PDA

View Full Version : Athlons 4 teams on the rise.

Drugdog
01-08-2014, 09:52 PM
http://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-footballs-top-5-teams-rise-2014

Lloyd Christmas
01-08-2014, 10:52 PM
I saw that. Atleast there are some Sports sites that don't have their heads up their asses and do a little ****in research.

smootness
01-08-2014, 11:01 PM
Well, in their top 25, they do have Ole Miss 19th and us in the 'others to watch' outside the top 30.

Political Hack
01-09-2014, 09:10 AM
Ole miss is usually expected to be good and we usually whip their ass. just another year in OUR Magnolia State...

RougeDawg
01-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Ole miss is usually expected to be good and we usually whip their ass. just another year in OUR Magnolia State...

I don't duaGree with the perception that they are expected to be good but what have they actually done for people to have this perception of them? If that's the case why aren't we expected to be better? We hardly lose any players and arguable only one "key" player. A team that's had 4 consecutive winning seasons and more depth than ever.

blacklistedbully
01-09-2014, 12:45 PM
I don't duaGree with the perception that they are expected to be good but what have they actually done for people to have this perception of them? If that's the case why aren't we expected to be better? We hardly lose any players and arguable only one "key" player. A team that's had 4 consecutive winning seasons and more depth than ever.

The vast majority of the interested public and media-types don't look much beyond overall record, possibly scores of key games. All they see is:

Ole Miss 8-5
MSU 7-6

Ole Miss beating LSU
MSU getting outscored by a mile.

They don't know about the actual games, They don;t realize LSU brought their "A-game" to us, and that Mett was on fire. They don't know that LSU played like crap versus Ole Miss, that Mett had accuracy issues and that WR's were just dropping balls. WE know that for 3 Q's we were giving LSU hell despite their "A game", and that we actually played better in our loss than Ole Miss did in their win. But THEY don't know that.