View Full Version : 2014 Hall of Fame class

TheRef
01-08-2014, 02:01 PM
Frank Thomas
Tom Glavine
Greg Maddux

Todd4State
01-08-2014, 02:02 PM
Well deserved all around. Kind of surprised that they didn't suspect Frank Thomas of using steroids during this witch hunt.

Homedawg
01-08-2014, 02:12 PM
Biggio should have gotten in.

War Machine Dawg
01-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Biggio and Baggy not getting in is a disgrace. Also, Raffy fell off the ballot. This whole PEDs witch hunt is ****ing awful. If we're denying guys for being "bad people," then the Hall needs to kick out Ty Cobb. Hell, the guy bragged about cheating.

smootness
01-08-2014, 02:18 PM
Well deserved all around. Kind of surprised that they didn't suspect Frank Thomas of using steroids during this witch hunt.

He's probably the guy least likely to have actually been using during that time. He not only was extremely outspoken about testing but volunteered to be tested and was the only player to offer to voluntarily be interviewed for the Mitchell Report.

Great class, though, has to be one of the greatest ever.

TheRef
01-08-2014, 02:20 PM
I think it's silly that one writer refused to put Maddux on the ballot because he was around during the steroid era and was never suspected of steroid use. This is going to be how the voting will be from now on.

smootness
I wouldn't put Biggio in personally. He just isn't a Hall of Famer to me. And Bagwell isn't a complete slam-dunk, though I would probably put him in...and he definitely isn't the kind of guy who will escape steroid suspicion.

They're not being left out for being 'bad guys'; they're being left out for cheating the game.

smootness
I think it's silly that one writer refused to put Maddux on the ballot because he was around during the steroid era and was never suspected of steroid use. This is going to be how the voting will be from now on.

Yes, this is definitely dumb.

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Biggio only missed it by 2 votes, and there was a loaded ballot this year. Biggio shoul easily get in next year.

bully99
01-08-2014, 02:32 PM
Palmeiro got 25 votes, needed 29 to stay on the ballot. Sad, Still my favorite player to play at State. Saw him play many times at MSU. The best that ever was at State.

Todd4State
01-08-2014, 05:39 PM
Biggio and Baggy not getting in is a disgrace. Also, Raffy fell off the ballot. This whole PEDs witch hunt is ****ing awful. If we're denying guys for being "bad people," then the Hall needs to kick out Ty Cobb. Hell, the guy bragged about cheating.

Ty Cobb beat up a guy with no hands for heckling him.