PDA

View Full Version : SEC Play Opens Tonight With Kentucky

CJDAWG85
01-08-2014, 11:55 AM
UK -19-

Any thoughts?

I think this matchup is a nightmare for us. They are big inside and deep. Unless we shoot well tonight, I don't see us staying within that number.

smootness
01-08-2014, 12:00 PM
They will destroy us. If we stay within 20, I will be very pleasantly surprised.

CJDAWG85
01-08-2014, 12:00 PM
Plus we have OM on deck. Not sure if we are more focused on that one.

FlabLoser
01-08-2014, 12:01 PM
TV?

Coach34
01-08-2014, 12:01 PM
take Kentucky -19

We have a chance to win our next 4 games after this one though

starkvegasdawg
01-08-2014, 12:14 PM
I would like to propose a moment of silence for our basketball team. They are about to take the beating of a lifetime. I bet even Ashley Judd gets in the game by the midway point of the second half.

maroonmania
01-08-2014, 12:30 PM
I would like to propose a moment of silence for our basketball team. They are about to take the beating of a lifetime. I bet even Ashley Judd gets in the game by the midway point of the second half.

Hope so, at least then I would still have a reason to watch the game.

Boodawg
01-08-2014, 12:49 PM
It's on channel 12 if you have direct tv. Basically CBS

Dawg61
01-08-2014, 01:02 PM
UK is not a very good shooting team so I doubt they blow the doors off in this game. Game can be seen on ESPN3 on your iPad.

Covercorner2
01-08-2014, 01:07 PM
http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/Portals/3/SEC%20Website/menshoops/ClearancesMBB.pdf

Raytoraid83
01-08-2014, 01:10 PM
UK is not a very good shooting team so I doubt they blow the doors off in this game. Game can be seen on ESPN3 on your iPad.

It's not their ability to score but our inability to score. Their starting 5 average height is one of the top in the country with one of the best shot blockers down low in WCS. With our only option of scoring being on Chicken drives and Gavin in the post this one could get ugly fast. Also their ability to draw falls could cause a problem to our lack of front court depth. There are smarter bets than laying -20 but all signs point to blowout.

Dawg61
01-08-2014, 01:28 PM
We can draw fouls too and they aren't so scary with their big men on the bench. Hopefully the Bear makes an appearance tonight.

MadDawg
01-08-2014, 01:39 PM
Here's to hoping we can keep it reasonable to build momentum and optimism for the future.

Raytoraid83
01-08-2014, 01:52 PM
We can draw fouls too and they aren't so scary with their big men on the bench. Hopefully the Bear makes an appearance tonight.

Louisville disagrees

mparkerfd20
01-08-2014, 02:29 PM
UK wins by 35+

CadaverDawg
01-08-2014, 02:36 PM
It will be over in 3-5 minutes. My guess is they jump out to an 18-4 or 20-6 type lead and we struggle to score 50 against that length. They will make us shoot instead of drive, and that could lead to some record setting lows in shooting percentage.

chef dixon
01-08-2014, 02:42 PM
Who says UK needs to be a good shooting team to cover -19? They will score at least 50 points in the paint tonight.

RougeDawg
01-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Good thing I'll be at the Pelicans game tonight, and wont have to subject my eyes to this one.

C222
01-08-2014, 03:25 PM
Here's to hoping we can keep it reasonable to build momentum and optimism for the future.

"Cohen sucks! Can't believe we fired Ron Polk!!" -MadDawg, 2010

MadDawg
01-08-2014, 03:58 PM
"Cohen sucks! Can't believe we fired Ron Polk!!" -MadDawg, 2010

C222 you are such a lying sack of shit. Try again, homey.

Coach34
01-08-2014, 05:22 PM
. Hopefully the Bear makes an appearance tonight.

Wilson has yet to even practice with the team. He is 3 weeks away from playing in a game at a minimum

Percho
01-08-2014, 06:08 PM
what about on comcast tv in memphis?

