PDA

View Full Version : Your an NFL GM: Bortles or Manziel?

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2014, 05:04 PM
Most every NFL draft guy has Bortles ranked above Manziel, but, if you were a GM, would you really take Bortles over Manziel?

Measuarables are certainly important, but Manziel has done it against the best, and shows the best instincts I have ever seen on a college football field.

This is going to be interesting to watch.

TheRef
01-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Personally, I'd pick Bortles for off-field issues. Manziel seems more like a PR nightmare.

Dawg61
01-08-2014, 05:10 PM
#1 job of the GM is to bring the highest profit to the owner right? No question I'm taking JFF. I'd take JFF #1.

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2014, 05:11 PM
Personally, I'd pick Bortles for off-field issues. Manziel seems more like a PR nightmare.

That's fair, but I think Manziel has grown up a ton, and it's not like Manziel has legal issues. Manziel's on field is awesome.

smootness
01-08-2014, 05:15 PM
Neither. It's so hard for me to distinguish between QBs in this year's draft, because to me they all have pretty big question marks.

They just seem to all fit into the 'has some things to work with but nowhere near a sure thing' group; I probably wouldn't draft anybody in the top half of the first round.

Covercorner2
01-08-2014, 05:16 PM
Manziel. That's like taking Ryan Tannehill or Blaine Gabbert over Russell Wilson. Measurables arent everything, and its not like Bortles set the world on fire. Bridgewater, maybe, but not Bortles.

smootness
01-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Manziel. That's like taking Ryan Tannehill or Blaine Gabbert over Russell Wilson. Measurables arent everything, and its not like Bortles set the world on fire. Bridgewater, maybe, but not Bortles.

Woah, woah now. Manziel is no Russell Wilson. He doesn't have the arm, the intelligence, or the intangibles.

Political Hack
01-08-2014, 05:22 PM
sell jersies: Manziel
win games and build continuity: Bortles