PDA

View Full Version : Attendance if we played in the NC game.

Where'sWaldo
01-08-2014, 11:48 AM
I was thinking about it during the game on Monday night and it's hard for me to imagine us traveling very well to Pasadena. What is the opinion here of how many fans we could get to Pasadena and how that would change based on the location?

CJDAWG85
01-08-2014, 11:49 AM
We'd bring A LOT of people... Look at how many showed up in Omaha.

smootness
01-08-2014, 11:54 AM
Location wouldn't matter. If we ever made a NC game in football, there would be a ton of fans who did whatever it took to get there, myself included. That would be the absolute pinnacle for our program and most don't actually believe it will ever happen. We would completely pack the place out.

dawgs
01-08-2014, 11:54 AM
i disagree. any major university that plays for a CFB national title, especially the 1st one in their history, would take 25K+ easy. money would not be an issue if we were playing for all the marbles. doesn't matter if the game was in green bay in january, i'd be there with a shit eating grin on my face.

FlabLoser
01-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Agreed. We filled up Omaha and baseball isn't half as popular as football. If we made a championship game, State fans everywhere would see it as a once in a multi-generation opportunity and drop everything to go with no regard for cost. I know I would.

TrapGame
01-08-2014, 11:59 AM
I'd go in a heart beat. Fly coach and live on Cheetos and Diet Coke. If MSU made their first ever NC I'd be willing to bet a TON of folks would go to California or Arizona to see it.

BrunswickDawg
01-08-2014, 12:04 PM
I would do whatever it took. I have a cousin who played WR at AU in the 90s. He had a ticket this year (I guess through the school?), but did not figure out if he could make it until Saturday b/c he had just gotten back from a trip overseas. He somehow got a standby on a late flight and made it in a couple hours before game time. Worth every penny.

I still regret not going to the SEC tourny in 1996, and made damn sure I was at SEC Championship in '97. My entire family knows that WHEN we ever play in that game I'm gone. bank account be damned!

maroonmania
01-08-2014, 12:06 PM
MSU would bring LOADS of fans no matter where it is because it would likely be a once in a lifetime event. I didn't get to go to Omaha this past year but I have no doubts we will be back and I'll get another chance. I would in no way feel that way should we ever be so fortunate to make a NC football game. Guess I'm a realist but I really don't see it ever happening even once in my lifetime. Would love to be wrong though.

theloungeinleft
01-08-2014, 12:19 PM
Mike Patrick disagrees with all of you.**

starkvegasdawg
01-08-2014, 12:28 PM
We'd be some trailer selling people and all pack up in a beat to hell Cousin Eddy RV and start the caravan out west. Just to keep our national image intact I'm sure we'd end up with Rodeo drive having actual livestock on it.**

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-08-2014, 12:35 PM
I don't attend every bowl game nor did I go to Omaha, but there is no way I would ever miss the NC if State were in it. I don't care if the game was being played in the jungle in Cambodia, I would get there.

Barking 13
01-08-2014, 12:38 PM
I don't attend every bowl game nor did I go to Omaha, but there is no way I would ever miss the NC if State were in it. I don't care if the game was being played in the jungle in Cambodia, I would get there.

Would you be flying the plane, and would you be taking Eddie? ;) Run to the hills!

Political Hack
01-08-2014, 12:39 PM
I'd sell my jet to get there.

RougeDawg
01-08-2014, 02:18 PM
I'd sell a kidney for a ticket and walk there if I had to. Only way I'd miss a MSU NCG, is if I died on the way to the game.

hailmari
01-08-2014, 03:24 PM
We'd bring a lot, I don't know about packing it out but a lot of us would love a reason to go to LA or Arizona. I've never been farther west than Tulsa. If it were to happen, I don't care where it is because I'll be there, but I would prefer Sugar since I'm a cheap-ass.

Dawg61
01-08-2014, 03:32 PM
Just imagine 50,000+ cowbells ringing in the NC game. It'd be ****ing amazing haha

RougeDawg
01-08-2014, 03:56 PM
Just imagine 50,000+ cowbells ringing in the NC game. It'd be ****ing amazing haha

Then we would get numerous, worldwide articles about how we broke the SEC noismaker rule.**

Maroonthirteen
01-08-2014, 04:01 PM
I was standing in line somewhere over the holidays. Two guys in their Auburn gear were talking about if they would be able to travel to the NCG because of holidays, family blah blah blah. I thought to myself......no way in hell I would miss that game if I was an Auburn fan. So, I certainly would be there if State played in the game. Credit card, savings....I would be there somehow.

