PDA

View Full Version : Per Jonesy- Mullen confirms Milton to transfer

Coach34
01-08-2014, 08:08 PM
MSU coach Dan Mullen confirms that soph tailback Derrick Milton has asked for release. McNeese St. is where Milton expects to transfer to

The Croom Diaries
01-08-2014, 08:14 PM
Looks like that guy was right. Maybe we shouldn't brush off the Daniel Garner rumor either.

War Machine Dawg
01-08-2014, 08:20 PM
No big surprise, especially with Williams coming into the program. Now sweet baby Jesus, please let Morrow be the next one out the door. It's a crime that he's stealing reps from Bear Wilson.

Todd4State
01-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Morrow has improved and he was only a sophomore. I bet he continues to improve.

hailmari
01-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Morrow has improved and he was only a sophomore. I bet he continues to improve.

Who knows.. Maybe Morrow makes the jump that Tubby made.

Coach34
01-08-2014, 08:49 PM
Stonehands made some huge strides this year. I hope he stays

Bothrops
01-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Hopefully Morrow will do what a lot of receivers do, play 4 years and contribute their final 2.

Coach34
01-08-2014, 09:03 PM
Good move by Milton- this is good for both sides. I wish him well

The Croom Diaries
01-08-2014, 09:17 PM
I don't want Morrow to leave. Plenty of other options - Virges, Robinson, etc.

whosyourdawgy
01-08-2014, 09:19 PM
Damn! It's amazing what a fee fumbles can do for a career. I absolutely love his running style. He wore the 28 for a reason cause he reminds me a lot of Vick Ballard. I hate it but that means we have some damn good running backs returning

archdog
01-08-2014, 09:21 PM
No big surprise, especially with Williams coming into the program. Now sweet baby Jesus, please let Morrow be the next one out the door. It's a crime that he's stealing reps from Bear Wilson.

Morrow really improved this past season. It hasn't clicked completely for him. He will get there.

archdog
01-08-2014, 09:21 PM
I like Morrow. This guy could step up and be the man. I like his upside.

Coach34
01-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Hopefully Morrow will do what a lot of receivers do, play 4 years and contribute their final 2.

it really looks like it was a confidence problem with Stonehands- he was a much improved player the 2nd half of the season

"The ball is my friend....the ball is my friend"- Featherstone

preachermatt83
01-08-2014, 09:58 PM

You have made a lot of dumb statements but I think this one is tops. If you didn't notice improvement from him then you are blind.

Dawg61
01-08-2014, 10:20 PM
wtf. I stand up for a player and he makes me look like an ass 2 days later. Thanks Milton

Pollodawg
01-08-2014, 10:44 PM
I wish him all the best in his future endeavors. We love you, man. We'll miss you. But it really is a smart move for him and for us.

War Machine Dawg
01-09-2014, 12:17 AM
I don't get the "Morrow is improved" idea. The dude still dropped every damn ball thrown his way this season. Bear Wilson, a true freshman playing only his 2nd year of football ever, overtook him on the depth chart. I'm sorry, but that doesn't say "future contributor" to me. And I still say he's soft. In fact, I'll put up my v-cash that he finishes no better than 5th in receiving yards next season.

ChevChelios
01-09-2014, 02:43 AM
You have made a lot of dumb statements but I think this one is tops. If you didn't notice improvement from him then you are blind.

You... Saying this... I LOL'd

Bubb Rubb
01-09-2014, 09:00 AM
I don't get the "Morrow is improved" idea. The dude still dropped every damn ball thrown his way this season. Bear Wilson, a true freshman playing only his 2nd year of football ever, overtook him on the depth chart. I'm sorry, but that doesn't say "future contributor" to me. And I still say he's soft. In fact, I'll put up my v-cash that he finishes no better than 5th in receiving yards next season.