C222
01-08-2014, 06:21 PM
C222 you are such a lying sack of shit. Try again, homey.

Well here's a thread where you posted that Cohen is "unimpressive" and you wonder if he "even has a clue what he is doing."

http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showthread.php?44954-Cohen-amp-MSU-it-s-simple-for-me&highlight=MadDawg

That took me 2 minutes to find. I'm sure if I search longer, I can find one where you want him fired, homey.

Will James
01-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Well here's a thread where you posted that Cohen is "unimpressive" and you wonder if he "even has a clue what he is doing."

http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showthread.php?44954-Cohen-amp-MSU-it-s-simple-for-me&highlight=MadDawg

That took me 2 minutes to find. I'm sure if I search longer, I can find one where you want him fired, homey.

man I love bringing the old archives into play. Very nicely done.

MadDawg
01-09-2014, 09:33 AM
My God you are a dumbass. My entire statement, which you once again dishonestly misquoted, was: "If not for Cohen's resume he built at Kentucky, I'd wonder if the man even has a clue as to what he's doing."

So while I was being critical of the man's job thusfar at MSU, I recognized that with the resume he's built, you couldn't logically doubt he knew what he was doing.

Now I understand that's a little high brow for such a dishonest non-thinker such as yourself, but certainly someone on here woud be willing to help you understand posts a little better.

Don't give up, man. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

MadDawg
01-09-2014, 09:35 AM
And keep trying to find that post where I wanted him fired. By the way, you are still a *****, no matter what Coach34 changes it to this time.

C222
01-09-2014, 09:49 AM
And keep trying to find that post where I wanted him fired. By the way, you are still a *****, no matter what Coach34 changes it to this time.

Just admit you wanted Cohen to fail because of your love for Polk. Same exact think you are doing with Ray.

CJDAWG85
01-09-2014, 09:56 AM
Loved the intensity last night. Knew the foul trouble would eventually catch up with us, but really liked the way the guys attacked the basket and weren't afraid of their big men.

MadDawg
01-09-2014, 11:16 AM
Just admit you wanted Cohen to fail because of your love for Polk. Same exact think you are doing with Ray.

Why would I admit something that isn't true? To make your ****** feel better?

I didn't want Cohen to fail just like I don't want Ray to fail just like I didn't want Croom to fail. See I love MSU. That means I want MSU to win no matter who the coach is or if I think he's the right man for the job. I don't go on 5-6 year crusades bad-mouthing our coaches hoping to grow sentiment against them in order to run them out of town. That's not my style. I'm not nearly that self absorbed or that egotistical. That is left to the Coach34's and Fishwaters of the world.

You won't see me calling for a coach to be fired unless he actually does something unethical or detrimental to the program or university. But you might find me defending a coach against constant attacks and belittlement.

engie
01-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Yet, you are on a 2+year crusade where your EVERY SINGLE post is bitching about the basketball team. ANY reasonable person can infer that you want a coach fired -- when you do nothing but bitch 100% of the time about their program during the rebuild.

MadDawg
01-09-2014, 12:12 PM
Yet, you are on a 2+year crusade where your EVERY SINGLE post is bitching about the basketball team. ANY reasonable person can infer that you want a coach fired -- when you do nothing but bitch 100% of the time about their program during the rebuild.

Good God this is ridiculous. That is not even close to being the truth, engie. I realize you guys have declared war against anyone that doesn't kowtow to the "Stans was the worst coach in America" party line, but this is ridiculous.

Let me help you understand.

If someone posted "boy, I really like the hustle the team is putting out this year. You have to love the energy Ray gets out of these players." -- I would have agreed 100% and had nothing to disagree with.

