PDA

View Full Version : Elite Auburn LT Greg Robinson Declares Early for Draft...

engie
01-07-2014, 03:34 PM
Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
Odell Beckham, WR, LSU
Chris Boyd, WR, Vanderbilt (suspended for the 2013 season)
Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
Kony Ealey, DE, Missouri
Bruce Ellington, WR, South Carolina
Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
Ego Ferguson, DT, LSU
Victor Hampton, CB, South Carolina
Anthony Johnson, DT, LSU
Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU
Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss
Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida
Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida
Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina
Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
Henry Josey, RB, Missouri

have already declared...

spiritual_machine2005
01-07-2014, 03:48 PM
What the hell is JFF waiting for!

smootness
01-07-2014, 03:51 PM
My guess is that Mason will leave as well. I would definitely leave early if I was a RB and had any chance of being drafted...need to keep the wear and tear down as much as possible.

HancockCountyDog
01-07-2014, 03:55 PM
Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
Odell Beckham, WR, LSU
Chris Boyd, WR, Vanderbilt (suspended for the 2013 season)
Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
Kony Ealey, DE, Missouri
Bruce Ellington, WR, South Carolina
Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
Ego Ferguson, DT, LSU
Victor Hampton, CB, South Carolina
Anthony Johnson, DT, LSU
Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU
Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss
Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida
Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida
Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina
Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
Henry Josey, RB, Missouri

have already declared...

I fully expect Tennessee to struggle next year as well as Vandy. Vandy loses most of their starting defense and if rumors keep up, their HC.

Tennessee loses their entire OL (all five starters), most of their DL and I think 2 of their starting LB's.

FISHDAWG
01-07-2014, 04:01 PM
Mason said he would decide after the NCG .... so it's def on his mind

Goat Holder
01-07-2014, 04:04 PM
Wow, that's a big loss for them.

Dawg61
01-07-2014, 04:11 PM
I hope Mason leaves but it seems like he really wants the Heisman. He even did the pose last night after his 40yrd score. Manziel doesn't have money concerns so maybe he's wanting to be the #1 pick. Hope not.

smootness
01-07-2014, 04:16 PM
Manziel is gone; no way he's coming back.

I doubt Mason comes back for the purpose of winning the Heisman. The chances of that are so low, especially for a RB.

HancockCountyDog
01-07-2014, 04:21 PM
My guess is that Mason will leave as well. I would definitely leave early if I was a RB and had any chance of being drafted...need to keep the wear and tear down as much as possible.

Mason is gone per about every AU person I know.

hailmari
01-07-2014, 04:22 PM
I hope Mason leaves but it seems like he really wants the Heisman. He even did the pose last night after his 40yrd score. Manziel doesn't have money concerns so maybe he's wanting to be the #1 pick. Hope not.

That's my worry. Manziel is having fun and kicking ass in college, he doesn't have money issues, and his success as a professional is a big question mark for most.. Unless he's just tired of being the biggest celebrity in college football and in College Station, he has good reasons to stay.

Dawg61
01-07-2014, 04:24 PM
I wouldn't say his chances are low. In his last 3 games vs Bama, Mizzou and FSU he ran 109 times for 663 yds and 6 scores with another receiving TD. 164, 304, and 195 against 3 top 10 teams 1 being the NC.

smootness
01-07-2014, 04:29 PM
That's my worry. Manziel is having fun and kicking ass in college, he doesn't have money issues, and his success as a professional is a big question mark for most.. Unless he's just tired of being the biggest celebrity in college football and in College Station, he has good reasons to stay.

Not if you believe what he's put out there on social media. He seems to hate being in college and College Station in particular. I read somewhere that he's taking all online classes, he's not really on campus aside from football-related activities.

He seems to have fun playing football, but I'm sure he hates the rest of it. And there's no doubt he hates having to worry about amateurism issues; he's the kid running around to all kinds of NBA games and signing memorabilia. He wants the cash and the lifestyle of being an NFL QB, there's no doubt about that.

smootness
01-07-2014, 04:33 PM
I wouldn't say his chances are low. In his last 3 games vs Bama, Mizzou and FSU he ran 109 times for 663 yds and 6 scores with another receiving TD. 164, 304, and 195 against 3 top 10 teams 1 being the NC.

