a cakewalk either.

Excellent analysis my friend.

You get it.

Thick
01-09-2014, 10:04 AM

Because I don't give 2 flying shits about OM like some of you do. I strictly care about MSU, and if Franklin being gone can help us in the win column for next year then I'm for it. The only time I worry about OM is when we play them.

FlabLoser
01-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Vandy pulled a croot or two from is.

Covercorner2
01-09-2014, 10:26 AM
We are better than Vandy with or without Franklin, especially next year. Like HCD said, I hope he stays, not scared of him and gives a Western division rival a tougher game.

smootness
01-09-2014, 10:42 AM
Because I don't give 2 flying shits about OM like some of you do. I strictly care about MSU, and if Franklin being gone can help us in the win column for next year then I'm for it. The only time I worry about OM is when we play them.

I'm not overly concerned about Vandy whether they keep Franklin or not, but I agree with this to a large degree. As long as we beat them, I don't care a whole lot what they do with the rest of their schedule. That Vandy game is only going to mean one game one way or another, and it has no bearing on the Egg Bowl.

Pollodawg
01-09-2014, 11:11 AM
If all y'all are worried about is having to play Vandy next season. We likely win that one with or without Franklin. Vandy is losing all of their game changers from both sides of the ball. They will be putrid next season.

I was just saying from a career standpoint, Pen State is the way to go for Franklin. Vandy alum and fans don't even give shit about Vandy football. Hell, they could win the conference and wouldn't pack out their stadium.

MarketingBully01
01-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Yeah, if Franklin has half a brain he will jump on the chance to go to Penn State.

engie
01-09-2014, 11:50 AM
Per Feldman, he gone.

DownwardDawg
01-09-2014, 12:02 PM
That would be a no brainer. Can you imagine the feeling he will have when he brings his team out on the field for the 1st time in front of 100,000 screaming fans instead of 25,000?

SignalToNoise
01-09-2014, 12:17 PM
That would be a no brainer. Can you imagine the feeling he will have when he brings his team out on the field for the 1st time in front of 100,000 screaming fans instead of 25,000?

I had a good laugh at that.

CJDAWG85
01-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Oops missed this thread

blacklistedbully
01-09-2014, 12:29 PM

They finished 1 game better than us on overall record this year. It got them to a better bowl, a higher ranking, and better pub. Helps them in recruiting. In a competitive situation where standings count, it doesn't make sense to not care about what happens to them or what they do.

Do you think The 49ers don't care what happens to Seattle other than the games they play one another? You think the Arizona Cardinals didn't care what happened to New Orleans?

Imagine how much better a position we'd be in right now if we not only beat Ole Miss, but if they'd also lost to LSU or Vandy? We'd have likely beaten the snot out of GT in the Music City and would start next season a little higher up the polls. The polls do matter. The residual momentum they have, which has helped their recruiting would be gone with them finishing the regular season 6-6. Who knows if they beat Rice in the Liberty. Rice would have an easier time stopping their run than ours, and the Rice corners may have done well versus those endless bubble screens. Remember, we were successful offensively in large part because we were able to throw downfield on 3rd & long.

Now imagine Ole Miss sitting at 6-7, momentum gone, recruits looking at a team that has a bunch of freshman, and a losing record. Momentum gone, less opportunity for early playing time, a coach who has been exposed, etc. Anything that hurts their recruiting is good for us.