But when someone posts "boy, I really like the hustle the team is putting out this year. You have to love the energy Ray gets out of these players. Stands never could get any of his fat, lazy players to EVAH put out that kind of effort!!11!1!!1" --- I would have called the poster out for being the dumbass he is. If that was you, sorry.

engie
01-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Good God this is ridiculous. That is not even close to being the truth, engie. I realize you guys have declared war against anyone that doesn't kowtow to the "Stans was the worst coach in America" party line, but this is ridiculous.
Yeah -- go ahead and link me to this straw man bullshit.

Let me help you understand.
You need to help yourself understand.

If someone posted "boy, I really like the hustle the team is putting out this year. You have to love the energy Ray gets out of these players." -- I would have agreed 100% and had nothing to disagree with.
You wouldn't have posted a damn thing if you "agreed" with it. Literally every post you make is defending Stans or taking shots at Ray. Feel free to prove otherwise.

But when someone posts "boy, I really like the hustle the team is putting out this year. You have to love the energy Ray gets out of these players. Stands never could get any of his fat, lazy players to EVAH put out that kind of effort!!11!1!!1" --- I would have called the poster out for being the dumbass he is. If that was you, sorry.
Yet no one said that.

And Stans COULDN'T get a damn bit of effort out of his guys for multiple seasons at the end -- outside of a few UK games that we got up for but always ultimately lost. Sorry you are too ignorant to see that for what it was.

Hey, back to hoping Ray fails miserably so you have something to post about though...

Goat Holder
01-09-2014, 12:22 PM
MadDawg I typically agree with your premise and would like to defend you, but your posts do have a passive aggressive undertone in regards to Stans/Ray topics. And you straight up got made to look stupid with the Cohen stuff. But I will say this, you weren't the only baseball-ignorant poster back in 2010 that questioned Cohen. Shit, there were some doing it this year. It's all good though, the guys like me who actually go to and watch games will be here to let you all know what's up.

You can have basketball, though. I don't care too much about that unless we are good.

MadDawg
01-09-2014, 12:28 PM
Yeah -- go ahead and link me to this straw man bullshit.

That's rich coming from the guy using straw man arguments against me. Get your boy C222 to make up some more quotes from me too. That works really well.

And I love where you put words in my mouth, then expect me to disprove it? That's just stupid. Do you still beat your wife?

MadDawg
01-09-2014, 12:36 PM
And you straight up got made to look stupid with the Cohen stuff. But I will say this, you weren't the only baseball-ignorant poster back in 2010 that questioned Cohen.

Yeah there were a lot of folks upset with some of his coaching decisions at the time. Stupid base-running decisions and making the 3rd out at home or 3rd were not smart moves. I'm not sure why I all of a sudden am the poster child for any Cohen criticism. Well actually I do know - it's to bolster the arguments of those against me that I must be wrong on Stans and Ray since I was wrong on Cohen. When in actuality, I wasn't wrong on Cohen. Those decisions should have been questioned. And if people were honest, they would admit that.

Goat Holder
01-09-2014, 12:48 PM
Yeah there were a lot of folks upset with some of his coaching decisions at the time. Stupid base-running decisions and making the 3rd out at home or 3rd were not smart moves. I'm not sure why I all of a sudden am the poster child for any Cohen criticism. Well actually I do know - it's to bolster the arguments of those against me that I must be wrong on Stans and Ray since I was wrong on Cohen. When in actuality, I wasn't wrong on Cohen. Those decisions should have been questioned. And if people were honest, they would admit that.

I myself questioned a lot of them IN THAT INSTANT. But a broader view saw that our pitching talent was absolutely horrendous, especially the bullpen. Cohen had to manufacture runs any way possible. That's the short answer for that. And yes, he does value match-ups too much sometimes. But without going into crazy detail (this is a basketball thread after all), I feel like you were off on his resume as well.

I do agree very much that this board and many others have no ability to remember what happened 2 days ago or to look 2 days forward. CHANGE is all they know when things don't go just right. But don't go down that road with them by constantly harping on the past, you're better than that.