Dawgtini
01-08-2014, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I thought that too when I passed on my ticket to the 98 SEC champ game in ATL. Had a new baby and figured we were only getting better I would go next time......

Johnson85
01-08-2014, 04:16 PM
I was thinking about it during the game on Monday night and it's hard for me to imagine us traveling very well to Pasadena. What is the opinion here of how many fans we could get to Pasadena and how that would change based on the location?

Not only would we pack out a NC game, we'd pack out any BCS game. If we went to a NC game and then to several BCS bowls in a row, you'd see attendance dropping at the BCS games if they weren't the Sugar Bowl.

Attendance will be interesting to watch with the playoffs. If state made it into the playoffs, I'd be able to go to the playoff game and the title game if they made it. The next year though, I might would have to choose between going to only the playoff game, of skipping the playoff game and going to the title game if we made it.

I would very much like to face this problem.

dawgs
01-08-2014, 05:32 PM
Not only would we pack out a NC game, we'd pack out any BCS game. If we went to a NC game and then to several BCS bowls in a row, you'd see attendance dropping at the BCS games if they weren't the Sugar Bowl.

Attendance will be interesting to watch with the playoffs. If state made it into the playoffs, I'd be able to go to the playoff game and the title game if they made it. The next year though, I might would have to choose between going to only the playoff game, of skipping the playoff game and going to the title game if we made it.

I would very much like to face this problem.

yeah the 1st time is always going to be the big one, and each time you go a step further, the crowds will stick with you. as soon as you stall out at anything below the national championship game or take a step back, even if just a very small step back, the demand is going to drop. just the nature of the beast.

dawgs
01-08-2014, 05:33 PM
I was standing in line somewhere over the holidays. Two guys in their Auburn gear were talking about if they would be able to travel to the NCG because of holidays, family blah blah blah. I thought to myself......no way in hell I would miss that game if I was an Auburn fan. So, I certainly would be there if State played in the game. Credit card, savings....I would be there somehow.

they were just there in 2010 though, so if i was an auburn fan that broke the bank for 2010, i could see not pulling the trigger this time around because you've already and so recently had that experience.

TheRef
01-08-2014, 06:04 PM
FWIW, MSU is at 100/1 odds to win the NC next year...anyone want to pull an Auburn fan and put money down on that?

woozman
01-08-2014, 07:20 PM

I would be there, even if I had to stop by Hancock Bank on the way out of town to sign a second mortgage...

RougeDawg
01-08-2014, 07:35 PM
FWIW, MSU is at 100/1 odds to win the NC next year...anyone want to pull an Auburn fan and put money down on that?

I may just to make it interesting. I find it odd that we are 100:1 when auburn was 500:1. If I could get those odds I might throw a Benjamin or two on it. Hell, you spend that on one night out here in Nola.

TheRef
01-08-2014, 07:38 PM
I may just to make it interesting. I find it odd that we are 100:1 when auburn was 500:1. If I could get those odds I might throw a Benjamin or two on it. Hell, you spend that on one night out here in Nola.

Bovada put those out.

Bothrops
01-08-2014, 07:43 PM
The L.A. area is by far the best bowl destination and we would bring 35k, easily.

archdog
01-08-2014, 09:36 PM
Agreed. We filled up Omaha and baseball isn't half as popular as football. If we made a championship game, State fans everywhere would see it as a once in a multi-generation opportunity and drop everything to go with no regard for cost. I know I would.

My wife and I said the same thing. I don't care if it cost 15grand. I would be there.

Where'sWaldo
01-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Well it seems to be a consensus that we would bring at the bare minimum our fare share. It's hard to gauge what would happen if we went two or three times but that will never happen and if it did we would pick up a ton of sidewalk fans to help us out.

Bothrops
01-08-2014, 10:42 PM
We would bring at least whatever our allotment would be.