I think his chances are low in that everyone's chances are pretty low. You would think Winston has a great shot until you realize that every other player outside of Archie Griffin who has come back after winning a Heisman has failed to win it again; the odds there are not great b/c you have you play quite a bit better to have a chance of winning it again.

The chances are definitely low for RBs - there have been 2 in the last 14 years. And Mason finished 6th overall this year, as the #2 RB. It's not as though he almost won it.

And typically, the guys who enter the year with the biggest names have the hardest time winning it because everyone is watching them and any slip-up essentially takes you out of the running.

Lately, the formula to win has been to be someone that comes somewhat out of nowhere and is generally a QB. I think Mason would have to go over 2,000 yards next year to have any real shot at it.

Dawg61
01-07-2014, 04:36 PM

Maybe he also doesn't want to go to the Browns and is waiting for some type of guarantee from a different team. Jerry Jones would pay off Jerry Dome in 2 years if he put that circus in Dallas. As an owner of a team in Texas I just can't believe the Texans or Jones are going to pass on the gold mine JFF will be for them. Think about it. How do you pass up a BILLION dollars of revenue? For Teddy Bridgewater. Teddy Bridgewater is NOT Andrew Luck. There's a much higher chance that TB will be a bust than be a franchise QB. You know what is an almost 100% guarantee? That JFF will bring a Texas franchise more money than most 3rd world countries make. No ****ing way I'm passing on JFF. He's extremely marketable too. 2c

deltadawg99
01-07-2014, 04:39 PM
Auburn could also possibly lose Reese Dismukes at Center, Chad Slade at Guard and I assume Tre Mason is gone.

That would potentially be 3/5s of their OL and their best offensive player.

NCDawg
01-07-2014, 04:40 PM
That holding call on Robinson last night had a lot to do with Auburn losing the game. They had a 1st down on FSU's 15 yard line before the call.

deltadawg99
01-07-2014, 04:54 PM
That holding call on Robinson last night had a lot to do with Auburn losing the game. They had a 1st down on FSU's 15 yard line before the call.

I thought the taunting foul that forced them to kick a FG instead of going for 2 would end up screwing them. I thought they would call Tre Mason for spiking the ball after his TD towards the end.

Schultzy
01-07-2014, 07:31 PM
What the hell is JFF waiting for!

Heard on the radio today Manziel had hired an agent and another public relations outfit. One of those top of the hour news blurbs.

dawgs
01-07-2014, 08:32 PM

thing with mason is that he doesn't need the money. or at least i'm assuming he doesn't if his dad was halfway smart when he made his millions with de la soul. god knowns how many royalties he still has rolling in each year.

that said, RBs that feel they are guaranteed a 5th or so round pick or higher should always go. the shelf life of RBs is so short that you are better off not putting those 200 carries you'd get in your senior season towards getting past your rookie contract in the NFL. if you produce, you'll have a nice extension waiting for you a year earlier than if you had stayed in school and with 200 or so less carries on your legs.

RB is the only position i'd take that approach with, every other position has a much longer shelf life, so if you aren't a guranteed 1st or 2nd round guy and you think you'd be best served finishing your degree, polishing your skill 1 more year, and being 100% ready when you enter the NFL, you should stay in school.

Thick
01-08-2014, 12:41 AM

SPECIAL TEAMS.....lost that game! Missed chip shot fg, fake punt, and KO return for TD....that's a 17 point swing to FSU.

Jack Lambert
01-08-2014, 09:29 AM
I fully expect Tennessee to struggle next year as well as Vandy. Vandy loses most of their starting defense and if rumors keep up, their HC.

Tennessee loses their entire OL (all five starters), most of their DL and I think 2 of their starting LB's.

Next year will be a transition year for Vandy. KY might be a tougher outting for us next year then Vandy.