PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Petrino going back to UL

messageboardsuperhero
01-09-2014, 12:30 AM
Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet, but apparently Petrino is headed back to Louisville. I really can't blame them though- the guy wins.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/01/08/western-kentucky-louisville-football-coach-bobby-petrino/4382007/

So if you live in Louisville, KY- you better hide your wife.

ETA: Damn, just saw the other thread about Petrino on the second page. Feel free to delete this.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
01-09-2014, 12:40 AM
Al Davis said it best, "Just Win Baby!".

Bothrops
01-09-2014, 07:52 AM
I highly doubt Petrino does anything as foolish as what he did at Arky, ever again in his career. He's still under scrutiny and will be watched everywhere he goes. I'd be more worried about him controlling his temper under pressure than anything else, going forward.

Martianlander
01-09-2014, 08:40 AM
I highly doubt Petrino does anything as foolish as what he did at Arky, ever again in his career. He's still under scrutiny and will be watched everywhere he goes. I'd be more worried about him controlling his temper under pressure than anything else, going forward.

I don't know. Robin Williams said God gave man a brain and a penus but only enough blood to work one at a time.

Coach34
01-09-2014, 11:52 AM
really shocked he got another shot this quick. A Coach ****ing around with an intern, getting her a job in the football office, and then getting his ass beat by her fiance- who just happened to be one of the strength coaches doesnt get forgotten

smootness
01-09-2014, 12:00 PM
He's a liar, cheater, and is unethical. You don't change that overnight just because you want to. If he gets himself in a bind again for doing something unethical, he'll lie to get out of it again.

But that's not even what I would be concerned about if I were Louisville, it's the fact that every time he leaves a team/program (and it's always after only a few years at most), he leaves them in worse shape than when he got there. He wins while he's there, but he doesn't leave the program in such shape that someone else can step in and win at the same level. So more than likely, Louisville will be left in bad shape again pretty shortly, just like they were last time he was there.

Either way, all this proves once again is that college football is about as dirty a business as there is right now.

Air of The Dawg
01-09-2014, 12:07 PM
really shocked he got another shot this quick. A Coach ****ing around with an intern, getting her a job in the football office, and then getting his ass beat by her fiance- who just happened to be one of the strength coaches doesnt get forgotten

Your absolutely correct coach ! GOLDEN RULE

Never get your meat where you get your bread.

Esmerelda Villalobos
01-09-2014, 12:47 PM
Lee Corso once told me he is the only coach he wouldnt allow his son to play for. That says it all. He openly trash talked about him. Said he is a snake.

Damn good football coach. I would be torn on an opinion. Petrino seems to have changed some things in his life and Im all about 2nd and 3rd chances.