PDA

View Full Version : Jim Beam: Jacob's White Ghost White Whiskey

BeastMan
01-07-2014, 08:38 PM
I mentioned this in passing in the weekend sippin thread but wanted to give it a preview thread of it's own. Here is the site if you want to check it out http://www.jimbeam.com/jacobs-ghost I was so intrigued by this white whiskey I had to give it a try. The store owner said it was good and at only $22 it was very affordable.

A few notes from the site:

-it hit stores march 2013

-"Jacob's Ghost is not moonshine or white dog. It is a special white whiskey, aged for at least 1 year in white oak barrels and crafted with over 200 years of Beam tradition. Enjoy it the way would would a bourbon, or mixed like a clear spirit. In short, drink it any damn way you please."

-first produced in 1795

When I bought it, I wanted to try it multiple different ways to see what I thought. First way I tried it was with a splash of ginger ale (my bourbon mixer of choice). Noticed it did in fact taste like bourbon but was smooth. Didn't have the bite or burn of a Old Charter 8. Next I tried it on the rocks. This way I did notice it was a little different than a traditional brown bourbon and the white oak barrels has to be the difference. Still good and smooth. The last way I tried it was getting weird. I got a highball and mixed about 2.5 ounces of spirit and 2.5 ounces of "simply lemonade" brand lemonade. I thought it was going to suck but the site said you could drink it however, so I took them up. It was freaking awesome and will be dusted off next summer for sure. All in all, it was a good bottle that I'd recommend. Great versatility and definitely something different. Won't be my everyday go-to but it will definitely be on deck for old fashions and Kentucky lemonades in august.