I'm not worried about Morrow from a catching standpoint. He has gotten better and will continue to get better. His problem, and in my opinion, one that should keep him off the field, is that he is a brutally horrible blocker. In our offense, our receivers have to be able to block. He gets flagged for holding a lot and he gets whipped on the edge a lot. This is something he can improve on, but I'm not seeing a lot of it. Wilson is much better at this.

Political Hack
01-09-2014, 09:07 AM
I think everyone saw the writing on the wall, but he deserved a few days to think about it and change his kind if he wanted to before it got out to the public.

West Houston Dog
01-09-2014, 09:09 AM
I don't want Morrow to leave. Plenty of other options - Virges, Robinson, etc.

seems like i remember his high school coach saying he would make a good SEC OG

Johnson85
01-09-2014, 09:10 AM
In fact, I'll put up my v-cash that he finishes no better than 5th in receiving yards next season.

So you basically want to get rid of what will probably our third best receiver? We'll have a slot and outside receiver probably finish one and two, and probably have a tight end and back with significant yards. Even if it's four wide receivers leading out team in receiving, if he has more yards than all our TE's and RB's, that woudl still mean he's contributing.

I know Morrow wasn't as good as a sophomore as a lot of people wanted him to be when he signed, but even if he doesn't improve much, he's not a player we should voluntarily choose to toss aside.

hells bells
01-09-2014, 09:19 AM

In Morton yesterday. Word is Quay is off the team. That's two spots open now. Does Quay transfer or go home. Just sickens me that he is wasting god given talent with a horrible attitude.

msstate7
01-09-2014, 09:23 AM
In Morton yesterday. Word is Quay is off the team. That's two spots open now. Does Quay transfer or go home. Just sickens me that he is wasting god given talent with a horrible attitude.
I hate this too. That said if he does have the reportly bad attitude it may be a good thing. Bad attitudes from juniors can be contagious to freshmen and sophomores

hells bells
01-09-2014, 09:31 AM
Cancer removed. Ricks lesson learned.

msstate7
01-09-2014, 09:37 AM
Cancer removed. Ricks lesson learned.

When did quay's final falling out happen this year? Wasn't it around the time our defense turned the corner?

hells bells
01-09-2014, 09:47 AM
When did quay's final falling out happen this year? Wasn't it around the time our defense turned the corner?

I was told it has been on and off this year. He did not show for the egg bowl, IMO that was the straw that broke the bulldogs back. He is a smart young man, his attitude I think is his problem. Coaches can only do so much then it is up to the young man to step up. QE controlls his own destiny and I wish him the best of luck. Possible NFL career or working in a chicken plant.

maroonmania
01-09-2014, 09:59 AM
I was told it has been on and off this year. He did not show for the egg bowl, IMO that was the straw that broke the bulldogs back. He is a smart young man, his attitude I think is his problem. Coaches can only do so much then it is up to the young man to step up. QE controlls his own destiny and I wish him the best of luck. Possible NFL career or working in a chicken plant.

Somehow I doubt he currently has the work ethic to hold a job at a chicken plant or much of anywhere else.

Saltydog
01-09-2014, 10:23 AM
leave. RB is a position we are obviously very deep at but at the same time it's a position that guys can get banged up pretty quickly.........

engie
01-09-2014, 10:35 AM
As of a few weeks ago, the intention was to give Quay one final chance in the spring.

I agree that it's unlikely that he makes it -- but unless something new has happened, it's jumping the gun to call him "currently off the team".

HancockCountyDog
01-09-2014, 11:12 AM
As of a few weeks ago, the intention was to give Quay one final chance in the spring.

I agree that it's unlikely that he makes it -- but unless something new has happened, it's jumping the gun to call him "currently off the team".

This is important - he needs to stay on the team; Both our starting DT's are graduating next year, along with Preston Smith. I still think CHris Jones is more of a 3-4 DE, like Fletcher vs. a traditional 4-3 DT. We need DT's, which is what Quay is.

maroonmania
01-09-2014, 12:15 PM
leave. RB is a position we are obviously very deep at but at the same time it's a position that guys can get banged up pretty quickly.........

Yea, but the problem is with today's scholarship limits its hard to burn 5 scholarships on RBs. If Milton stayed we would have JRob, Griffin, Shumpert, Milton and Williams (don't see him redshirting). And that is assuming we move Dontavian Lee to a different position. That's a lot of backs to try give playing time to.

War Machine Dawg
01-09-2014, 12:29 PM
So you basically want to get rid of what will probably our third best receiver? We'll have a slot and outside receiver probably finish one and two, and probably have a tight end and back with significant yards. Even if it's four wide receivers leading out team in receiving, if he has more yards than all our TE's and RB's, that woudl still mean he's contributing.

I know Morrow wasn't as good as a sophomore as a lot of people wanted him to be when he signed, but even if he doesn't improve much, he's not a player we should voluntarily choose to toss aside.

I don't think he'll be anywhere near our 3rd best WR next season. Tubby, RoJo, and Bear are all already clearly ahead of him. And I think the Freds (Brown & Ross) are both better. That puts him as WR #6 so far as I'm concerned. And as someone pointed out above, he SUUUUUUUCKS at blocking. Considering how run heavy our offense should be going forward, a WR that can't run block needs to hit the door. If Morrow hasn't been a significant contributor by now, he never will be. Time to cut bait.

HAILSTATE1322
01-09-2014, 06:52 PM
My sources are always right... Hell my best friend is Josh Robinson

Todd4State
01-09-2014, 07:04 PM

If we're running the wishbone, I would maybe agree. In today's era of football, being 5th in receiving yards on a team doesn't mean show him the door. In fact, if he's fifth on our team in receiving yards, I'll take it. Him being fifth would mean that my boy Fred Brown is starting and getting a lot of touches.

Todd4State
01-09-2014, 07:06 PM
seems like i remember his high school coach saying he would make a good SEC OG

That move wouldn't make much sense to me. We have Beckwith, Clayborn, and Malone coming back- plus Desper can play there and we have some freshmen that redshirted last year that could play there and give us some depth like Jake Thomas and Kent Flowers.

War Machine Dawg
01-09-2014, 08:08 PM
If we're running the wishbone, I would maybe agree. In today's era of football, being 5th in receiving yards on a team doesn't mean show him the door. In fact, if he's fifth on our team in receiving yards, I'll take it. Him being fifth would mean that my boy Fred Brown is starting and getting a lot of touches.

I said "no better than 5th." Perhaps you missed the part where I said I think he'll likely be the 6th WR behind Tubby, RoJo, Bear, and both Freds. And if Holloway ever learns to catch, he might pass him. And that's not counting any of the incoming freshman. I don't like soft football players, and Morrow is soft. If he can't run block, and he can't, then he needs to go.

Todd4State
01-09-2014, 09:18 PM
I said "no better than 5th." Perhaps you missed the part where I said I think he'll likely be the 6th WR behind Tubby, RoJo, Bear, and both Freds. And if Holloway ever learns to catch, he might pass him. And that's not counting any of the incoming freshman. I don't like soft football players, and Morrow is soft. If he can't run block, and he can't, then he needs to go.

Tubby and RoJo are seniors- they should be better at this point. And as someone else pointed out- Tubby had issues with dropping the ball even into his junior year before correcting it. Bear is a special player and talent- his back story reminds me so much of Eric Moulds. He's a natural who didn't play until his senior year and had he played football before that, he would have been a 4-5 star player. Fred Ross had 9 catches on the year and NONE after the Kentucky game. Six of those nine came against Alcorn and Troy. I like Fred Brown, but he has to not show a little less emotion.

Coach34
01-09-2014, 09:20 PM
My sources are always right... Hell my best friend is Josh Robinson

great job- thanks for bringing the rumor to us. You definitely earned your wings